Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Have to say that I've not run across one, to my knowledge.

By the general lack of reaction, it might be the same for the other ISTJs on the forum. (No, we're not being rude. We just don't feel that we have anything much to contribute.)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Have to say that I've not run across one, to my knowledge.
The same. But I like the sound of the type on paper, and I tend to appreciate high Fi a lot. Forum-wise, I've not come across any that have rubbed me up the wrong way, been noted as someone to avoid or any other negatives, so it's generally good :)

By the general lack of reaction, it might be the same for the other ISTJs on the forum. (No, we're not being rude. We just don't feel that we have anything much to contribute.)
We should have this as a disclaimer at the head of the sub-forum. I'd have made a pretty good return on the number of times people took my lack of reaction negatively if I got a pound for every time it happened.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I knew/know some ISFPs, though they may have been INFPs as well. They're adorable and I appreciate their sense of artistry (not necessarily actual art, but how they noticed details in the world that I wouldn't have) and their strong values. However, they do have a tendency to be messy and not think things through--for example, one of them wanted to do an art piece that collected footprints, but she laid her sheet of paper straight down some steps, a total tripping hazard! Then she came back and wondered why it was moved and was very mad about it. Also living with her was sort of like having a silly dog--cute, but you have to keep an eye on her for both of your sakes haha. Having strong Fi can also be difficult when their values do not match with mine, as it can't even be talked through either (because the sense of right/wrong is stronger than any objective criterion).

There are other general things that I dislike that I might say are F and P correlated, but I hadn't had seen them in ISFPs specifically so far. Since you mention ISTJs being lowkey, I would say in general ISTJs will like people who are more ah, highkey than they are, but not too much :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a close ISFP friend back home. Some things about her gets on my nerves (overly-reclusive, sometimes unwilling to try new things if they're a little too weird, doesn't like going out/drinking, etc.) but she's a great person to hang out with. She's great at conversing, comfortable to be around, and knows how to ask the right questions when you're feeling down/have a problem.

·
Registered
242 Posts
One of my aunts is an ISFP and in general we get along well.

The problem is that she suffers from depression. At her best, she is nice, helpful and compassionate. At her worst, she is aggressive, unpredictable and hurtful.

·
Registered
73 Posts
One of my aunts is an ISFP and in general we get along well.

The problem is that she suffers from depression. At her best, she is nice, helpful and compassionate. At her worst, she is aggressive, unpredictable and hurtful.
Ah, my close friend back home is also going through depression. But I think she's managing well given her situation.

·
MOTM June 2015
4,388 Posts
I always get these two types mixed up with each other tbh. Most of them are very similar believe it or not.
I could be remembering incorrectly (too lazy to hunt for the thread) but I believe @AllyKat said something along these lines when I was trying to figure out my personality type. If I remember correctly she referred to them as a softer ISTJ. AllyKat feel free to correct me if I'm mixing you up with someone else.

This is the only type I've ever typed that wasn't a "T". (test from 16 personalities)

·
Registered
790 Posts
I could be remembering incorrectly (too lazy to hunt for the thread) but I believe @AllyKat said something along these lines when I was trying to figure out my personality type. If I remember correctly she referred to them as a softer ISTJ. AllyKat feel free to correct me if I'm mixing you up with someone else.

This is the only type I've ever typed that wasn't a "T". (test from 16 personalities)
Yeah, I agree there's a similar 'vibe' in the sense of the types being alike on the surface, particularly among those ISTJs that don't exert their Te as much, or seem more mellow. I'm not sure exactly why, but that's how it appears. Maybe it's just an element of Fi and Si both having a sense of what should be combined with a down-to-earth sensey-ness!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
All of the ISFPs I know are creative and really artsy. I've observed that ISFPs are secretive people. It's not that they're always on the lookout, hiding themselves. They don't feel the need to verbally express themselves as much as others. And they do prefer to keep most thoughts and strong feelings to themselves. I'll be honest though, ISFPs are drama. Some seek attention and many are players (and they see nothing wrong with that). It's just that, this side does not show upfront to me because I'm not drama. I don't seek attention and I could care less about dating.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,511 Posts
I always feel like I have to play the wise big brother role with ISFPs. You know, that person that nags them into thinking rationally and get their lives straight. And yet at the same time, I kinda like that dynamic? I feel like ISFPs are gentle souls and when you try to guide them with advice, they....rebel course, but you can't help but feel like part of them says ''Thank you. You really don't get me but you're genuinely trying very hard to and you mean well and that goes a long way'' kinda thing.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
All of the ISFPs I know are creative and really artsy. I've observed that ISFPs are secretive people. It's not that they're always on the lookout, hiding themselves. They don't feel the need to verbally express themselves as much as others. And they do prefer to keep most thoughts and strong feelings to themselves. I'll be honest though, ISFPs are drama. Some seek attention and many are players (and they see nothing wrong with that). It's just that, this side does not show upfront to me because I'm not drama. I don't seek attention and I could care less about dating.
Yes, the ISFP I know is also very quiet and very artsy - loves arts and crafts, and is very creative. Loves cooking too.

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
My former hairdresser is an ISFP. She did my hair for 20 years. We got along quite well. She admitted to me recently that she was afraid of me when she first took me on as a client, but that was only because I'm very demanding when it comes to my hair and very vocal about it (I'm an E1 also). She learned over time that I was not going to eat her for lunch. We do still talk occasionally.

As a side note, the girl that she hand-trained (and handed me off to after she quit the business and went back to school for a career in the medical field) ended up being a poor fit for me, and so I quit her and went to someone else instead... turns out that the one I ended up choosing is also a friend of hers (and cuts hair much better).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts