Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't have a problem with it.
do you have a daughter? and even if you don't have a daughter.

Would you respect a man who did not take the initiative in the relationship and did not talk about his intentions with her?

I think that men like that don't care about their daughters..

·
Registered
Undefined
118 Posts

Would you respect a man who did not take the initiative in the relationship and did not talk about his intentions with her?

It doesn't matter regarding who initiates, it matters about what attracted y to x, where they met, what are their common interests, was it just looks because one was revealing too much and had it on day 1, was it just their personality where they communicated for long enough in order to feel strong intimacy, it really depends on many factors.

Anyway:
Comment: Doesn't matter a female or a male, proposing in the public is just the most stupid thing one can ever do, based on my analogy:
- it can force the one who's being proposed to accept, by being surprised and having to act as fast as possible not to self embarrass in front of the masses around spectating.
- expressing love in public doesn't mean that you love "x" more but it's more likely an act of insecurity, trying to prove your love based on other strangers' observations, dragging more unwanted attention, it's more like proving your love to "x" to others around more than "x" himself, by: proposing, kissing, holding hands.

Is purely fucking cringe.

·
Registered
Undefined
118 Posts
It's really old fashioned. Also, your comment to tan about not caring about daughters is whack since fathers lording over their daughters is a thing of the past. Women are capable.
Women are capable, your point? Men shouldn't look up after them anymore? Doesn't make sense to me to see women being that "independent", it just draws them further from men making them closer to something beautiful called "feminism". Reliance is what's needed and each should fulfil their own roles that been going for over 1.8 milleniums.
Man: Serve (i.e. household income), protect.
Woman: Care (i.e. uses emotional support to neutralize hardship and raise children), serve.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Women are capable, your point? Men shouldn't look up after them anymore? Doesn't make sense to me to see women being that "independent", it just draws them further from men making them closer to something beautiful called "feminism". Reliance is what's needed and each should fulfil their own roles that been going for over 1.8 milleniums.
Man: Serve (i.e. household income), protect.
Woman: Care (i.e. uses emotional support to neutralize hardship and raise children), serve.
Something tells me that there may be some cultural divides. In developed countries, women have been emancipated.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
1,571 Posts
Those women are brave!

Although to me, personally, I’d rather choke than make the first move. This might be due to my personality and the culture I was raised in.

·
Registered
Undefined
118 Posts
Something tells me that there may be some cultural divides. In developed countries, women have been emancipated.
Being emancipated is alright, until one loses their main role, when woman becomes man and vice versa, literally in all aspects. It even may include looks and identity declining acts which are quite despised by most. Those who deviated from the main path are ones who will bring society to it's rock bottom states.

Taking freedom to another levels when one can do anything without being questioned isn't just something deemed as developed, these things you mention lead divorce rates to increase by a lot when women thought they can live without men or doesn't necessarily need one and be "independent", lower marriage rates than ever and there's no will to have children, relationships become like a tissue once you use you dispose, not having the liability to take something seriously and dedicate yourself to someone because simply "GF/BF", irresponsibility at it's peak levels, causing others to suicide and children growing up possibly traumatized or at an orphanage.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Being emancipated is alright, until one loses their main role, when woman becomes man and vice versa, literally in all aspects. It even may include looks and identity declining acts which are quite despised by most. Those who deviated from the main path are ones who will bring society to it's rock bottom states.

Taking freedom to another levels when one can do anything without being questioned isn't just something deemed as developed, these things you mention lead divorce rates to increase by a lot when women thought they can live without men or doesn't necessarily need one and be "independent", lower marriage rates than ever and there's no will to have children, relationships become like a tissue once you use you dispose, not having the liability to take something seriously and dedicate yourself to someone because simply "GF/BF", irresponsibility at it's peak levels, causing others to suicide and children growing up possibly traumatized or at an orphanage.
You must realize that marriage is pretty new, on the scale of human existence and that humanity thrived and multiplied without it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Comment: Doesn't matter a female or a male, proposing in the public is just the most stupid thing one can ever do, based on my analogy:
- it can force the one who's being proposed to accept, by being surprised and having to act as fast as possible not to self embarrass in front of the masses around spectating.
- expressing love in public doesn't mean that you love "x" more but it's more likely an act of insecurity, trying to prove your love based on other strangers' observations, dragging more unwanted attention, it's more like proving your love to "x" to others around more than "x" hims
I also find proposals in public shameful..

·
Retired Administrator
16,773 Posts
I feel it's fine, so long as they are sure they want to marry them.

I've never had a problem initiating romantic or sexual relationships with men. I have just honestly shared my feelings and let them decide if they reciprocate or not.

But I guess it it comes to something like marriage, I imagine I'd prefer my partner to propose.

I guess maybe I'm also just not the best person to ask such a thing...perhaps if I was certain that we were compatible and I really wanted to marry him I would initiate, but that hasn't happened. I've only been proposed to. My parents were never married and I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to propose marriage? I never have?

I feel most comfortable initiating romantic relationships myself though, perhaps because of issues about control and agency regarding sex and romance. It has worked fine for me, though not recently as I haven't really felt ready or sure of what I want for a while and I have not initiated, since the failure of what I thought was supposed to be a "true love" sort of deal, and turned out to be more of a true hell kind of thing. Maybe I lost confidence in my ability to discern (and I think that lost confidence is justified because I really messed up with my ex). idk.

Perhaps, to me, it's about the person who feels most confident about their feelings--they can initiate. And often that is me, regarding romance--because I do feel confident about how I feel. But when it comes to something bigger like a marriage commitment I haven't got any confidence since I don't even know what a good marriage would look like tbh.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
19,243 Posts

No I am not a father, but if I was, I would want my daughter to feel confident, intelligent, and strong, enough to decide for herself who she choses to be.
There are very few roles that are gender/sex specific anymore, why should we stand on tradition?
Why must men do everything? What social mores make it impossible for a woman to have so little power in their lives?
Why would you say that a man who "allows" his daughter to propose to a man doesn't care about them?
What exactly are you saying about women in general, that they aren't good/smart/strong enough to choose who they love and want to spend their lives with?

·
Registered
Undefined
118 Posts
You must realize that marriage is pretty new, on the scale of human existence and that humanity thrived and multiplied without it.
Marriage is pretty new? It's been held since at least 600 and before. Humanity is now thriving and multiplying without it, present continuous. Although I like your humour.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts