Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking a lot about this particular type. I'm finding that I get along pretty well with INFP guys...they're so laid back and easy to talk to. I really like them a lot. :) I always thought that I had a preference for extroverted types, but the INFP is quickly changing my mind about that. This is also one of the only intuitive types that I can actually talk to without feeling misunderstood. The dynamic between us just feels so relaxed. It's obviously different than being with an extrovert, but I like it a lot! There's something about that quiet, introspective personality that just makes me want to get to know them better.

So how do you typically feel about the INFPs? Do you like them, or do you typically clash with them because of the S/N differences? And does the Fi dom personality typically clash? I haven't noticed it being a problem, but I could definitely see how it could lead to difficulties.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I'm an INFP and my relationships with ISFP are beyond amazing. Of course we have tiny little arguments, but they're so tiny and little both sides get over them quickly. I find ISFPs to be kind of soulmate material for me pretty much. I find that we're both super laid back and far from judgmental, so we can talk about whatever, the deepest shit will not cause the other to freak out. Also, we're both empathetic people, and we both maintain an emotional atmosphere thanks to F that is super comfortable and allows us to be ourselves completely. Not to mention, we're both great listeners, so when it's one's turn to speak th eother listens, and viceversa. There's zero drama.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm an INFP and my relationships with ISFP are beyond amazing. Of course we have tiny little arguments, but they're so tiny and little both sides get over them quickly.

Not to mention, we're both great listeners, so when it's one's turn to speak th eother listens, and viceversa. There's zero drama.
That's another thing I love about INFPs. No drama. Obviously, there are going to be disagreements, but I've found that with the Fi dom in common, we both want to keep things as peaceful and happy as possible, so arguments don't last long. I grew up in a very loud household. Whether it was because of extreme joy or extreme rage, someone was always yelling. So yes, the peaceful and easy nature of the INFP is very appealing to me.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The only people I have genuinely been close to are INFPs; my little sister, my best friend, and my late grandmother. I honestly never understood why they were the way that they were, but it didn't matter. They were always friendly, understanding, and they loved me for me. I can say with all honesty that the INFPs in my life saved me more times that they will ever know.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts

Seriously this thread is making me so happy and mushy....

The closest I've come to knowing an ISFP is your extroverted counterparts, the ESFP. The only thing about her I didn't particularly care for was she was a very unhealthy enneatype 2. So many good times with her though...I look back on our friendship fondly. It lasted for almost 20 years. <3

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Another great thing about this relationship is that ISFP is more down to earth, and this is extremely beneficial for INFP. In fact, INFP will seek ISFP's company when INFP realises that they might be losing their mind under a stressful situation. INFP will ask ISFP for a different perspective about something that they're caught up in, because they realise they're seeing the tree and not the forest. Since INFP is pretty much incapable of seeing big pictures -only details-, ISFP (who is more than happy to listen & offer their opinion when asked) will offer that.

When ISFP is stressed and vents to INFP, they feel taken care of and safe because INFP listens patiently, offers many different perspectives of the same issue & then leaves ISFP to make their own conclusions and decisions.

One never butts in the private business and decision-making process of the other, except when asked specifically. Basically they toss ideas back and forth, and reaching conclusions is up to each individual.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hate to be a negative nancy, but you asked how I feel about this personality type and I'll answer. I appreciate and understand the good parts of INFPs, but every one that I've met rubs me the wrong way. They have all been immature, socially awkward, slightly obnoxious, and SO very idealistic and pushy and serious with those ideals that it gets overwhelming. I'd love to meet one that I enjoyed being around because I could see ISFPs and INFPs getting along.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I kinda had a crush on an ISFP guy (I think)
I really did like him.
I think I have dated ISFPs before though and they seem to break up with me at some point, I think I'm a bit too erratic for them, it really is something else for me though at least emotionally, don't think I've ever really managed to get the physical stuff to totally take off though
But a strong moral compass is very attractive
:S

Hmm also think that ISFPs probably find INFPs a little selfish? and possibly the NE just comes off as too unstable or unloveable or something?

Hmmm...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts