Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scenerio: when you make it your goal to be in a relationship and to get a certain person to like you becuase you are convinced you will never loose and that does not end up happening what type of feelings do you experience?

Do you try harder until you convince them about how great you are and how you should be together?
Do your feelings consume you and retreat into a depression?
Do you find ways to distract yourself?
What happens when you truly do end up having feelings for someone?
Do you value them more than yourself?

I am curious....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can never value any person more than myself. Just the thought of it...oh it brings me shivers! Then again, perhaps I haven't encountered the appropriate fellow. I'm inclined to say it's my way or the highway but I suppose I can attempt to change the person's mind through underhanded means. Cruel yes, but getting what I want is most important to me. I have never experienced any genuine feelings for any one person and in that regards I cannot answer that question. It is usually my own doings that cause me to spiral into a depression and rarely an external force. As for distractions, hey, if you can't fix it then get rid of it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Im the type who has become a full blown narc just to avoid having to go deeply into my real self in order to give off a more smooth image... at unhealthy levels 3s will do that. I was in a relationship where me and the guy were kind of picking each other up in a way and it involved keeping a certain amount of silence for it to run smoothly until the end where I would have no choice but to confront my real self and I manipulated the situation to do exactly this. Kind of hard to explain but Ive generally avoided mine to avoid the truth because it was the opposite of the image I wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.