Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fella's,

So I was talking with @nicoloco90 about rage and how INFP's and ENFP's react to this. So I am curious how you all act and feel like when you rage! Tell me about it :)

---------------------

When I experience rage, I just flat out say everything that I think is true - sometimes a bit dismissive about what the other might think of or their perspective on the whole thing. And I keep on rambling on why I am angry, and I can get quite offensive too. It's like a flood of rage that I pour all over that person, with everything that my minds concludes about anything (Strong Ne + Te here where Fi and Si is tainting it a bit)

After having let out my anger, I reflect and think about what I've said. Try to derive a conclusion about the whole thing and give my apologies to the person with whom I was angry with - with of course reasoning why I was angry and about what went wrong for both me and the other person.

P.S. INFP's are also welcome to answer or any other NF. But I'm more interested about what ENFP's experience :proud:

----------------------

@Heavens★Demon Sorry that I NEARLY duplicated your thread. Let's say the threads complement each other ;p LOL

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well yeah @Eefje I do basically the same thing, I don't want to bottle it up nor wait for the other person to come clear with their negative emotions towards me next month or anything. You gotta handle it right away (ofcourse there's some exceptions where it is better to just shut your mouth), but with friends and loved ones this should be possible. The thing is, if you keep it to yourself or bottle it up, there's nothing to be done about it when you decide to come clear with it in 2 months. I have problems with this regarding INFPs.

Also, i'm always the one that has the most endurance to continue an argument, because I want to know everything and understand everything, so that I can better myself or educate someone else for the future.

Reactions: Eefje

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I define anger and rage as two different things.

I get angry quite often and 'rant.'

I reserve rage for those things that fill me with... well, rage. I came near to it last week, when I found out a local animal sanctuary for tigers and bears had just KILLED the animals when they could not relocate to their desired location; they did not call any other sanctuaries, they just 'terminated' the animals. I was angry enough to unleash the force of hell on them. I'm still angry about it, because it was unnecessary. And, I didn't get to go very far into my epic-scale rant, because the people I was with immediately terminated the conversation. So... the anger is still there. And probably will always be there.

I get all 'wrath of God' on things that enrage me; I would not make a good dictator, if you want a benevolent one. I have often said it's a damn good thing I am NOT God, because there would be little scorch marks all over the earth. ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@angelcat interesting :) I did mean rage and not anger though ^^ it's also a different thing for me.

Reactions: angelcat

·
Registered
197 Posts
I get very intense with rage. I think it's my most viscerally felt emotion. My body temperature rises so much and I legitimately rage cry. Like, I think the last two times I cried were anger tears.

Then I get super focused and tactical, cataloging a list of everything that has been building up to that moment. If the person that's responsible is in my presence they better be prepared for all of the terrible truths I've collected regarding them but have not expressed (which amounts to a controlled rant that analyzes their character flaws and failings). Mostly I get out all the things I've held back because I'd rather let it go than confront it.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
My experience is different...

If I get dead silent and emotionally cold that's a sign I'm getting angry. The angrier I get, the slower I move, the more serious I get, and the more physical I become. If whatever's making me mad keeps happening, I'll snap.

At that point I get down right commanding. I'm not yelling out my feelings or any pussy shit like that -- I demand exactly what I want bright and clear as day and will continue to demand the exact same thing over and over until I get it. If I don't get it fast enough, I will get physical, I assure you.

·
Registered
730 Posts
There is nothing worse than a male ENFP on his period

·
Registered
730 Posts
Did you have a traumatizing experience?
I watched an ENFP eat a INFP baby whole :( and i was like dude why....and I'll never forget what he said.

He said "Because I'm on my period and I'll do whatever the fuck I want."

·
Registered
INFP so/sx
562 Posts
I don’t rage a lot. I like to think the older I get the more patient I’ve become but here and there something will piss me off and I go ape shit.

When I rage I tend to lose every fibre of empathy and I become stone cold. I also talk in a very condescending tone of voice and I mix in a lot of swear words lmao. Oh, and if I’m feeling particularly emotional that day I’ll also cry, but never in front of people. I’ll just wait until I’m by myself and then turn on the waterworks. It’s annoying because I like to be in control of my emotions but in situations like this I never am, which is why I try to avoid it as much as I can.

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's either quite the big mouth or quite the small baby, fascinating story
little baby infp and he eated it on then had menses :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts