Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During lockdown I’ve found my self becoming more aware than ever of injustices in the world.It started off as trying to become more sustainable,then learning the main source of pollution is caused my the worlds richest 10% through exploitation such as child labour or stealing the earths non renewable sources.Also other atrocities such as human trafficking,child abuse ,the corruption of pharmaceutical companies,the fact extroverts only seem to thrive ,the way people are locked into societies that brainwash and exploit them .I feel so overwhelmed by the evils of the world and so helpless.As an INFP I feel the need to fix things ,how do others cope with the fact these aren’t “fixable“things .

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was thinking the same, what @Saiyed Handsome Dyke said. I don't know for sure if I'm an INTP or an INFP, I've received feedback suggesting either. But I digress.

I, too, struggle with the dichotomy between my value system and the reality we live in. I tell friends and family I wish I could end all human life, for the betterment of all other life on the planet, and I usually get replies like "oh, so you want me to die", to which I think to myself "how selfish and arrogant of them, to believe that their life is more important than any other living thing." Then there are those whom argue "you can't change the world but you can still help improve your community, your life," to which I say "if you had cancer, would you be okay with the surgeon only removing some of it and letting the rest continue to deteriorate your health?"

Point is, in 20 years I haven't found a way to reconcile my conscience and reality.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Try to live my life in a way such that I avoid the things I find problematic and such that I promote solutions or alternatives to them.

Recognize and internalize that I alone can't fix/address every problem, that it's fruitless to fret about every problem and my lack of power over it, and that other people are doing things to address some of those problems.

Have an enjoyable personal life outside of worrying, politics, activism and the like.

Limit engagement with problems (such as time spent reading the news), particularly engagement that does not lead to productive action.

Seek people who care about the same things and discuss solutions.

Limit engagement with people who don't care, avoid people who pretend to care.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm gonna try to aswer as Intp , i can see why alot of emotional people can have alot of problems trying to digest the "truth" , if we still think that the riches are the problem the reality is that we don't know anything about history . i would not recommend reading alot of marx or any letfy "economical thinkers" ... such a waste of time , i would start reading the road to serfdom of hayek .... or hell , thus spoke zaratustra from nietszche ( so ahead of his time , do not believe the nazi shit people talks about him ).

The "Riches" are a large group ; there is : The real capitalist ( the great heroes ) , people who invests , create jobs , create growth , compete with others "riches" for having a better product for a good price and great quality ( Hey ... they did alot more than your typical social-justice-fighter wannabe leaders to society which is living freely talking nonsenses ) ,ect. and the most important point they do not recieve help from politicians ( the germs ).

In a real capitalist thinking the "bail-outs" and "QE" were the most atrocious thing for the system and society( and world ) . Basically , The federals created trillions from nothing to save the stock market , banks , companies , ect. to keep their power ( to saved jobs they said ) . Those fools ( politicians and central banks) still think they can save the economy by creating more "papers" and stupid social "laws" which is food for today and hungry for tomorrow.

BUT NO DO WORRY , YOUR POLITICIANS ARE DOING THE BEST TO INCREASE THE DEBT FOR YOU ( THE GREATEST EMPIRES COLLAPSED 'CAUSE THE INFLATION OF THEIR MONETARY SYSTEM BUT NOBODY TEACH YOU THAT , RIGHT ? ) TO LIVE A LITTLE BETTER A FEW YEARS AND LEAVING THAT DEBT TO FUTURE GENERATIONS TO PAY IT ( THE LEFT MORALITY IN A NUTSHELL) . BUT THE PROBLEM ARE THE CAPITALISTS ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA , AMAZING ... WHAT IS MOST SAD IS THAT WE ARE ACCEPTING THE MONETARY SLAVERY WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT IT.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ...coff ..coff hahahahhaehe xD.

So... we are going to alot worse when the gold price is 2000 ( peak in history btw ) and silver is reaching 25 dollars or something , It's not the metals rising is the dollar going to shit .

As Friedman said : first the data.

And as a typical intp i'm getting bored of writing xDD ( not even my native language , sorry -.- u ) .
But i can simpIificate the others "RICHES" , Basically... the useless shit that are friends of politicians and use every aspect of the system to fuck people . Be careful of those ... they like to talk how to" help people" but if you let them freely to compete against a true capitalist they are just bugs.

And really ... all of those who blame capitalism for our all problems in our current reality are just lefties wannabe and a perfect definition about the left concepts ;they don't know anything about economy period...

But i understand your original point , how do we help people ? ... from my current knowledge is not giving them free stuff , it's teaching them how to be "creators" and really... teach them the monetary system for god sake ; It's fucking mind blowing having alot of smart people with alot of degrees knowing nothing about that,

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I went through a phase where I saw similar injustices everywhere.

It coincided with the time when social media and general internet usage were just taking off, along my own new entry into adulthood as a 20 year old. With the internet I had discovered a new vast wealth of information about how the world was equally full of amazing and terrible things, and I was fascinated by all of it. There was a browser extension I added which basically showed a "random awesome web page" every time I clicked the button, and with that I mentally travelled to and discovered amazing parts of the world. At the same time, I'd see endless sources of outrage and sadness on social media about things I couldn't fix, such as inequality, global poverty, Palestine, ecological destruction, etc.

I don't know what advice I can give, other than to say rather sadly it is "just a phase". Eventually you'll become saturated with it all and stop caring about some of it. You'll find your place in the world and just get on with life.

The following film (which I also discovered around that time) pretty much encompasses my interpretation of the world ten years ago. Beauty, destruction and hope all on a constant collision course, and there's not much you or I can do, other than sit back and marvel.

It's pretty much two hours of the most beautiful aerial videography you'll ever see, against a narrative of human cultural and technological evolution.

·
Registered
101 Posts
During lockdown I’ve found my self becoming more aware than ever of injustices in the world.It started off as trying to become more sustainable,then learning the main source of pollution is caused my the worlds richest 10% through exploitation such as child labour or stealing the earths non renewable sources.Also other atrocities such as human trafficking,child abuse ,the corruption of pharmaceutical companies,the fact extroverts only seem to thrive ,the way people are locked into societies that brainwash and exploit them .I feel so overwhelmed by the evils of the world and so helpless.As an INFP I feel the need to fix things ,how do others cope with the fact these aren’t “fixable“things .
To cope, I started a website, HowToLife, to encourage people to wake up and look out for themselves. Instead of sleepwalking and mindlessly supporting the personal agenda of an unethical businessman, while leading a miserable life.

I also study nature. Nature is amoral, IMO, and injustice is not in its dictionary. The purpose of life, IMO, is to learn. And those who learn most, thrive most. Regardless of what they do with that knowledge.

You should focus on learning too and focus on using what you learn to your personal satisfaction (be it for your benefit, that of your loved ones, or for strangers). No matter what you do, some people will think its good, others will think it's bad. Make peace with the fact that each person is going to see you differently and proceed to do what makes you feel fulfilled and satisfied.

Remember, at the end of the day, we're nothing more than stardust.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
I'm gonna try to aswer as Intp , i can see why alot of emotional people can have alot of problems trying to digest the "truth" , if we still think that the riches are the problem the reality is that we don't know anything about history . i would not recommend reading alot of marx or any letfy "economical thinkers" ... such a waste of time , i would start reading the road to serfdom of hayek .... or hell , thus spoke zaratustra from nietszche ( so ahead of his time , do not believe the nazi shit people talks about him ).

The "Riches" are a large group ; there is : The real capitalist ( the great heroes ) , people who invests , create jobs , create growth , compete with others "riches" for having a better product for a good price and great quality ( Hey ... they did alot more than your typical social-justice-fighter wannabe leaders to society which is living freely talking nonsenses ) ,ect. and the most important point they do not recieve help from politicians ( the germs ).

In a real capitalist thinking the "bail-outs" and "QE" were the most atrocious thing for the system and society( and world ) . Basically , The federals created trillions from nothing to save the stock market , banks , companies , ect. to keep their power ( to saved jobs they said ) . Those fools ( politicians and central banks) still think they can save the economy by creating more "papers" and stupid social "laws" which is food for today and hungry for tomorrow.

BUT NO DO WORRY , YOUR POLITICIANS ARE DOING THE BEST TO INCREASE THE DEBT FOR YOU ( THE GREATEST EMPIRES COLLAPSED 'CAUSE THE INFLATION OF THEIR MONETARY SYSTEM BUT NOBODY TEACH YOU THAT , RIGHT ? ) TO LIVE A LITTLE BETTER A FEW YEARS AND LEAVING THAT DEBT TO FUTURE GENERATIONS TO PAY IT ( THE LEFT MORALITY IN A NUTSHELL) . BUT THE PROBLEM ARE THE CAPITALISTS ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA , AMAZING ... WHAT IS MOST SAD IS THAT WE ARE ACCEPTING THE MONETARY SLAVERY WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT IT.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ...coff ..coff hahahahhaehe xD.

So... we are going to alot worse when the gold price is 2000 ( peak in history btw ) and silver is reaching 25 dollars or something , It's not the metals rising is the dollar going to shit .

And as a typical intp i'm getting bored of writing xDD ( not even my native language , sorry -.- u ) .
But i can simpIificate the others "RICHES" , Basically... the useless shit that are friends of politicians and use every aspect of the system to fuck people . Be careful of those ... they like to talk how to" help people" but if you let them freely to compete against a true capitalist they are just bugs.

And really ... all of those who blame capitalism for our all problems in our current reality are just lefties wannabe and a perfect definition about the left concepts ;they don't know anything about economy period...

But i understand your original point , how do we help people ? ... from my current knowledge is not giving them free stuff , it's teaching them how to be "creators" and really... teach them the monetary system for god sake ; It's fucking mind blowing having alot of smart people with alot of degrees knowing nothing about that,
Your entire post is a great brainwashing sample. "Friedman", "Hayek", "create jobs" lol. Where did you learn all your arguments? From mises.org?

Thanks for the capitalist circlejerk, you are almost on the level of soviet communists in your fanaticism. Complete blind faith in this free market bullshit.

Reactions: Nmh123 and HAL

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
You say "technological evolution" and I see this. I bet they made a conscious effort to steer clear of this view in that documentary.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Um, no, the documentary goes over all of that. It just happens to be filmed beautifully as well. Like I said, it sums up my attitude toward the planet at that time: A place of wonder and dismay in equal measure.

If you skip to 1:17:00 in the film you'll find a good dose of the bad bits.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
Do your best to be supportive and helpful and to try not to add to the problems in your corner of the world. Leave things better than the way you found them as much as humanly possible. Learn to let go of things out of your own control. There are things you can do, meditate and read books.

Reactions: Nmh123

·
Registered
6,728 Posts

Most (OP included) search for happiness outside themselves. They’re doing it wrong. They do the same thing with “God” but I digress. Be the change you want to see and it will manifest around you...ignore the ones doing it wrong. “If only I could control the behavior of others, the world would be a better place.” is Mistake One. The vast majority of others already think this way and the results of this thinking are all around, perpetual push. Chattering busybodies...good luck to them, they’re going to need it. The best one can hope for is to be the change in the hope that others will emulate you. If that doesn’t make one happy or at least content, take peek inside your subconscious...you’ll see the want of controlling others staring back you.

Anyway, got physical silver? I’ve got mine, three nine fine. That and a comfy deck chair with a good view and an adult beverage to watch as the world burns.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Your entire post is a great brainwashing sample. "Friedman", "Hayek", "create jobs" lol. Where did you learn all your arguments? From mises.org?

Thanks for the capitalist circlejerk, you are almost on the level of soviet communists in your fanaticism. Complete blind faith in this free market bullshit.
Do you see the irony of bringing up “brainwashing“ along with “capitalist”? Capitalism and all the negative connotations that go along with? It’s a simple question, do you own the product of your labor or does that belong first and foremost to the state? Marx loved to go on and on about the evils of ”capitalism”.

Capitalism isn’t the problem, debt is the problem. That and the perpetual growth model required to service that debt. “We need to grow the economy!” Fundamentals: The simplest, purest way to think about debt is prosperity on loan from the future. Think about it like this and all the rest falls into place, at least for me it does. A reckoning is coming, it’s already here really but most don't see it for what it is, time to pay the piper. More observation of the passage of time under your belt leads to a broader perspective. It’s an insidious, slow motion reckoning, not at all like flipping a switch...but sorry kids, the future is now.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Do you see the irony of bringing up “brainwashing“ along with “capitalist”? Capitalism and all the negative connotations that go along with? It’s a simple question, do you own the product of your labor or does that belong first and foremost to the state? Marx loved to go on and on about the evils of ”capitalism”.

Capitalism isn’t the problem, debt is the problem. That and the perpetual growth model required to service that debt. “We need to grow the economy!” Fundamentals: The simplest, purest way to think about debt is prosperity on loan from the future. Think about it like this and all the rest falls into place, at least for me it does. A reckoning is coming, it’s already here really but most don't see it for what it is, time to pay the piper. More observation of the passage of time under your belt leads to a broader perspective. It’s an insidious, slow motion reckoning, not at all like flipping a switch...but sorry kids, the future is now.
Ahh, I just stumbled on a post with similar tone.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Most (OP included) search for happiness outside themselves. They’re doing it wrong. They do the same thing with “God” but I digress. Be the change you want to see and it will manifest around you...ignore the ones doing it wrong. “If only I could control the behavior of others, the world would be a better place.” is Mistake One. The vast majority of others already think this way and the results of this thinking are all around, perpetual push. Chattering busybodies...good luck to them, they’re going to need it. The best one can hope for is to be the change in the hope that others will emulate you. If that doesn’t make one happy or at least content, take peek inside your subconscious...you’ll see the want of controlling others staring back you.

Anyway, got physical silver? I’ve got mine, three nine fine. That and a comfy deck chair with a good view and an adult beverage to watch as the world burns.
The classic collectivism vs individualism . It's crazy when you are learning those concepts you start to realize that every totalitary system ( communist , socialism , national socialism , facism , ect ) had it root in a collective thinking ... and also mind-blowing when the concept of individualism is present in every part of our history and extremely mind-fuck when Jung used old concepts from the occult to explain his theories ( his bigger insights came from the study of occultism. - he said ).

You can call it the process of individualization or the process of alchemy but whatever ... being an individual isn't an easy task . Nietzsche went so ahead to said that we can only reach the next step of evolution when we escape from the populace morality ( the collective thinking ) and try to reach enlightenment in ourself .... fighting the dragon, conquer our shadows , the heroe path , ect .sounds familar , right ?.

As you said ... Finding a meaning "outside" of yourself is the "human morality" .... we are so stupid that we are living the same cycle over and over again , we are/were a little better cause capitalism brought some stupid growing ( from 95% extreme poverty to less than 10% or something in the world ) but people try to blame capitalism for all our problems without knowing anything really ... but can you blame them ? Who control the education programs? , who control the "money" ; There is real money [ Gold and silver ] and shitty fiat currency getting devalued like a object entering in the atmotphera.

What people need to understand is that the private sector ( individuals ) are the ones who create everyting in this world ... goverments steal ( using taxes ) and fuck you using inflationary taxes . right or left are just blablablablablabla ( politicians are just useless bugs) .

Of course i bought silver and gold ( bullions , jewelry ..anything really ) and you can search for my old posts saying to people why they should buy it ( again and again again even going to the limits of "off-topic" ). right now is sky high as an individual i cannot say is a safe heaven but at least for me if i can get it cheap i would buy it.

I think we need to get in perspective what the federals did . to solve this "virus" economical crisis which is false (individuals from all sectors were saying this a long time ago ) , they created trillions of dollar which they do not have , it's so funny xDDD that they don't have enough "paper" to create "money" ...but what they did ? just add zeros in a computer HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HIHIHIHIHI HOHOHO JUJUJU Xdd .

How do the states, goverments , politicians , social fighters , central banks , ect.. pay it ?

- John might ask.

Well... my friend , stealing you little by little talking collective non sense. -

- I answer

Come on people... are you blaming capitalism ? . be prepared to be a slave then 'cause we are going to...

·
Registered
605 Posts

I'm a individual , I'm an easy target 'cause i'm almost alone in my thinking but bro... i know jobim , bonfa , moraes , toquinho , caetano veloso , ect ( actually i play them almost everyday ).

For me at least the brazilian music is on par against chopin , debussy , ravel , scriabin , ect. but i wouldn't say that your economic-system and politiians are at the same level as your art .

Instead of blaming external factors you should blame your own collective culture ( probabily an outsider knows better) .

Pd. and please do not compare me to lenin , stalin or trotsky ....i read them when i had 16 years old ... all of those communist forms of thinking should be dead by now.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts

Capitalism has its flaws, but I agree with you about debt and the "perpetual growth" idol. Sitting around worship at the feet of the almighty FICO. A good book I read, "The Unincorporated Man." You've probably read it, but in case you haven't, it's about a future where every living person is "Incorporated". and from a young age people buy percentages of your stock. This is how you fund things like college or other training. all persons in this society are slaves to the largest shareholders the way businesses are and you get to see the effect. You also get to see the effect of an "unincorporated man" because a rich person from our era is Frozen and awakes in this future in secret with treasures that insure he has no need to incorporate.
The whole time I was reading this I kept thinking that this is science fiction... but this doesn't sound unlike the present. we sell our lives to banks in the form of student loans which will only disappear if you pay them off (buy back your shares). Until then, your life is dictated by that debt. Throw in credit card debt, car debt, etc. and we the borrowers are, as Solomon said, slaves to the lender(s).

suddenly a salary that would be sufficient to live comfortably becomes too little because we can't afford to live and service our debts at the same time.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Breaking to pieces over things you can't fix isn't going to make them any more fixable. It just takes away energy/mental resources you could be using to fix things you can indeed fix, and helping people you can in fact help.
Also Extroverts don't "thrive" in these conditions. That's just a blanket stereotype.

Reactions: Hurricane Matthew
1 - 20 of 37 Posts