Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Strangely.

The emotions are there, but they almost always seem out of reach. Unless we recognize when our bodies are responding to them (i.e. Oh, I'm smiling like an idiot, so that means I must be very happy!) or unless we hear ourselves talk about them out loud.

Typically, I experience "vibrations" more so than I experience emotions in the traditional sense. Certain works of art or locations in nature in certain weather conditions convey certain moods, certain energies. Those vibrations don't always contain emotions, although they can. I'm struggling to find the right words to describe this further. But hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say!

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-2w3-5w4 sp/so
2,603 Posts
I have extremely strong and complicated emotions but they are hard to describe in the moment. They drive me but they are very strange. Sometimes, I feel a lack of present emotions but other times I am very openly emotional. I also only show my emotive side under certain circumstances. I am able to think and put them into perspective most of the time.

I may be feeling one way but I may not fully grasp that was how I was feeling until I think about it in hindsight. It may appear that I am in denial but that's not the case. My emotions take a little time to process. Sometimes, I am detached from them but they are always present, bubbling beneath the surface. They can be unpredictable as well. Sometimes, I am unable to express anything and other times, I am acutely aware of my emotions.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strangely.

The emotions are there, but they almost always seem out of reach. Unless we recognize when our bodies are responding to them (i.e. Oh, I'm smiling like an idiot, so that means I must be very happy!) or unless we hear ourselves talk about them out loud.

Typically, I experience "vibrations" more so than I experience emotions in the traditional sense. Certain works of art or locations in nature in certain weather conditions convey certain moods, certain energies. Those vibrations don't always contain emotions, although they can. I'm struggling to find the right words to describe this further. But hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say!
would you say your emotions is more like absorption eg walking nature you feel like you are becoming one or feeling the trees around you since you have fe?

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have extremely strong and complicated emotions but they are hard to describe in the moment. They drive me but they are very strange. Sometimes, I feel a lack of present emotions but other times I am very openly emotional. I also only show my emotive side under certain circumstances. I am able to think and put them into perspective most of the time.

I may be feeling one way but I may not fully grasp that was how I was feeling until I think about it in hindsight. It may appear that I am in denial but that's not the case. My emotions take a little time to process. Sometimes, I am detached from them but they are always present, bubbling beneath the surface. They can be unpredictable as well. Sometimes, I am unable to express anything and other times, I am acutely aware of my emotions.
hm would you say that the feeling that emotions are always present bubbling beneath the surfice has to do with the 6th unconsious function fi?

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Stronger emotions basically consume me and engulf me in a colour.

When walking in nature, if something truly beautiful hits me - this might literally just be everything in my vision at once, nothing 'in particular' - it's almost like time slows down and I'm inside some kind of painting or something, I'll look around and basically just be in awe at how blue the sky is, how vivid leaves of the trees are, how luscious the grass is, how beautiful the sunlight reflecting off the fountain looks.

Moments of pure aesthetic beauty practically freeze me.

I feel the same thing with music - right now, I've got Complicated on by Avril Lavigne - I don't care what anyone thinks about what I'm about to say - but this is a beautiful song, the lyrics are killer, the vibe of the song is perfect, the heart she puts into the performance is dead-on, and IDGAF if this sounds like "Si" - but this song (amongst so many others), hits me in the gut.

It transports me to back to 2002-2004~ when I was about 15, feelings of youth and freedom practically suffocate me and just about choke me up - it takes me back to a time before I had a wife, a family, before responsibilities, before I got stuck in a dead end job for 6 years, before I wound up trying to sell people shit over the phone, before I broke the heart of a girl who did nothing to deserve it, before I ever learnt about love and heartbreak, before I ever learnt about work or the concept of 'doing what you gotta do', before I got tied up by social norms, before I moved 2 states away from the world I knew and had to start my life over again.. before so much more than this.

Music reaches it's ethereal hand right into my heart and thaws it out - not all music, of course, but there are certain songs, certain artists, certain styles of music, that take me back in time - I don't remember exactly where I was, I can't pinpoint anything in particular, but I remember it, and this feeling becomes me, for a brief moment. Unless I allow it to consume me and indulge in it.

My 'message ringtone' (anyone remember not having their phone in silent all the time?) was Demolition Lovers pt.2 by My Chemical Romance - to this day, anytime I hear those first few notes, I'm taken back to nights without the lights on, windows and doors completely open as the wind would rush through my house - lights were off, because I was texting a girl I had the biggest crush on, and for whatever reason, I felt less paranoid in the dark (still do), I could face my inner demons and just.. ask her out.. she said yes, we went to the beach that same night, little did I know she was already walking over to my place as we were texting - no funny business, just sitting in the dark on the shore talking 'til the sun came up, literally - it's basically magic.

What music does, emotionally, to me, I can only explain as magic - there's so much more to it but I'll stfu.

For the most part, I don't pay attention to my emotions or how I'm feeling etc, but some things hit me and swallow me up.

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-2w3-5w4 sp/so
2,603 Posts
hm would you say that the feeling that emotions are always present bubbling beneath the surfice has to do with the 6th unconsious function fi?
I think it could have to do with fi. They become stronger when I am in a negative mood. I think that the ti-function has something to do with being somewhat detached but aware of them. Having to process them but needing some time to do so.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it could have to do with fi. They become stronger when I am in a negative mood. I think that the ti-function has something to do with being somewhat detached but aware of them. Having to process them but needing some time to do so.
well if it is the unconsious fi bubbling up,then the best thing to do is to follow those emotions in what they want so as to fulffil them thus getting rid of them,or find the source of why those emotions are happaning always brings some peace

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stronger emotions basically consume me and engulf me in a colour.

When walking in nature, if something truly beautiful hits me - this might literally just be everything in my vision at once, nothing 'in particular' - it's almost like time slows down and I'm inside some kind of painting or something, I'll look around and basically just be in awe at how blue the sky is, how vivid leaves of the trees are, how luscious the grass is, how beautiful the sunlight reflecting off the fountain looks.

Moments of pure aesthetic beauty practically freeze me.

I feel the same thing with music - right now, I've got Complicated on by Avril Lavigne - I don't care what anyone thinks about what I'm about to say - but this is a beautiful song, the lyrics are killer, the vibe of the song is perfect, the heart she puts into the performance is dead-on, and IDGAF if this sounds like "Si" - but this song (amongst so many others), hits me in the gut.

It transports me to back to 2002-2004~ when I was about 15, feelings of youth and freedom practically suffocate me and just about choke me up - it takes me back to a time before I had a wife, a family, before responsibilities, before I got stuck in a dead end job for 6 years, before I wound up trying to sell people shit over the phone, before I broke the heart of a girl who did nothing to deserve it, before I ever learnt about love and heartbreak, before I ever learnt about work or the concept of 'doing what you gotta do', before I got tied up by social norms, before I moved 2 states away from the world I knew and had to start my life over again.. before so much more than this.

Music reaches it's ethereal hand right into my heart and thaws it out - not all music, of course, but there are certain songs, certain artists, certain styles of music, that take me back in time - I don't remember exactly where I was, I can't pinpoint anything in particular, but I remember it, and this feeling becomes me, for a brief moment. Unless I allow it to consume me and indulge in it.

My 'message ringtone' (anyone remember not having their phone in silent all the time?) was Demolition Lovers pt.2 by My Chemical Romance - to this day, anytime I hear those first few notes, I'm taken back to nights without the lights on, windows and doors completely open as the wind would rush through my house - lights were off, because I was texting a girl I had the biggest crush on, and for whatever reason, I felt less paranoid in the dark (still do), I could face my inner demons and just.. ask her out.. she said yes, we went to the beach that same night, little did I know she was already walking over to my place as we were texting - no funny business, just sitting in the dark on the shore talking 'til the sun came up, literally - it's basically magic.

What music does, emotionally, to me, I can only explain as magic - there's so much more to it but I'll stfu.

For the most part, I don't pay attention to my emotions or how I'm feeling etc, but some things hit me and swallow me up.
would you say being in nature is like an absorption due to fe you in awe because it almost feels like you apart of everything around you and fe can be like this because fe absorps into things?

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
would you say being in nature is like an absorption due to fe you in awe because it almost feels like you apart of everything around you and fe can be like this because fe absorps into things?
I don't believe 'Fe' plays a part in it - I think it's inferior Se.

I'm not sure if this fits the 'theory' but I think it's most likely the way extraverted sensing works in an introverted intuitive - either non-existent, or over-the-top.
No 'real life' in-between.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I feel my feelings very intensely. I get so caught up in them that it's all consuming. Like drowning. It is all around me and I just keep sinking in deeper and deeper. And if I try and move my focus it's only briefly that I'm aible to forget about it. My head strugles to find a way out, but you can't find a way out of your feelings. I sometimes tries to ignorer or bury the feeling like when I'm at work and are suppose to be working and don't really have time to be a big cry baby. But I'm aware that it is there and it is very hard to suppress. I have no pokerface when it comes to trying to hide the fact that I'm sad, and yet somehow I'm a master. I feel it all over in my body. Pain and sadness for me feels like severe hunger, like my stomach is a black hole and all consuming. And at the same time, if I try to feel my feelings and try to tell you logicly where it ''sits'' it's like the feeling goes away. Like my feelings disappears when I try to sort them out or put them into words.

Not sure if I understand the question in the way you were hoping? (this is my - did this make sense to any one other than me? - moment)

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't believe 'Fe' plays a part in it - I think it's inferior Se.

I'm not sure if this fits the 'theory' but I think it's most likely the way extraverted sensing works in an introverted intuitive - either non-existent, or over-the-top.
No 'real life' in-between.
mmm so you would say its se that gets you in touch with the external world or natur?

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel my feelings very intensely. I get so caught up in them it feels like all consuming. Like drowning. It is all around me and I just keep sinking in deeper and deeper. And if I try and move my focus it's only briefly. My head strugles to find a way out, but you can't find a way out of your feelings. I sometimes tries to ignorer or bury the feeling like when I'm at work and are suppose to be working and don't really have time to be a big cry baby. But I'm aware that it is there and it is very hard to suppress. I have no pokerface when it comes to trying to hide the fact that I'm sad, and yet somehow I'm a master.

I will contunie this later..
very interesting infjs seem to be the strangest when it comes to emotions

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel my feelings very intensely. I get so caught up in them it feels like all consuming. Like drowning. It is all around me and I just keep sinking in deeper and deeper. And if I try and move my focus it's only briefly. My head strugles to find a way out, but you can't find a way out of your feelings. I sometimes tries to ignorer or bury the feeling like when I'm at work and are suppose to be working and don't really have time to be a big cry baby. But I'm aware that it is there and it is very hard to suppress. I have no pokerface when it comes to trying to hide the fact that I'm sad, and yet somehow I'm a master.

I will contunie this later..
i read somewere that infjs emotions can overtake them as if it was an entity all by itself,and thats why so many infjs think they could be meduims because of how emotions can possesses as if it was a spirit

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I never know what emotions I'm feeling unless I'm talking to someone or actively crying/screaming/smiling. I can't even imagine what it would be like to always be aware of my emotions. I mean I have them and I know they're very strong, but when it comes down to it I feel other people's emotions a lot more than my own.

I've read that Fe often 'shuts out' emotions when thinking about social issues (it takes the form of 'theta'-wave brain patterns). I think that happens to me a lot. I'm always rationalizing emotions instead of feeling them.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I never know what emotions I'm feeling unless I'm talking to someone or actively crying/screaming/smiling. I can't even imagine what it would be like to always be aware of my emotions. I mean I have them and I know they're very strong, but when it comes down to it I feel other people's emotions a lot more than my own.

I've read that Fe often 'shuts out' emotions when thinking about social issues (it takes the form of 'theta'-wave brain patterns). I think that happens to me a lot. I'm always rationalizing emotions instead of feeling them.
nice i read that infjs can become possessed by emotions as if it was an entity all by itself is this true in your experince?

·
Registered
752 Posts
INFJs can feel emotions just like anyone else. However, Fe does not process emotions internally very well. This article describes in quite well..

https://personalityjunkie.com/05/infj-strategies-for-dealing-with-emotions-part-i/
So we are able to feel other peoples emotions and understand them but we are blind to our own? - wow, that makes so much sense, and at the same time seems so frustrating, f..ked up and kind of like the universe's way of joking? I mean.. Seriously? It sounds like a curse. the curse of the INFJ..

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
The link from @Love describes exactly how it is for me.

A personal thing for me is my ADHD. It tends to amplify emotions, meaning that if they come out unintentionally, it's a pretty heavy effect.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts