Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I personally love fashion but I find it ridiculous to pay too much for it. I usually buy things that are rather plain and dress them up with accessories, an edgy leather jacket, etc. ear cuffs are a personal favourite. I think that I shouldn't have to tell people that I'm an artist if I dress up as one. When it comes to make up I like to sport bold eye liner and neutral eyeshadow colours. I focus on perfecting the skin and stick to pinkish-nude lipsticks as well. I dont think how you dress defines you but I do think it gives people a sample of your personality. It really bothers me when people dress one way and want to be treated another. You are responsible for how you are perceived.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
My own personal style: disliking Jeans or shorts on men, wearing more shirts, plain trousers, sports 'pants' on informal days, suits assuming it is not humid (I own 14 of those), plain T shirts and vintage wear when possible (I tend to buy nearly all my clothes second hand by choice when the retro look feels so fake me).

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Don't have the time to reply in detail but I am indeed what I wear in many ways, and I think I go about it farther than yourself (though indeed I also go for the styling more than the brand). That bring said, many INFPs are way more loving of comfort vs anything else, and that's fine too-people should be allowed to make their own wardrobe decisions, and certainly not force an image that may not be really authentic for themselves.

I look like many things, and probably confuse people, but that's OK-they are seeing "me" after all, not anyone else. :) I love to be noticed, but you'll find that many INFPs prefer just the contrary (I am still introverted and rather quiet, though.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I want people to perceive me as refined but approachable - so I try to reflect that in what I wear. I was very insecure in college and went over the top to stand out as an artist *cringe* but I still admire those who pull off that look, they rock. I feel best when I feel genuine...so dark well-fitting jeans and gray tshirts are my go-to. I secretly love tutu skirts and striped socks and fairies though..

·
Registered
45 Posts
T-shirts i get for free or with some band names on them... trousers or jeans, prefer black jeans or something like that. in winter a shirt, and a coat/leather jacket. shoes... comfy and they always fluff up my entire style because i have only one pair of comfortable shoes. i look different than everybody else in school although i'm casual in a way.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I dress comfy while at the same time expressing my artsiness & strong character, plus my genderqueerness. I dress gender neutral (although every once in a blue moon I really like to put on a dress and boots), and the main point I like to express with my clothes is that I am not concerned with fulfilling gender roles, that I'm a lover of the simple things in life, small details, nature & having a strong personality/being opinionated.
I express this by wearing simple cheap basics (jeans, t-shirts, tank tops) and then adding accessories that are kinda aggressive and with masculine vibes/energy. Sometimes I wear boxer briefs and sometimes lace lingerie, depends on my mood. And rarely wear a bra.
I'm super picky with the kinds of colors I wear. I can't stand red, fucsia, yellow, orange, or any strambotic colors, nothing loud.
I dress in black, grey, brown, navy blue, dark greens and purple. I like the deep colors of rainforests, rainy days & the pre-rafaelites.

I hate t-shirts with logos, cartoons, slogans, funny phrases, sparkly phrases and anything like that. Anything that looks "modern" I don't like it; I like timeless looks. I do v-necks and tank tops with vests, hooded trenchcoats and jumpers. Very simple. Then add aggressive accessories such as thick silver neck chains, insect pins, tribal earrings, thick buckles, crystals and stones, etc. I also wrap myself in gigantic rainforest-colored shawls (mostly black or purple), with my reading glasses and messy hair and dangly jewelry, and walk around looking like a 'mystic' or 'travelling seller' (my ex-boss's words).

I shop a lot in the men's section cause I love their clothes, specially gigantic sweaters, vests and their shoes are to die for. I've never worn heels in my entire life; even with dresses I always wear motorcycle boots. I often think if I ever got a boyfriend the poor thing would be chasing after me to get dressed because I'd steal all his clothes! :tongue:

I despise sweat pants, hoodies, trainers, flip-flops and everything sporty during the day-to-day. I am a very sporty person, but those outfits are for working out only. And I don't apply this only to myself, I find people who wear tracksuits when they're not working out extremely unattractive. I'm attracted to people who wear jeans & tshirt/sweater, like they made a tiny effort to look good but not too much. Like they look comfortable but not like they just spent half the day playing videogames in the sofa haha. I hate the 'just out of the sofa' look, I guess cause it triggers pathetic images of my own father, who is the laziest most boring person I've ever met. Lol I went on a tangent here haha

·
Registered
392 Posts
Jeans and hoodies all day erry day. (Long sleeves are a must for me, I burn too easily and it's easier to take off a hoodie than a long sleeved shirt.)

I really do not follow trends or anything at all, couldn't care less. Skin issues fuck me over with a lot of fabrics and whatnot anyway (ogawwwd when I had to wear embroidered shirts for school), no. Just no. If it's not comfortable, it gets donated.

·
Registered
429 Posts
one word: comfortably
that is all.

·
Banned
573 Posts
I find low-cost clothing on the internet, I buy it, and I wear it...and I like it :proud: I have to color coordinate, though. Shoes and all.. :blushed:

Reactions: Bago

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm a really plain dresser. I've never really been so interested in expressing my personality through my clothing and I don't have a specific style. I have many different kinds of clothing in my wardrobe. Sometimes I like dresses and miniskirts and short shorts and other times I love wearing flannel. I hate wearing high heels and infinitely prefer ballet flats or Converse to any other type of shoe. I always end up wearing some amount of black. I like showing off my back or my legs because those are my nicest features.

I usually get clothing from thrift stores but sometimes I splurge and get bras from really nice places. I'm trying to spend less though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm usually fine wearing just anything while I'm at home or just helping my mom work. If I feel like "dressing up" though for an occasion with friends, polo shirt and jeans. YOU CANNOT BEAT THE POLO. I always love wearing suits and tuxedos though. No matter what, I always feel good when I feel classy :tongue:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I like to make the distinction between having fashion-sense and being fashionable. The former to me implies one has a personal sense of style absorbed from observation filtered through one's innate sense of aesthetics. The latter implies one keeps up with trends and styles that are considered "in" or "out" and cares about such matters.

I'm with the former, not the latter. I notice what's going on fashion-wise but the ultimate decision comes down to "do I like this?" and "would I wear this?"

I borrow predominantly from the emo scene circa 2000-2005, with some 90s Punk and Hipster stuff thrown in with a smattering of Goth. I occasionally go for "kick ass", but I'm more comfortable with "slightly geeky alternative rock" as a go-to. For me this means slim fitting clothes: jeans, graphic or band t-shirts, wrist accessories, hoodies, studded belts, badges and pins, Chuck Taylors or Vans; I love layering too! For the occasionally "bad-ass" side, strapped boots and strap-and-buckled punkish pants, a leather duster coat, etc. Colours are usually black and white with a 3rd colour - usually red, green, blue, or pink.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
When I look back in photos my style has changed over the years a little bit, but I try to remain one constant theme more or less. Minimalism, classic, open... I did fall off the wagon and bought a lot of things which does not suit me before, but now I will try and clean up the ones which really represent me as a person.

These days, I like dresses more and skirts. I was not into prints for a long time, but now I can see how it can work. So I do not mind. I am more conscious also as to what fits best my shape. These days, I like to show my own journey, and wear things which is more of my age, and how I think I should be seen as a 30 something. I do not want to be locked to a style or a period, but I want to grow organically and age, but age joyfully, but childishly, which I think was what I couldn't grasp before. It was so easy for me to buy something from the teen section which did not look quite right ! But there are more choices now available, and I now know where to get certain items such that, I can put together my own look. When I was a teen, these choices did not exist. I am more aware of fashion now also too, and of how it evolves. I prefer the fashion which maintains your sense of gender identity, and also ages you in a nice way, joyful way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love, love fashion! I wear edgy clothing :) I love contrasting; like wearing cute skirts and dresses with tights and boots. I definitely value fashion over comfort - I love wearing heels! (although can't very often, because I have really short friends!) I wear a lot of black (like most INFPs, apparently :) I especially love cool rings, and wear a fair bit of make up, too, like eyeliner and eye shadow and stuff. Not over the top though! Just enough to give me a bit of an edge ;) I spend a fair bit (Read: a lot!) on clothes, because they play such an important role in self expression and all that :)

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
This is my 100th time answering this question, so please skip if you've seen this before from me.

I'm all about comfort and fabrics that are soft. Microfiber, velour, fleece, non-starchy cotton, polar fleece, flannel. I tear out all tags from shirts and pants. I care not two shakes of a lamb's tail about fashion or trends or brands, drawing attention to myself or being the center of attention via my clothes (the thought of it mortifies me), or expressing myself with my clothes. I don't wear make-up. I am extremely reserved in dress and presentation of myself.

Interesting personality test results inside spoiler:

Here's my SLOAN score from this thread - http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/2820-sloan-personality-typing.html -- and I come up RCUEN, RCUEI.

Global 5: sloan RCUEN; sloan+ |R|cuEx; primary Reserved; R(76%)C(66%)U(60%)E(68%)X(50%)
Global 5 Primary Type Descriptions

Reserved
outsider, does not fit in most places, does not mind going days without speaking to people, does not like night life and crowds, not self expressive, spends more time in solitary activity than group activity, does not compete for the spotlight, fears getting involved with others, not seductive, dresses to avoid standing out, not impulsive, loner, female introverts tend not to like wearing makeup, does not enjoy leadership, not very sexual, more likely to be nerdy, prefers loose fitting clothing, inhibited, suspicious, tattoo averse, unmotivated, can't do anything when they don't fee good, has trouble speaking when emotional, dislikes compliments, desires security and support, does not like accepting help, more visual than verbal, does not want to be famous, likes science fiction, prefers to stick with things they know, not traditional

RCUEN
not easily hurt, does not need things to add up perfectly, keeps emotions under control, spends more time in solitary activities than group activities, when ending an association - tends to stop all communication without explanation, does not readily admit mistakes, underachiever, not known for generosity, level emotions, does not care what people think, does not fit in, more logical than abstract, does not value tradition, uninterested in leadership, not impressionable, not prone to envy, values money over acceptance, not open about feelings, unproductive, values solitude, not very happy, pessimistic,plain appearance, inflexible, won't do much to avoid rejection, not afraid of doing the wrong thing, underachiever, does not accept people as they are, unable to stand up for self, slow to forgive, not that interested in others, does not care about image, not prone to giving compliments, rarely prepared, quiet around strangers, does not like touchy feely people, avoids responsibilities, avoids difficult reading material, rarely reinvents self, does not like to lead, not prone to worrying

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The me in school and the me for special events looks super different xD In school I really can't be bothered: We have to tie our hair up, so fine, *grabs half of hair, grabs other half, ties together*. Which is why all and any photos taken at school look horrible with random pieces of hair in awkward positions xD
For casual outings I just go according to what I feel like wearing at that time, either dresses or tights/pants depending on the nature of that outing, usually with bronze/silver jewelry because I love bracelets and necklaces! :D They're all so pretty hahas! And with my hair down because I hate having my hair up xD Literally "letting my hair down", hahas! :laughing:
Important events are really similar to casual outings, except I always wear dresses, plus I spend lots of time making sure I look as proper as possible!
Read somewhere that if you ask an INFP why he/she wore that blue scarf, he/she will say "Oh, it means ..." I'll just be like "Because I feel like it. Why else would I wear it? 0_o"
I don't really have a style when it comes to shopping either, I just buy whatever I like that looks nice on me (And is affordable, of course!)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.