Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving for over 25 years now and even after several speeding tickets and car wrecks (and one near fatal motorcycle accident), I find that I still drive the same: like I stole it!

Actually, I don't consider it aggressive driving...I just see endless opportunities and try to take advantage of as many as possible.

Is this typical of ENTP drivers?

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I almost always drive over the speed limit, but never at "ohmygod" speeds. I don't go over 80 mph, really. I just slow down where the cops hang out. But I can be somewhat of a spastic driver. I have a problem with not looking thoroughly before I do things, and I might tick people off sometimes because of it. I haven't gotten into an accident yet, though. I also wouldn't say I'm an aggressive driver. I don't cut people off intentionally.

I actually like driving quite a bit, especially when I can blast my music. I get a kick out of driving in extreme weather conditions, too. I'd even go so far as to say I'm a better driver during torrential downpours because I pay closer attention :laughing: So yeah, I'm kind of absent-minded on the whole. I might get from point A to point B without realizing it happened, if I know the route well enough.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Up until a few years ago my car never want below 90

·
Banned
998 Posts
I don't drive dangerously, just fast. I think we have a tendency towards it. I'm not one of those idiots who weaves in and out of every car, cutting everyone off. My Se is pretty highly developed, so I'm always looking around me, making sure I know what's going on around me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I drive slow because I have many restrictions.

A Speeding Ticket, Driving Recklessly Tickets, and Red Light Tickets will skyrocket my car insurance so I prefer not to burden my family.

However...in the future...I hope to drive like a taxicab in Manhattan with the upgraded rudeness of running stop signs and red lights when no one is looking (at night).

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I drive slow because I have many restrictions.

A Speeding Ticket, Driving Recklessly Tickets, and Red Light Tickets will skyrocket my car insurance so I prefer not to burden my family.

However...in the future...I hope to drive like a taxicab in Manhattan with the upgraded rudeness of running stop signs and red lights when no one is looking (at night).
That reminds me: I have a tendency to run red lights in familiar areas when I don't see any cops around. It's just a hassle to sit at the light at 5 o'clock in the morning when NO ONE is around. (The light's not rigged to turn in the favor of the first car that gets there. It runs the same course at 5am as it does at 5pm.) I also used to left turn on red into my high school.

And if anyone lives in New England, you might know that Rhode Island, my home state, is proud of something called the "Rhode Island Roll." It's when you just slow down at a stop sign instead of stopping. I do that, too, when I know I can.

Reactions: MGill

·
Registered
52 Posts
And if anyone lives in New England, you might know that Rhode Island, my home state, is proud of something called the "Rhode Island Roll." It's when you just slow down at a stop sign instead of stopping. I do that, too, when I know I can.
Here in California, we call that the California stop

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I drive like a bat outta hell. It's gotten to the point, I cannot drive with my mom in the car, she starts nit picking which just makes me want to get to the destination quicker. I almost always fishtail on turns, and 80 is nothing to me, traffic and rain makes me drive faster. The only time I drive slow is coming back home, I'd rather take my time. Go-karts awesome too, can't destroy those at a track and you get to watch as lesser drivers spin out as you pass them causing pile ups and it's just plain fun to drift and dodge people in those things. I always overlap people in them, multiple times.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...and 80 is nothing to me, traffic and rain makes me drive faster. The only time I drive slow is coming back home, I'd rather take my time.
I drive 80 when I want to get better gas mileage...otherwise it's 80+. I also like driving fast in the rain. Although, I do drive slower when I have my wife/kids in the car.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I drive 80 when I want to get better gas mileage...otherwise it's 80+. I also like driving fast in the rain. Although, I do drive slower when I have my wife/kids in the car.
Yeah, I try to drive slower with other people in the car but, sometimes I forget with those close.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Ok, I'll buck the trend. I drive safely, usually within the speed limit unless on the motorway, and then not far over it.

I have dealt with the kids you speeders forgot to miss.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I speed on highways... if I'm sure it's not a cop-trap zone, but since I grew up in the city, where there's little room for idiocy, I don't take chances. Lots of idiots-with-legs will dart out in the middle of the street out of nowhere to beg me to mow them down, I've had cars in the same direction to my left suddenly take U-turns, cutting right in front of me as soon as the light turned green... FUCKTASTIC MORONS, I WISH MANSLAUGHTER WAS LEGAL SO THAT I COULD RAM YOU RIGHT IN THROUGH YOUR FLIMSY FUCKING DOOR. YOU'D DIE FIRST, YES YOU WOULD. (this happened yesterday, so I'm still a little testy over that.). I've had to find a way to get around cars who were stopped on railroad tracks TO TALK ON THE PHONE (presumably making their final goodbyes)...........cars blocking tight roads, people leaving turn signals on, people not understanding right of way...

So, I'm careful myself, and I'm a defensive driver, but that doesn't mean I stay calm. I remember I fucked up my horn once because I lay it on so hard. Had to get it fixed. Another time, at a red light, I threw a french fry at a bicyclist who had been acting like an arrogant ass and hogging the road when there was a bike lane right there. (He wasn't heeding my relentless horn use, so I decided to send him the message literally.)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I find it hard to process information fast enough in very high speeds, and I have trouble narrowing the funnel of input. So I dont really dig hi-speeds. Drive quite normally apart from quite high speed when turning.

I skipped getting motorbike-licence since I would probably kill myself (through driving) within weeks of getting it.

I like Scuba-diving more... and martial arts (fast but instinctive).

Reactions: Liontiger

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I find it hard to process information fast enough in very high speeds, and I have trouble narrowing the funnel of input. So I dont really dig hi-speeds. Drive quite normally apart from quite high speed when turning.
Yeah, that's why I don't like going over 80. I have trouble controlling my car, which is not a good feeling at all. When I come home from school after not driving for months, I have even more issues, especially with turns. :confused:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts