Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's as the title suggests. I was wondering if there's a general feeling shared among SPs and other non-NTs about us. Do you, for instance, feel that we are full of ourselves or counterproductive or perhaps smart or unique.

Just wanted to pick your collective brain; let me know your answers.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I L.O.V.E NTs. as in LOVE. I think they're smart and unique, witty and super to talk to. I like how they're almost naive but not quite, very cool with themselves and with others.
My "dream guy" is an ENTP. :) lolz

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
I like NTs. They're more logical than I am, and I really like hearing their perspective on the world. I like their ideas and their theories, especially if they are really excited by all of that sort of stuff. They are interesting people.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It's as the title suggests. I was wondering if there's a general feeling shared among SPs and other non-NTs about us. Do you, for instance, feel that we are full of ourselves or counterproductive or perhaps smart or unique.

Just wanted to pick your collective brain; let me know your answers.
My pattern is SP/NT, so, logically, I dont consider NTs as different kind of people and I tend to get on well with them. This sensor vs. intuitive thing is for me too biased and make me feel like if Im sitting in two chairs at once.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have not met an NT to date that I do not respect and enjoy being around. I don't think any NT has met me without falling in love.

NT"S and I generally get along very well. Conversations are natural and and they provide me with a new perspective. Dating an NT can be difficult me, though more than worthwhile. They also don't flock to me like NF's, which I like. It makes them a rarity and something to be treasured. There isn't too much about NT's that irks me, but sometimes I wish that the NT's I know would shut up and enjoy life with me in lieu of questioning it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There isn't too much about NT's that irks me, but sometimes I wish that the NT's I know would shut up and enjoy life with me in lieu of questioning it.
you have no idea how often my girlfriend tells me this in many colorful ways. She's an ISFJ and doesn't like questioning anything.

·
Registered
486 Posts
you have no idea how often my girlfriend tells me this in many colorful ways. She's an ISFJ and doesn't like questioning anything.
GAH! In my mind, that is equally unacceptable! Everything needs questioning, though there are times when I feel like we are beating a dead horse after it broke it's legs and we shot it in the face when I converse with NT's, specifically ENTX's. I seem to cope much better with INTJ's and INTP's.

^^I apologize for the gruesome analogy. My head movies take over at times.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
My SO is an ISFP who questions nothing herself and, as you said here, tells me not to in many colorful ways. But she also knows that I will not change this (I have made this very clear), and is comfortable with me questioning so long as I don't drag her into it.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
I think that it's best to question everything. If you don't understand something and you don't ask questions, you won't get any answers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think people that are NT often look at problems in really unique ways and quite often seem to be very nice people on the inside, especially to those close to them. They also really seem to appreciate any fun they have in their funky little NT way.

Many NTs are a bit full of themselves to varying degrees but they're usually also fairly cool with it when you poke fun at them about their overconfidence. To be honest my primary issue in the past with people I think were NTs wasn't my opinion of them, it was their opinion of me.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Haven't met any NTs in real life, but from what I've seen on this forum, you seem to find them everywhere in every sub-forums (nosy :p)... asking strange questions or posting strange(weird) comments......
In general, I find NTs a bit odd.........

·
Registered
61 Posts
From my experience, you can show them other methodological ways other than the ways that has been conventionally introduced to them.

asking strange questions or posting strange(weird) comments
In general, I find NTs a bit odd
The reasons stretch to varying degree. For one, we can assume that they probably do it for analytical or observational reasons. Oddity is a good characteristic that many ISFPs appreciate, right? I find this to be common in particular, especially with ISFPs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The reasons stretch to varying degree. For one, we can assume that they probably do it for analytical or observational reasons. Oddity is a good characteristic that many ISFPs appreciate, right? I find this to be common in particular, especially with ISFPs.
For me I appreciate uniqueness in problem solving more than oddity... because I don't like things that are illogical or makes no sense :S

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't judge NT's, they are like all other ppl for me and everything depends on individual.

I like talking with NT's, they are most logical ppl around and not as iritating as SJ's may be at times. One of my friends is INTJ and he tends to ask me REALLY stupid questions, which aren't iritating but rather make me wtf-laught. ENTJ's may be really domineering so I have hard time with time at times.
I consider NT's a bit weird (like socially awkward at times) and although I really like o talk with them, wouldn't really go to party for example with one.

Reactions: Figure

·
Registered
83 Posts
For the most part, I find NTs to be analytical and sometimes a little cold/clinical. Or uptight. Not always uptight, though. I like most NTs, but sometimes I can be caught off guard by them.

·
Registered
715 Posts
great to talk (read as: listen) to.
they have fascinating ideas and are able to communicate them. though i really appreciate it when NTs are able to shut up sometimes.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts