Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think either combination, INxJ and ENxP, or ISxJ and ENxP, could meet each other half-way in terms of adapting their communication style or attitude, in order for the interaction, short term or long term, to be as positive/mutually beneficial for either side as possible?

Both of my parents are ISxJs (according to me), I'm INxJ and younger brother is ENxP - mum and brother have especially clashed in the past, but so have my brother and I (perhaps we have been more intuitively sympathetic towards each other's emotional perspectives, or maybe not ...)

I'm asking not for this situation but more in the general sense, just giving some context as to where I'm coming from, maybe it helps in answering)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
for stjs i find if you are patient or in a position of privacy it is possible to find little glimmers of human feeling within them. even if it's relatively superficial, it is enough to warrant patience and understanding for how they approach things/people (si/te walking rulebooks make me jesusrage at times) and i find it best to reciprocate those feelings by performing whatever task they expect to a reasonable standard

if my ego gets in the way, god help everyone, but that only happens with my dad (istj), and even then i can be very patient with him unless he's drinking

as for the other way around, i have no idea. often times i only experience stjs when they have some form of leverage over me (parents/managers/landlords) and as such do not truly expect them to acquiesce to my autonomy when it only really hurts me if they don't. i generally find it's best to just flatout ignore them when possible/prudent or else do a good job if ignoring them isn't an option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts