Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go out to the bars with my friends I always wander off and I get real chatty. I also try and buy everyone's drinks. I've had $500 tabs and not thought twice about it. Lately I've tried to make a conscious effort to not throw money away.

At, house parties I do a lot of crazy shit like climb trees to get firewood for bonfires. I've pulled out my guns and had target practice while I've been hammered (not the smartest thing I know).

I could go on for days but I was wondering if we all act the same when we are drunk or if it's just a being drunk kinda thing.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
For some reason people think getting drunk gives them a license to act like ass clowns...I personally avoid getting drunk because I like having my wits. The 2 times in my life I've been drunk...the first time I was quiet and beat the shit out of a rapist broke both my hands on his face.....the second time "I love you" everyone I talked to....

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
e^<amount of alcohol had> = my degree of kindness/niceness.

It's rather scary noticing how genuinely nice I become when compared to my normal state. Though, I take that over becoming an obnoxious, loud (although I may be loud), aggressive alpha male any time of the year.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was a silly drunk when I was younger, then I started turning into an angry drunk so I stopped drinking altogether. I also don't really like the numb feeling. I much prefer the ganja.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Happy. It allows me to express my gratitude without sounding incredibly false so yeah me drunk is pretty good.
I'm normally the one who looks after the ones who've drank too much.
I used to hate drinking because I had seen a lot of bad drinkers and I didn't want to turn into them. However, I think just feeling that way stops me. I've never lost control because I don't let myself get into that state. So yeah me + alcohol = good times

·
Registered
851 Posts
Never been drunk, never wanted to be.

In my book, getting drunk is a waste of time and money. I prefer being coherent.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I tend to say stupid things and hug EVERYONE. I don't drink often anymore. And if I do, 6 is my limit. That seems like it's the limit before I go stupid.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't like drinking but of course I've had to try getting drunk at least a few times just to know how I get like.

I actually get sleepy most of the time and start to get into my head even more and stop socializing altogether. I'm better off not drinking because of that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For myself I much less stay the same, quiet and watching everyone. I do find it sometimes harder to pay attention to people that are talking. I much prefer not to get drunk but to have a few with friends, a light buz is fine. But I rarely drink, and only do it with friends.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I get a little more chatty than usual. I would say that I talk to strangers in the same manner as I talk to my close friends. Just less inhibited that's about it. I haven't drank in about 4 years-not very becoming of a mom of two. I can't do anything in moderation and that definitely includes drinking.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I don't like the taste of alcohol, so when I drink, I drink with the purpose of getting drunk (although I hate that state too, so I really rarely drink). When I'm drunk, I'm louder and a more vulgar than usual.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I feel an extreme version of whatever I'm feeling.

If I'm actually feeling anxious/nervous, I'll retire into my shell completely and can't pull a smile to save my life: my face feels like a deadweight and frozen in stone, it's terrible.

If I'm feeling happy/carefree, I can get pretty outgoing and silly.

If I'm feeling friendly/curious, I might start interrogating people... I asked a stripper about whether she likes her lifestyle and why she does what she does once (...).

These are tipsy states of mind though. I don't think I've ever been so completely drunk that I had no control over myself, I've never felt safe enough to lose all control, but I do want to try it at least once with one or two people I trust completely to see what I get like. It might be insightful.

I passed out once, but I didn't even have any time to act drunk, it was pretty immediate, which in retrospect is a good thing because it was in a club, so I'm glad I didn't do anything I could have regretted.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I can't say I've ever been drunk. When I'm buzzed I tend to be less focused and a tiny bit more social but little else. As for getting drunk I have no desire to.

·
Registered
743 Posts
According to others, I don't really change how I act; then again I drink a fair bit so it doesn't affect me as much as it would affect most people.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts