Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My birthday is coming up and unfortunately I have to invite people over. No ifs ands or buts about it, my socially inclined family wants me to have friends over.

What the hell do you do with guests? They're so boring.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do something active, e.g. hiking, scavenger hunt, cooking, etc. It keeps people occupied but you're not just sitting around having to make conversation for hours.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I love organizing theme parties ! :D you can decorate and make your guests wear costume-ish stuff too, well just make sure your demands won't overwhelm them though ot skip that part altogether. When is your birthday? You can combine it with important dates of the past :D or something about the year you were born.

<.< I am an awkward INFP.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
My birthday is coming up and unfortunately I have to invite people over. No ifs ands or buts about it, my socially inclined family wants me to have friends over.

What the hell do you do with guests? They're so boring.
Board games?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Sit the guests with the family in sofas, give them drinks and food, and wait for everyone to start chatting and have their own fun, while you can relax in a corner. At least that's what I always did, until I escaped my parents and stopped having people over :)

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do something active, e.g. hiking, scavenger hunt, cooking, etc. It keeps people occupied but you're not just sitting around having to make conversation for hours.
AH, yes...I can set up a treasure hunt for them and they can go off and do this imaginary treasure hunt as I spend my day studying. Perfection.

I love organizing theme parties ! :D you can decorate and make your guests wear costume-ish stuff too, well just make sure your demands won't overwhelm them though ot skip that part altogether. When is your birthday? You can combine it with important dates of the past :D or something about the year you were born.

<.< I am an awkward INFP.
It's the nineteenth. Costumes? I'm debating.

Rent a casket and jump out of it screaming. People are gonna love it.
I like this idea already.
I cook for them, while their implicit job is to be chatty :).
I feel as if they should cook for me since I am a horrible cook haha.

Board games?
Fine.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
How many guests are we talking here? I also like to throw small parties, particularly where there will be stimulating activities. Cooking and quizzes are always fun for me.

Reactions: Slagasauras
1 - 10 of 10 Posts