Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Avoidant-dismissive attachment style, with regards to Ainsworth's attachment style typologies. I find myself dreaming all the time of the perfect relationship with someone amazing, but when it comes to putting myself out there, I just don't want to do it. I feel like doing something like a blind date would be far too embarrassing and kind of unnatural. I see a good relationship as an almost impossible, perfect goal.

I just wondered whether anyone on here with Avoidant attachment style might read this and want to discuss their own experiences and whatnot. Indeed, anyone with any attachment style with some knowledge/insight about Avoidants is welcome to post.

Reactions: avidity

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have Avoidant-dismissive attachment style, with regards to Ainsworth's attachment style typologies. I find myself dreaming all the time of the perfect relationship with someone amazing, but when it comes to putting myself out there, I just don't want to do it. I feel like doing something like a blind date would be far too embarrassing and kind of unnatural. I see a good relationship as an almost impossible, perfect goal.

I just wondered whether anyone on here with Avoidant attachment style might read this and want to discuss their own experiences and whatnot. Indeed, anyone with any attachment style with some knowledge/insight about Avoidants is welcome to post.
I completely know where you're coming from, as well as making this pedeastal 100ft high, I have the extra level of it as you do known as infpism.

I (we?) think for right field then go to left field in thoughts, I come off as making absolutely no sense when I try and talk to someone new (in some 1/50 chance I actually initiate a conversation with a girl.) I feel uncomfortable and if I feel uncomfortable fuck can only imagine how they feel.

Now lets say I do have the balls and the right thing to say and approach her, and it goes wrong. I know I'll go atleast 3-5 rounds with myself for being such an idiot.

Thankfully when I was in high school I wore this mask became the "party animal" every weekend going out and just from reputation of always being the life of the party. (Which spent up all my social energy, can't party anymore) the girls made it easier tor me to talk to and become more receptive of my out of no where statements sometimes just agreeing with me.

Try and find small kickbacks or play kings cup where you're kind of forced to talk to eachother and because of how little of a group it will be a lot of social quirks will be ignored.

That's where a good chunk of the girls I talk to are from, very safe easy engagements.

I like them they are all great friends but they aren't my ideal, and become bitter when I give it a shot and try and explain why it didn't work out and the accused of just using them.

It's rough, their have only been 2 real connections I've felt, one who has been a child hood friend and seriously would do anything for her, she's perfect I recently let her go as I couldn't hold her back or give her everything in life she deserves.

The other was self sabotage, thinking the same above would happen I just subconsciously pushed her away even though they both felt so right, and kicker is they weren't random whores. They were people I actually saw as girls I would be able to date, obviously one has my heart more then the other but they are both amazing. Just like. Real relationship should start, on friendship.

But better to have these beautiful girls inside and out my friend then lose one to stupidity in making it awkward. But these 2 are the real things 6-10 that's of knowing eachother.

Goodness do I wish I could convince her for even a date just a chance to show the amount of unconditionally love I could give her.

Might not have much insight but the was my onion and wsperoebxe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts