Personality Cafe banner

How do you act towards people who are indifferent?

• Total voters
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,521 Posts
I start warm and go cold accordingly. That's rare though. More often then not I can somewhat sense or observe that stress is influencing the situation and maintain an amicable front.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
One thing that destroys the process of me trying to be warmer with others is when I cross paths with those people who pretend not to care and put up a face. Or maybe even people who genuinely just don’t care. The last thing I want is to give these people the satisfaction of seeing my vulnerable expressions or honest thoughts. I know that they get off on it. So in return I act indifferent right back towards them. I can’t tell if I’m on the right path with how I deal with them or if I should stick to my guns and just be warmer.
You don't give a shit and move on. Stop caring for all the useless things.

Next question.

·
Registered
INFJ
5,549 Posts
I make a conscious effort to ignore the fact that they're indifferent and just try to show warmth to everyone.
Treating people warmly makes me feel good, so I do it for the sheer satisfaction of it.

Also, I know it's hard to do, but it's typically better, when unsure, to treat others like they like you than like they don't. Even if a person is really indifferent or cold towards you, most people can't show coldness to someone who acts on the assumption that they like them, because it makes them look bad. It's just one of those subconsious social cues, most people follow instinctively.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts