Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone I really trusted, basically completly violated that trust and now I don't know what to do. :sad:

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Someone I really trusted, basically completly violated that trust and now I don't know what to do. :sad:
I am sorry.
I have no advice, unfortunately.
Only hugs.
:hugs:

Reactions: Chesire Tower

·
Registered
24,382 Posts
If it's not for a 'good' reason, nor the first time, I'd just cut them out completely.

For now, if you have it in your heart I'd suggest, revenge forgiveness; for yourself, because we all eff up; and we need to in order to grow.

The future fix is simple: don't place trust in any one thing.

(Including these statements.)

Reactions: Chesire Tower

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Glenda Gnome Starr

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's not for a 'good' reason, nor the first time, I'd just cut them out completely.

For now, if you have it in your heart I'd suggest, revenge forgiveness; for yourself, because we all eff up; and we need to in order to grow.

Unfortunately, I have no choice but to grit my teeth and make nice at the present time. The longer they allow this situation to continue; without doing a damn thing to even try to make amends - not sure that they even can at this point - since what they did to me, was so beyond despicable; the more I see the writing on the wall. :sad:

·
Registered
937 Posts
You chose to trust the said person and thus you cannot blame the said person for betraying you as you allowed him/her the opportunity, there are no guarantees in life and trusting someone is always a risk, it is up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your personal tolerance to bullshit is a large factor. You don't have to forgive them, but you also don't have to take their shit. Just ask yourself if you've ever been tempted or had foolish moments and made mistakes, to at least know if you're holding yourself to a higher standard.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
It's okay, I won't be in your life to cause any more betrayal ever again. If we end up playing mafia, I'll be civil to you because I'm not petty like that. But aside from that, I'm done being friends with you.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's okay, I won't be in your life to cause any more betrayal ever again. If we end up playing mafia, I'll be civil to you because I'm not petty like that. But aside from that, I'm done being friends with you.
???? :confused2:

This thread has nothing to do with you at all. It involves a rl friend I've known for years. Why would you even think such a thing? PerC isn't my life you know . . . eventhough it does seem like that sometimes. :blushed:

Thanks for kicking me when down 'though. :dry:

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You chose to trust the said person and thus you cannot blame the said person for betraying you as you allowed him/her the opportunity, there are no guarantees in life and trusting someone is always a risk, it is up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.
While that is undoubtedly true; I neverthe less thoroughly disagree with you.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your personal tolerance to bullshit is a large factor. You don't have to forgive them, but you also don't have to take their shit. Just ask yourself if you've ever been tempted or had foolish moments and made mistakes, to at least know if you're holding yourself to a higher standard.
Excellent post. Thanks.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yeah, I shouldn't be mad at myself that people disappointed me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The only way to get over it is by understanding and accepting the rationale from their perspective, regardless of how wrong/immoral/disrespectful their actions were. Humans have a predisposition for doing really shitty and selfish things. Once you understand that most of the time they intend to be good but slip up, perhaps you can finally take it a little less personally.

Granted I am not saying that whatever this person did was okay.

I know I already posted but I wanted to share my own personal mechanism and I feel like this is slightly better worded. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts