Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the sort of person who, in the social realm, is most comfortable when I have a set of a few friends whom I can completely love (with no restriction) for the rest of my life, whom I've invested a lot time with. Luckily, I have them.

I have this guy best friend, I feel that he often assumes the role of a very silent but strong protector in my life. At times, I still get that warm feeling, as if he'll always protect me from the big, bad world whenever he feels it absolutely necessary and he won't care if he even has to lose some social value for that. I have to admit, it is a very warm, fuzzy feeling that helped me in my battle against depression during these years. Even when we're going to be far away from each other for a year now, I feel that he will still keep an eye out for me, like want to know how I've been doing here, just to make sure I'm safe.

At the same time, I'm growing. I don't really need anyone to protect me too much anymore. I need love, but I can protect and save myself. I just wonder how he and others in my life will deal with that. I know (I am certain though) that in spite of the change, I will always love him and he will always love me.

How do you deal with changes in friendship dynamics with people you care about? Do you get uncertain/uncomfortable at first? What will be your initial thoughts?

How would you be if you were in my shoes or his shoes?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I think I pretty much take such changes in stride. I have learned the hard way that change is part of life. Of course I am heleped immensely by the fact that my most important friendships are all pretty stable and don't change much in their nature.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know (I am certain though) that in spite of the change, I will always love him and he will always love me.
I think that's what really matters, make sure he feels the same.

What's his personality type btw?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know his personality type.

I meant 'friendship' love. I am sure that we will always love each other as friends, I am just wondering how he'll adjust if I change and suddenly his role in my life takes another shift.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't know his personality type.
Sure you can guess, you seem to know him really well, he doesn't have to take a test or anything. Just apply the criteria against his personality.

I meant 'friendship' love. I am sure that we will always love each other as friends
No worries, I didn't try to imply something else.

I sometimes wonder if this person or that still likes me or have they completely forgotten about me an just moved on with their life. Am I just someone from the past to them?

You obviously still care about him, but he might be in a confusion. He wonders, does he have any importance to you? or is he just some luggage from the past that you're trying to get rid of and move on?

Like a good INFP I just drop them, move on and find new friends...:tongue:
lol, since when do INFPs do that?

I admit I do forget a lot of people from my past, but that's because they weren't really important to me to begin with. But the important ones, I never forget. But I'm not always sure if they feel the same.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the sound of your friendship with him, it's sweet and I can relate. My three best friends have always felt like armour for me, I don't know what I'd do without them they basically got me through high school, especially my oldest friend out of them. But sometimes it feels like they're tired of always trying to lookout for me or whatever... I don't know. I think the best thing is to allow yourself to evolve, it's not great always depending on people and I think we INFPs do that quite a lot.Haha. But yeah, when a shift comes in your relationship with anyone - if they mean a lot to you and vice versa, you will alwyas adapt to it. At least that's what I think. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts