Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because no one sees you as you really are deep inside your heart.
Watch a bunch of noobs :dry:

Last-last year at school: I was alone. Depressed. All that. People would see me as the girl who never wanted to talk to anyone, who wanted to be alone, who was overemotional (yay for randomly starting to cry in the middle of a french class?), AND who was all planned and organized (because I was doing good at school). Then one time I forgot to do a homework and everybody was like lolwat and then the teacher saw my locker and she was lolwat again. If I had to type it I'd say some kind of weird thing between ISTJ and ISFJ.

Now: Quite the opposite. People see me as a person who never takes anything seriously, who's always joking, who has no emotions and all that. I'd write something longer but I'm lazy. :(

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm not sure. I've heard that ENPs are the introverted extroverts, but I'm pretty sure I'm an extreme case. I don't really even speak with my own family much.
I know that I've always just been the 'quiet girl' at school. I was that girl who kinda sat in the back doing my own thing. But people thought I was smart, for some reason. So I suppose that's how I came off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Because no one sees you as you really are deep inside your heart.
Watch a bunch of noobs :dry:

Last-last year at school: I was alone. Depressed. All that. People would see me as the girl who never wanted to talk to anyone, who wanted to be alone, who was overemotional (yay for randomly starting to cry in the middle of a french class?), AND who was all planned and organized (because I was doing good at school). Then one time I forgot to do a homework and everybody was like lolwat and then the teacher saw my locker and she was lolwat again. If I had to type it I'd say some kind of weird thing between ISTJ and ISFJ.

Now: Quite the opposite. People see me as a person who never takes anything seriously, who's always joking, who has no emotions and all that. I'd write something longer but I'm lazy. :(
haha lol I understand you...:crazy: I guess that's our survivor code, "that mask"... We are naturally like an ENFP should be, but sometimes the micro-world where we are in, where we belong, doesn't allow us to be who we are... What do we do then? We fake. But I'm sure this is always palliative... if we get the opportunity we will return to our inspirer, energetic, fascinating ENFP form. =] And we should be pride of being like we are. (though it is difficult to us sometimes...).

Hug!:wink:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I'm like Missy Maroon. Very much depends on the environment and what is expected of me.

At work... I'm known as "bubbly Jess". Also known as incredibly weird... and intelligent but in a very N way. I'm very happy that they see me like that because I've made a huge effort at work to let go of the protection I had at school and be completely genuine with everyone. Because of that, their impression of me is very accurate. The only thing they don't gather is that I'm very depressed. But that's not who I am... that's just my current circumstance. So I guess their impression is pretty damn accurate! :tongue:

At school everyone had a very different impression of me but thats because, as I've previously mentioned, my school years were quite traumatic for me and left me with PTSD and even being around my classmates triggered horrible memories and feelings of isolation. So every day I was in panic and survival mode and so I shut down and just waited for it to end. I wasn't myself.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Wow being an Extrovert forced to be an Introvert sounds alot worse than an Introvert being Extraverted.

·
Banned
193 Posts
I'm like Missy Maroon. Very much depends on the environment and what is expected of me.

At work... I'm known as "bubbly Jess". Also known as incredibly weird... and intelligent but in a very N way. I'm very happy that they see me like that because I've made a huge effort at work to let go of the protection I had at school and be completely genuine with everyone. Because of that, their impression of me is very accurate. The only thing they don't gather is that I'm very depressed. But that's not who I am... that's just my current circumstance. So I guess their impression is pretty damn accurate! :tongue:

At school everyone had a very different impression of me but thats because, as I've previously mentioned, my school years were quite traumatic for me and left me with PTSD and even being around my classmates triggered horrible memories and feelings of isolation. So every day I was in panic and survival mode and so I shut down and just waited for it to end. I wasn't myself.

This is so me as well, everything you said! I've wondered if maybe difficult experiences when younger triggers enough development of the weaker functions to create ENFPs who use Te a lot. Most of my close friends, or ones that get emotionally drawn to me have gone through a difficult emotional experience when younger but managed to grow from it and become more balanced. Do you ever find yourself drawing back into that shut down mode in really awkward circumstances?

Also, your contributions might be appreciated in this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-for...-both-enfps-why-do-they-like-her-hate-me.html

·
Banned
72 Posts
I'm not sure if it's because I'm a borderline E but I tended to retreat into my head if put into a situation I didn't like or if I felt that I was being judged... since in High School you are constantly judged I was typically the smart quiet one unless people got to know me through my close friends or outside school where I was (and this was told me many times throughout my life):
"more like pinky than the brain".

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
This is so me as well, everything you said! I've wondered if maybe difficult experiences when younger triggers enough development of the weaker functions to create ENFPs who use Te a lot. Most of my close friends, or ones that get emotionally drawn to me have gone through a difficult emotional experience when younger but managed to grow from it and become more balanced. Do you ever find yourself drawing back into that shut down mode in really awkward circumstances?

Also, your contributions might be appreciated in this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-for...-both-enfps-why-do-they-like-her-hate-me.html
I don't think I use Te much. In function analysis tests I use it second to last, using only Ti less. I think what has changed for me is that I know what brings me down and I know how to bring myself out of it. I'm pretty ruled by illogical feelings as apparently, I'm bipolar. I don't ever revert back to the way I was in high school. I think it's because I know nothing will ever be that bad. I've matured a lot and I'm not having daily goddamn panic attacks, but I don't think I'm balanced as far as cognitive functions go!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Wow being an Extrovert forced to be an Introvert sounds alot worse than an Introvert being Extraverted.
I'm naturally 'introverted'. Though, all that being extroverted means is that your attention is turned toward the external rather than the internal...whatever. It has nothing to do with being sociable or outgoing. Naturally, I am very reserved, though I do really love people.

·
Registered
8 Posts
everybody thinks im "unique"...weird even. People who don't know me assume I am stupid because I ask a whole lot of questions... lol they do not understand that I dont ask because I dont know..I ask because I am curious about everything. SOmetimes I just enjoy hearing what the person will respond so I can then analyze it. People also say I am a child at heart and very enthusiastic about everything.
I think I am an extreme ENFP because I am also an Aries..and those two happen to have pretty much identical descriptions..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Depending on the circumstances I can come across as completely different people. I think under extreme stress I can be very judgemental and rigid (unhealthy ISTJ traits?) and when I'm nervous or insecure I give off sort of an INFP/INTP vibe (or so I've been told by my ENTP friend)...basically the happier I am, the more my E comes out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts