Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you believe in it: that "What you do to others will ultimately be done to you" ? If you do, how does that affect how you treat others as an 8?

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,787 Posts
Well, that's not the Golden Rule... It's not that it WILL BE DONE to you, it implies certainty in a prediction and that's inaccurate. But it's more of an advice don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you. Now, do I believe in it? Yes, it seems fair to me. As an 8w9 I have a policy of: I'll leave you alone, you leave me alone, we each mind our own business. However, if someone doesn't leave me alone, I will retaliate. So, in a way it is the philosophy of the Golden Rule. I leave people alone and I expect them to leave me alone.

·
Premium Member
42,478 Posts
If I use it I try to mix that with the plantinum rule:
Do to others what others would have you done to them.

I have sometimes experienced the golden rule and found it annoying. For example when anonymous bought my cloths from their own style, not mine. But there is something positive about it to, and that is the personal touch in that, ie. Iits not so fake. I can by my self cloths, but it feels better when its in a genuine form of a gift.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,790 Posts
Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have done unto you. 😇

Silver Rule: Do not do unto others as you would not have done unto you. :)

Bronze Rule: Do unto others as they have done unto you. ⚖

Iron Rule: Welcome to the jungle, assholes. :devilish:

It depends on the person and the situation, but I spend the bulk of my time in Silver and Bronze. To me, this is the sensible course... avoiding both the "turn into everybody's doormat" which all too often happens with the Gold, but also not devolving into the "might makes right" of Iron.

Reactions: nablur
1 - 5 of 5 Posts