Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don´t know if this question has already been asked, but do you have any tricks that you do when you´re stressed to relax?

Do you do sports? Something else?

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Of all the things I've tried out, swimming has been the most effective way for me to alleviate or rid myself of stress.
Why?
- when I'm under water, I feel isolated no sound besides the water itself (which is actually pretty relaxing).
- I have time to think things through - plan whatever steps I have to do next in order solve my problems.
- I use my body -> I'm being productive. "I am working".
- I take a shower - I'm washing all the bad things out. What's left? A clean start.
- Being partly naked is being vulnerable. Stress is a product of fear. Being vulnerable and facing fear and surviving makes you realize that your fear was irrational.
- Your mind will be clear, You'll feel ready and motivated to do whatever is needed to be done.

In short:
When I step in to the leisure centre: I'm stressed with a lot of butterflies in my stomach.
When I stop out of the leisure centre: I'm a new man, motivated and ready to challenge the world. (Remember to bring appropriate motivational music with you for after the swimming. You will be surprised of how well this works.)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah, I love swimming....should give it a try :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I listen to music and do breathing exercises. Stretching, running, or just sitting down with a cup of tea and just letting my mind wander. Just for a few minutes a day, refuse to think about what is stressing you, and just think about good things.
I also like to listen to rain, but we get rain rarely where I live so i look it up on youtube and it calms me down.

Reactions: LittleOrange

·
Registered
385 Posts
I escape physically, even if only temporarily. I listen to loud music, I go for long walks wandering in the woods or to somewhere distant, I go out with a friend, or I do something totally different or new from what I usually do.

·
Banned
6,606 Posts
I get alone. I idolize my autonomy. I hike. I keep secrets. I do what I want and I give way to my impulses. I find opportunities to act maturely and independently, and discover new things. I keep my cool. I stay uninvolved. I observe. I seek balance. I become more objective and controlled, by giving up my need for control, saying far less than ever and thinking deeper than ever, yet revealing oh so little, and allow my mind to wander places I wouldn't have dared. I create. I critique dispassionately and without anger. I free things up because it makes me smile.

Keyword is privacy, and with physical or sensory activity.

If I can't follow my impulses and intuitions when I'm stressed I beome insanely miserable and feel like I have restless leg syndrome, haha.

My mood, my intelligence and my sense all become sharpened when I do what I want when I want why I want unquestioned, unsolicited, unhelped and unhindered. It's like, this beast knows so innately what it wants, what it needs to heal itself, that it feels tortured doing anything else, even if well-intentioned.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cry or eat unhealthy saturated fats.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Im not made for a stressful environment, meaning jobs or places that are not relaxed so I dont get myself into those kinds of situations where I get stressed. Oftentimes its enough to breathe out or relax the tension. I walk a lot, I like walking. If you can get yourself a little bit of sun on your face each morning, fresh air and some walking exercise that is quite helpful. Its nice to be eyelids open and receptive, feel the support of earth underneath your feet and the calm strength you can handle anything coming your way and if you can get it in the morning, when everyone else is so drugged sleepy then that is even better for your satisfaction. A great start to a brand new day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts