Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dear fellow ENFP, how do you cope with sadness?

I feel energyless to do sport that I am usually addicted to
I feel not excited to dance that would usually make me sort of happy
I no longer willing to dream because I know that reality sucks, and it will get me into being even more upset
I no longer feeling eating my favourite food that could have immediately uplift my mood because I don't have appetite
I am no longer excited by those fantastic opportunities that are opened to me
I can not get drunk because alcohol make me feel dizzy and sick
Sometimes, I just wait a night to come, so I could fall asleep.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Kind of similar ot what you said, i can sort of feel that the things i normally do and enjoy are frivolous and pointless, and well to cope i guess I just try to tell myself to shut up once my mind starts broadcasting it's usual bullshit(oh i'm so a bad person, oh noone likes me)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Music and sleeping helps to cope up. Especially music.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
-I don't eat. At all. Because I'm too busy obsessing to notice hunger.
-I don't sleep. Again, I obsess.
-I deeply desire to control people, but I know that I can't and usually lose my affinity for manipulation.
-I come off as despirate.
-People are surprised at how much emotion one person can conceal. I hide it from everyone for a long time and eventually spill everything on to one person. I think of it as being Introverted Thinking. I obsess over finding a solution.
-If it's bad enough, I resent any hope I have. I blame hope for any of the impulsive things I did when I was sad.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Oh and also...
-I refuse to anything that once made me happy. I feel like my bad mood might spoil the joy I get from doing what I love.
-I don't want to listen to happy music.
-If I'm extremely sad, I won't listen to any music at all, not even sad musicb because music is just too beautiful.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Since I'm normally able to distract myself long enough to forget about the sad things, it has to be pretty bad for me to be sad, but I end up needing a lot of time to myself to sort through the feelings. During that time, I'll feel numb and cold inside and like a completely different person. My outlook on the future just gets darker and darker with every passing day and I'll just wait for night to bring me sleep. The music I listen to or play reflects what I'm feelings and, really, I find everything all very depressing.

Then, one day, I'll realize how stupid I'm being and how I don't want to spend my whole life wallowing in darkness. I'll open my eyes and see all the good around me and warmth starts flooding back into me. It's like being reborn. It's absolutely wonderful.

Are you sad? I know I'm not in the position to say this, especially since I don't know you or what's going on in your life, but I hope you feel better soon if you are. I really do. It's normal, as a human being, to feel sad. There's people around you that love and care for you though. I can't imagine there not being at least one person who doesn't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I'm normally able to distract myself long enough to forget about the sad things, it has to be pretty bad for me to be sad, but I end up needing a lot of time to myself to sort through the feelings. During that time, I'll feel numb and cold inside and like a completely different person. My outlook on the future just gets darker and darker with every passing day and I'll just wait for night to bring me sleep. The music I listen to or play reflects what I'm feelings and, really, I find everything all very depressing.

Then, one day, I'll realize how stupid I'm being and how I don't want to spend my whole life wallowing in darkness. I'll open my eyes and see all the good around me and warmth starts flooding back into me. It's like being reborn. It's absolutely wonderful.

Are you sad? I know I'm not in the position to say this, especially since I don't know you or what's going on in your life, but I hope you feel better soon if you are. I really do. It's normal, as a human being, to feel sad. There's people around you that love and care for you though. I can't imagine there not being at least one person who doesn't.
Thank you, you made me smile :). I realise that life is too short to spend it wrong.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thank you, you made me smile :). I realise that life is too short to spend it wrong.
I'm glad I managed to make you feel a little better. I went through that same phase last year and it took me a long while to snap out of it. Once I did, I felt like I wasted so much of my life brooding over something that wouldn't even matter at the end of the day. I don't want to let anyone go through it longer than they have to if I can help it. It makes me smile that I made you smile. I think your smile just made my day.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
As a more mature being than I once was, I now mentally motivate/beat myself up a little to get moving. I'm still building on how good I am at switching that off and on to curb anxiety, but I am getting better at it, I'm more productive, and at least I'm not sad. For starters, I would say find people that make you want to feel. I'm okay with a few down moments because feeling them is worth being able to have a good time with my wonderful friends

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I ignore it until it goes away.

If it's too much for that to work, I wallow with music. Eventually, though, it does help to talk to someone. That's usually my issue - I tend to push things down until little problems build up and I need to explode.

I'm usually pretty happy, though. I went through a long depressed period, and since I broke out all the little things don't seem as terrible. Like @autumnglori said, life's too short to spend it wrong, and I realize I wasted a lot of it in that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I pretty much feel the same way... I feel like there is no excitement in life anymore..and all my dreams are illusions and reality is just never going to match up..I even become bitter and angry with people around me...I hurt them sometimes too, I am unable to tell them exactly why I am in so much pain...and they just get upset or mad at me and that gives me some strange satisfaction mingled with immense sadness...when I do snap out of it though I feel very guilty and apologize....

But I have been helped a lot by my INTJ/INTP boyfriend...he keeps asking me to focus only on the positive, forget the things I can't change...get down to be more practical than idealistic..and reduce my expectations (which lead to unhappiness most times)...he meditates and asks me to do the same... haha...and besides every cloud does have a silver lining right..it can't be bad at all times, it just can't..it has to get better..:) Hope you feel better soon..:) Hugs..

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
lose my appetite, withdraw (a sure sign!), listen to sad/meaningful music- and try to distract myself. Sometimes I like just being alone and wallowing in the sadness for awhile to try to push thru it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It fluctuates. :I Sometimes I'll just tell anyone who listens all of these feelings, but then usually when it's really bad, I tend to bottle it up inside because it always makes everyone sadder; and the one thing I want the opposite of is to make people sad! If I'm not making people happy, I'm sad myself, so if my sadness is making other people sad I just get sadder... I think it's worse when you're an ENFP because you're so influential to other people. I mean people can catch sadness from anyone, but I think it's worse when it's us. I'm pretty good at pretending I'm happy, so I tend to just smile and then lock my door and cry. D: It's not a very good system, but if it makes everyone else happy then it makes me happy. C:
But usually when I'm sad, I listen to sad music and it just makes me sadder... but listening to happy music makes me annoyed? It's so weird. I don't feel like other people should be worried about me so I don't tell them, but then I never get help? It's so stupid, haha. :D
I try to talk with my friends when I'm sad, because they usually make me happy. :D Or I draw or paint or something. Playing guitar helps too! c:
But I feel empty and sort of pointless, and I start to spiral down really really fast. Faster than most people, I think. My mood changes too quickly, haha. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts