Personality Cafe banner
576 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dare 
#1 ·
For those with Te as their dominant or auxiliary, what does it look like when they incorporate the other judging functions? My assumption is that they primarily focus on making things work (because of their strong Te), and then secondarily use Fi to ensure that they personally like what works. They may use empathy to judge how other people will be emotionally affected by the methods to achieve what works (Fe), and they may use reasoning to understand why (Ti), but there will be less of a concern for these last two judgments since Te-Fi is the stronger axis that is utilized for those with Te as their dom/aux function.
Is this correct? Are there better ways to understand how Te users incorporate Fe, Fi, and Ti?

#2 ·
My assumption is that they primarily focus on making things work (because of their strong Te), and then secondarily use Fi to ensure that they personally like what works.
It works in reverse for me (and other XNTJs I've observed): Fi values inform Te first. Fi lower in the function stack seems to act as a driver/motivator to higher Te.

They may use empathy to judge how other people will be emotionally affected by the methods to achieve what works (Fe),
When I'm in Te 'work mode' I want action/results -- I care very little about feelings, including my own. I consider the introduction of feelings at that time a blocking behavior and treat it accordingly. I dislike people who fail at being professional or lack the ability to put something important above their feelz (for which there is a more appropriate time & place). If someone has a suggestion for a better way to do things however, I'm all ears. I simply don't value what high Fe users value. Fe doesn't interact with Te in me.

and they may use reasoning to understand why (Ti)
That's true. Ti shows up high in functions tests for me, fwiw, but my relatively weaker Ti is merely assistance to my Te style thinking which comes more naturally -- I use 'does this follow?' (Ti) only as a check or to understand why something works or where my 'does this work?' (Te) primary test can't answer the question. I trust Te more than I trust Ti (even though I admire the brilliance of Ti in some people).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.