Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever winter comes around I get depressed and it's harder to stay happy. I get a lot of existential thoughts as well which is ALWAYS fun

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sleep and focusing more on doing work.
Although, this year, I tried St John's Wort tablets. They seemed to make a slight difference, but not a significant one.

Reactions: Aluminum Frost

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I have a hard tiem with myself. It's SO frustrating. During the day i'm SO tired. All I want to do is sleep. At night I feel a little better and suddenly have the motivation to do Every Thing. I can't sleep because I think of all the things i can do tomorrow but then tomorrow comes and I'm too tired again. Sick of wasting my days.

I have one of those blue lights. it helps a little but the batteries suck and only last about 20 mins.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
965 Posts
5000 IUs of D3 daily, year round baby. No SAD for me here in MT.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Giving myself more time to sleep, and holding a rigid bed time schedule so I can be sure I get what I need every, single, day. Giving myself an hour to sleep-in on the weekend as my reward. No more, no less.

Watching my calorie intake, keeping it consistent.

Cutting sugars and simple carbs where I can. I still eat what I want, but I do watch what that is and adjust daily.

take low dose NSAID's daily. It has helped my depression quite a bit since I started taking them for a major back injury. Chronic inflammation can cause depression.

brisk exercise when I started getting symptomatic. Brief, but something heart-rate increasing. Best done daily. For me it's a 2/3 mile fast walk around the block by my work on my morning break.

find a project to work on, and start chipping away at it. I have lots of hobbies I can use for this.

Lights, Vitamins, and supplements didn't do a thing for me.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I use a lightbox when I have time, take Vitamin D3 4000 IU daily, exercise, take an antidepressant and try to cut myself some slack in terms of getting lots done until around April. I live in Chicago which is overcast a lot in January and February, so it’s challenging.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

​<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!
Pretty simple:
I just follow the sun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts