Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you make sure that you won't mislead guys into thinking that you want more than friends?

I have a few guy friends in my life whom I feel exceptionally connected to, and I don't feel that connected to people easily. They are like an extended family to me, and sometimes I texted them really random stuff (i.e. a few personal secrets).. I think most of them see me as a friend, but I'm just making sure.

How does one make sure it's always clear that you care a lot mostly out of pure friendship alone?

·
Registered
782 Posts
How do you make sure that you won't mislead guys into thinking that you want more than friends?

I have a few guy friends in my life whom I feel exceptionally connected to, and I don't feel that connected to people easily. They are like an extended family to me, and sometimes I texted them really random stuff (i.e. a few personal secrets).. I think most of them see me as a friend, but I'm just making sure.

How does one make sure it's always clear that you care a lot mostly out of pure friendship alone?
Oh please. What a terrible problem you have...
In short, I wish I had your problem.
Just drop them the LJBF bomb. Really. It's a complete sweetheart and *friendly* approach.
Yeah, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You- "Hey, you know I only like you as a friend right?"

Friend x- "What an odd thing to say"

You- "Just making sure you know"

Friend x - "Umm sure"

End awkward conversation

Reactions: Roze and Seeker99

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh please. What a terrible problem you have...
In short, I wish I had your problem.
Just drop them the LJBF bomb. Really. It's a complete sweetheart and *friendly* approach.
Yeah, I'm jealous.
O_O Just making sure..

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Friend x - "Umm sure"

End awkward conversation
Lmao!! That might be weird O___O

·
Registered
782 Posts
O_O Just making sure..
okay, i shouldn't have been that sarcastic. it's hard not to be jealous though. hey, id be thrilled if even ONE guy liked me...
i wish we could trade places.
oh, and when i wrote this i was missing my crush..so maybe that's why i sounded mean if i did.

Reactions: indy

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

Friend x - "Umm sure"

End awkward conversation
I don't actually recommend doing this unless something prompts you to, like if your friend started to say things that lead you to believe he was interested in you. As long as he doesn't start coming on to you, I really don't think there's a need for you to have the awkward conversation and create needless tension.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't actually recommend doing this unless something prompts you to, like if your friend started to say things that lead you to believe he was interested in you. As long as he doesn't start coming on to you, I really don't think there's a need for you to have the awkward conversation and create needless tension.
yeah. it's just mean and cruel and well..not every guy is going to be interested in dating you, like honestly.
besides, you're lucky. im still jealous!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I honestly just stopped caring. I mean, if you act 'normal' (no obvious flirting/ seductive attempts, by 'normal' standards) and they think of you that way anyway.. there's really not much you can do.

Boys change their minds all the time anyway. If/when they finally make up their minds, you'll definitely know.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

Why make that kind of limit? You may decide that you do want more some day and then where will you be?

Just avoid having sex or making smoochy face with any of them...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Why make that kind of limit? You may decide that you do want more some day and then where will you be?

Just avoid having sex or making smoochy face with any of them...
yeah, and don't give out any blowjobs either:crazy: =P
the way to a man's heart[according to my friend] is through 1) his stomach and 2) a good blowjob.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My bad... I should have noted that as well...
It's fine. But yes, never give a guy a blowjob if you don't want his affection, according to a very important male friend in my life.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
It's fine. But yes, never give a guy a blowjob if you don't want his affection, according to a very important male friend in my life.
Apparently my experience in these matters is rather limited-- how on earth could that happen?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Apparently my experience in these matters is rather limited-- how on earth could that happen?
To be honest, I have NO idea. Maybe if the girl was drunk and horny? Or she treats that stuff like it's nothing?
I know that for me I'd never give a guy a BJ unless I felt something for him. To me, it's a way of showing affection..like pleasing the partner and making him happy. Sorry I'm getting all weird and mushy, but you get my drift.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
To be honest, I have NO idea. Maybe if the girl was drunk and horny? Or she treats that stuff like it's nothing?
I know that for me I'd never give a guy a BJ unless I felt something for him. To me, it's a way of showing affection..like pleasing the partner and making him happy. Sorry I'm getting all weird and mushy, but you get my drift.
How do you treat that like it's nothing?! At the very least, consider the possible hygiene issues... OK, so maybe hygiene isn't that important to some people.

I feel unclean now...off to the whirlpool.

·
Registered
782 Posts
How do you treat that like it's nothing?! At the very least, consider the possible hygiene issues... OK, so maybe hygiene isn't that important to some people.

I feel unclean now...off to the whirlpool.
I don't know, but my roommate was bragging about the two guys she screwed last night and how she gave one a handjob or something. I dunno, I overheard her phone conv.
Yeah I guess not..I mean like honestly, multiple sex partners=STDs, or at least a very good chance.
For me..well sex is not a commodity. Why would you want an emotional attachment to someone you don't even love? The entire concept does NOT make sense.
Okay, have fun at the whirlpool XD.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't know, but my roommate was bragging about the two guys she screwed last night and how she gave one a handjob or something. I dunno, I overheard her phone conv.
Yeah I guess not..I mean like honestly, multiple sex partners=STDs, or at least a very good chance.
For me..well sex is not a commodity. Why would you want an emotional attachment to someone you don't even love? The entire concept does NOT make sense.
Okay, have fun at the whirlpool XD.
Love the whirlpool.

Anyway...I'm unconvinced that screwing two guys in one evening has anything to do with emotional exchange...that sounds like a desperate cry for some type of help. Poor thing. It's reminding me of the roommate I had who decided to become a stripper for some bizarre reason.

Maybe you could get one of those "I'm a good person and I deserve better" type magnets to put on the mirror where she will see it? Scatter some self-esteem building slogan type stuff around the place?

It may help her and reduce the number of kind of icky conversations you have to listen to.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Love the whirlpool.

Anyway...I'm unconvinced that screwing two guys in one evening has anything to do with emotional exchange...that sounds like a desperate cry for some type of help. Poor thing. It's reminding me of the roommate I had who decided to become a stripper for some bizarre reason.

Maybe you could get one of those "I'm a good person and I deserve better" type magnets to put on the mirror where she will see it? Scatter some self-esteem building slogan type stuff around the place?

It may help her and reduce the number of kind of icky conversations you have to listen to.
I dunno what it is. & last time she screwed THREE guys, not two. Maybe. Well she is a bit of an attention seeker, but w/e..she's an ESTJ i think. id bet ESTJ on the money, definitely an E, a bit bossy XD, SJ, and loves debating. ESTJ it is.
maybe i could. that might be a good idea. thanks.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I dunno what it is. & last time she screwed THREE guys, not two. Maybe. Well she is a bit of an attention seeker, but w/e..she's an ESTJ i think. id bet ESTJ on the money, definitely an E, a bit bossy XD, SJ, and loves debating. ESTJ it is.
maybe i could. that might be a good idea. thanks.
Oh the poor thing! Does she scrub herself with brillo pads in the shower afterward? Doesn't it make you feel better that you have some self-control?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.