Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake )
Are your dreams more verbal or visual ? Do you lucid dream?
Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both ?
Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

Have you ever been trapped in a dream ( like you try to wake up but cant)

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )

Curious....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake ) -
its usually in normal everyday color but sometimes it can be in black and white or pastel to drive a theme or setting better.

More visual but are also very verbal. They are basically movies going off in my head.

Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both?
I dont narrate unless its reading something someone sent. I do critique tho. There's 2 of me. I get a view through the eyes of the main character (which is rarely me) and a birdseye view as a director (the lucid dreamer). If i dont like something the director will change it or wake me up. I see and understand both views simultaneously.

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with ?
Forecast the future? No. Insight? Yes. My dreams can be very themed and if its the same theme over and over again it usually means something is bothering me in real life that im avoiding.

No. The closest ive ever got to that was once i had a dream within a dream. I didnt try to wake myself up but the first character had died. Usually that wakes me up but this time i woke up in a dream as me as the main character. That threw me off for a little while but once i figured it out i woke myself up. Never happened again after that.

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )
Mostly sight, hearing, and feeling but sometimes eatting /smelling something is important so i am able to do that. Its just very rare.I know im dreaming because i very rarely dream about planet Earth. They are very scifi/fantasy almost every time so most days its painfully obvious.

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake ) -
its usually in normal everyday color but sometimes it can be in black and white or pastel to drive a theme or setting better.

More visual but are also very verbal. They are basically movies going off in my head.

Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both?
I dont narrate unless its reading something someone sent. I do critique tho. There's 2 of me. I get a view through the eyes of the main character (which is rarely me) and a birdseye view as a director (the lucid dreamer). If i dont like something the director will change it or wake me up. I see and understand both views simultaneously.

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with ?
Forecast the future? No. Insight? Yes. My dreams can be very themed and if its the same theme over and over again it usually means something is bothering me in real life that im avoiding.

No. The closest ive ever got to that was once i had a dream within a dream. I didnt try to wake myself up but the first character had died. Usually that wakes me up but this time i woke up in a dream as me as the main character. That threw me off for a little while but once i figured it out i woke myself up. Never happened again after that.

Mostly sight, hearing, and feeling but sometimes eatting /smelling something is important so i am able to do that. Its just very rare.I know im dreaming because i very rarely dream about planet Earth. They are very scifi/fantasy almost every time so most days its painfully obvious.
That's interesting - I can relate to most of what you said except my dreams are never in black and white- I do have dreams where I make up and play with colors though ( like neon pastels colors).
Interesting how your dreams gives you insights - mine are so bizarre I'm not even part of it most of the time . Yeah I agree -i don't think that dreams can forecast the future , my mother on the other hand believe she can communicate with the dead and see the future through symbols in her dreams

Reactions: Mephi

·
Registered
2 Posts

They tend to look just like real life, many of them take place in places I know, too. Yet what happens can be very unrealistic.

Visual but people talk, they say one or two sentences.
I only lucid dreamed twice and I was very interested in dreams when I saw them. They didn't last long since I woke up immediately after I noticed I was dreaming.

Both happens.

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

The first one, no. The second one, yes. Dreams tell a lot about subconscious after all.

It happened once when I was six. I kept waking up in different dreams.

I only remember using sight and hearing in my dreams. I don't know if I ever used any other senses, I don't really remember.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Q: Is it in color (if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake)?
A: All of my dreams are in color; they're no different than when I'm awake. Most of the time, I can't even tell I'm in a dream unless I see specific people, places and/or things.

Q: Are your dreams more verbal or visual?
A: Visual.

Q: Do you lucid dream?
A: Yes. My dreams were (and still are) the only place where my unrequited love "loves" me back.

Q: Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both?
A: Neither. In a lot of my dreams, I'm re-enacting traumatic events I've experienced throughout my lifetime. However, the results tend to vary widely.

Q: Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with?
A: No. And to think otherwise would be a gross error.

Q: Have you ever been trapped in a dream (like you try to wake up but can't)
A: No. But I have woken up and felt almost as if my heart was being ripped clear out of my chest. I've experienced this 3 times in the last 20 years.

Q: What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use? (for example, I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't taste something or feel water)
A: I'm generally usually able to use all my senses. For example: I'm VERY sensitive to the smell of my unrequited love; I know it sounds creepy, but her scent alone fills me with an indescribable euphoria. I can't put it into words anyone can see and/or understand. For some odd reason... being in a dream (given the perfect circumstances) would allow me to do so without a second's hesitation.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
> I'm not aware of this lol. Sometimes it just feels natural

> more visual. Yeah i did lucid dreams specially before.

> i don't narrate actually more like a movie

> i believe it's more of personal conflicts I'm dealing with

> yes.. It's actually called sleep paralysis. XD always encountered that before when i was still a non-Christian lol xD i swear

> more on sense of touch and eyesight probably.. And hearing

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I guess my dreams are in colour. At least that is what I recall from my childhood dreams. Not unusually pastelled, realistic.
They were probably lucid, although I am unable to recall any of my recent dreams as I have been undergoing sleep deprivation for years now. The answer to both questions is thus I am not sure.

I think dreams are somewhat related to your instincts. My grandmother, for instance, had strong faith she would die the day she did. Nobody believed her. She had dreamed about her dead sister calling her the night before she passed and she phoned all her relatives to say her farewells that day. She died of heart stroke.

Don't think I've ever encountered sleep-paralysis but I had a funny episode of somnambulism in my childhood. I was dreaming of a 'scary' event from the previous day.

---

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Yes.
Are your dreams more verbal or visual ?
Visual
Do you lucid dream?
Only once, though I would not call it lucid dreaming, but close.
Like a messed up movie.
Blah.

NAW!

I use no senses when I dream

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake
Vivid, real-life color.

Are your dreams more verbal or visual ?
More visual by about 60% and verbal 40%

Do you lucid dream?
I reach lucidity every night, but I rarely take control of a dream. I enjoy allowing it to play out.

It's a cross between being movie-like and also as if I'm actually doing something the way I would in real life.

I have experienced both subjective and objective forecasting/hyper awareness (esp regarding people who have passed away). [Edit: I mean, both me and my family members have all had predictive dreams about deaths. Also, it's hard for me to commit to believing so much as just stating that I have experienced it.]

I follow Jungian/Depth Psychology attitudes toward dreams. In other words, yes, dreams can help resolve cognitive dissonance.

Also, dreams are valid tools to solve problems which seem to be difficult to resolve in waking life.

I haven't ever experienced sleep paralysis. I have, however, "woken up" in a dream which continues on the themes of the previous ones.

I use all of my senses in dreams and in waking life.

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vivid, real-life color.

More visual by about 60% and verbal 40%

I reach lucidity every night, but I rarely take control of a dream. I enjoy allowing it to play out.

I have experienced both subjective and objective forecasting/hyper awareness (esp regarding people who have passed away). [Edit: I mean, both me and my family members have all had predictive dreams about deaths. Also, it's hard for me to commit to believing so much as just stating that I have experienced

I haven't ever experienced sleep paralysis. I have, however, "woken up" in a dream which continues on the themes of the previous ones.

I use all of my senses in dreams and in waking life.
Yeah I reach lucid dream most night and let it play out as well but it's because it never turns out the way I want it when I try to control things ( or when I'm able to I'll wake up right after)

Interesting - can you tell me more about these dreams?

I didn't mean sleep paralysis- I have these dreams where I'll wake up on my bed- sit up to get out , only to realize that I'm not awake yet - and I'll try waking up again only to sit up on my bed - I would have to check my dictionary ( because I can't see text clearly in dreams) wake up again - odd I must be the only one who experience with it then

Thanks for answering:)

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Interesting - can you tell me more about these dreams?
I dream of people the night before the day they die. I have also had dreams which involve accidents that are associated with my friends or family members. In one, I dreamed my brother got into a car accident and he had. The others are a bit more spooky/personal and I'd rather not share here, but one predicted cause of death and regarded my best friend who was 14 at the time.

My dad didn't remember his dreams his entire life except for two: one he had which let him know his mother died (the symbols in them were specific to her and he knew what it meant before he was told), one of them he had which let him know his brother died, but when he had the dream, he didn't believe it until he got the call that afternoon.

I had similar dreams around the time my dad died.

My mother dreamt of the church where her grandmother's funeral service took place. Afterward, she drew a picture from memory and sent it to family members and it looked exactly like the church. This one is less believable only because my mom is not a reliable source.

My sister knew our brother was dead when she woke up the morning he died because she had a dream that he wasn't ok. She had an uncontrollable urge to drive to the spot where he was last seen without knowing that's where the spot was.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Interesting-

how do you think or play with your imagination ?
Verbally/musically - I like coming up with storylines, plots, new languages/alphabets, songs and melodies and any combinations thereof. I am highly imaginative in every way except visually - I do not suffer from aphantasia per se, but I do find it difficult to create very clear images in my mind. They tend to be vague and short-lived.

I think the scientific consensus is that we all dream. Some of us simply never remember our dreams. For me, sleep has always been a blank blink of an eye between closing my eyes and opening them again.

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Verbally/musically - I like coming up with storylines, plots, new languages/alphabets, songs and melodies and any combinations thereof. I am highly imaginative in every way except visually - I do not suffer from aphantasia per se, but I do find it difficult to create very clear images in my mind. They tend to be vague and short-lived.

I think the scientific consensus is that we all dream. Some of us simply never remember our dreams. For me, sleep has always been a blank blink of an eye between closing my eyes and opening them again.
That's pretty interesting, so you can create music - how vivid is it- when reading a book what is it like?

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's interesting - I can relate to most of what you said except my dreams are never in black and white- I do have dreams where I make up and play with colors though ( like neon pastels colors).
Interesting how your dreams gives you insights - mine are so bizarre I'm not even part of it most of the time . Yeah I agree -i don't think that dreams can forecast the future , my mother on the other hand believe she can communicate with the dead and see the future through symbols in her dreams
Thats very cool. I dont usually get too much insight but every once in a while ill repeat the same dream over and over again, and end up dreaming more often. For example, not that long ago i was hanging out with a group that was very bossy and became very pretentious over time. I didnt want to see it though so i ignored it. Then suddenly i was having all these dreams about conformity and wanting to escaping it. After a week of this nonstop i finally figured out i was just done being friends with that group so i moved on. The dreams stopped. Now its random and spread out again.

The telling the future thing is always very interesting. Once...i had a dream about this guy and later that very day met him in real life for the first time. He was my new dentist lol. It spooked me but i think the better explanation was that the characters might of looked similar so i replaced the dream characters face with his once i saw it. Memory is a fickle thing. But i did have a friend that swears up and down that she sees future events sometimes. Im unconvinced because there are too many variables but its always fascinated me.

·
Registered
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats very cool. I dont usually get too much insight but every once in a while ill repeat the same dream over and over again, and end up dreaming more often. For example, not that long ago i was hanging out with a group that was very bossy and became very pretentious over time. I didnt want to see it though so i ignored it. Then suddenly i was having all these dreams about conformity and wanting to escaping it. After a week of this nonstop i finally figured out i was just done being friends with that group so i moved on. The dreams stopped. Now its random and spread out again.

The telling the future thing is always very interesting. Once...i had a dream about this guy and later that very day met him in real life for the first time. He was my new dentist lol. It spooked me but i think the better explanation was that the characters might of looked similar so i replaced the dream characters face with his once i saw it. Memory is a fickle thing. But i did have a friend that swears up and down that she sees future events sometimes. Im unconvinced because there are too many variables but its always fascinated me.
It's interesting that you mentioned character looking similar to what you remembered in your dream- also I find memories to be quite subjective especially in dreams

My mom had dreams where she will meet the actual person feel a cold vibe - wake up talk about it - and find out later on that that person had passed away - she told me it happened to her 3 times already , I've only witnessed it once . Probably a coincidence but still kinda eery

Reactions: ilovegoodcheese

·
Registered
396 Posts
It is, but it's almost always night time.
No lucid dreams, it's usually first person, visual, but I think a lot in my dreams/talk to myself, but not out loud.

I wouldn't call it an insight, it's more like a reminder to address the issues. And I don't think babysitting a zombie or watching a black dog vomit his bloody intestines is actually insightful.
I don't like the idea about forecasting the future. That would be weird. I said my grand-aunt's name in my sleep, and she passed away that night. We were not close, I literally forgot about her existence before the dream. And once I dreamed of my classmate's funeral. I barely knew him then. His dad died that night. There's no future in my deams.

Nope.

I don't remember tasting anything.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts