Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
As far as the "average" peer goes (meaning classmates), I generally avoid them. I'm not going to be overly cynical and say they've been corrupted by mainstream culture (at least not all of them), but most people my age seem to think, act, and entertain themselves differently than I do. Aside from the usual E/I differences with some of them, I generally don't interact much with my generation unless they're in an activity I regularly do.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Although the general population at my high school is ruined by bored suburb syndrome (drinking, partying and all that crap), there are seeds of hope, people question the information theyre given (in an somewhat intellectual way).
In general I dont talk to most kids in my school, just my few close friends, random people who talk to me about art stuff (some are pretentious) and the folks I sort of know because I'm in theatre tech.

·
Registered
159 Posts
They're all wasters. They're either guys that only smoke weed and skate, or girls that only go for guys that smoke weed and skate.

Then there's me.. I play bass guitar and I like shandy.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Eh, I don't really like most of them, but I have a feeling that I wouldn't have liked them even if I was born back in the ol' days. It's more of a geographic issue; to put it succinctly, Wisconsin sucks.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I feel there's a rising culture of inherent weakness and politcal correctness which I don't really go with,
I find that it can be really superficial,
But otherwise I like my generation,
I wouldn't want to be born into any other :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our generation values the mainstream as gods. If you don't fit in, you're not part of this world. Just some weird people on this planet...
I guess the rise of the pc is something good that we have, right? ( with rise I don't mean the invention, but the increase of use of them )

·
Registered
433 Posts
AI think my peers are cool. Well, as cool as any other generation. They have their strengths. They have their weaknesses -- just like all of us. For all my complaints trying to encompass about 23 million people I'm sure just as many could be directed at me.

Don't get me wrong. Criticisms are needed. We need these to improve. It's just that I find it, oh, so very tiring when others can list down a thousand and one things that are wrong in this world but not a tenth of that that could (in the same mind) apply to the very same demographics.

I've read in a satire , to seem an expert of the subject matter one just needs to look and sound unsatisfied with everything at hand.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
They're all beautiful in their own ways!
I'd know, I'm that creepy girl who has few friends and sits rather quietly in the corner, quite creepily :kitteh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really feel that they are all Lacking intelligence. I generally keep to myself because they enjoy different things then I do and are not on the same intellectual level as me.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Must be geographical, I'm in the city and I must say our generation is awesome. Everyone is so passionate and energetic, it's amazing. Paired that with the disgust and anger we feel towards the condition of our world, and you got game changers. People who are preparing to spend their lives repairing and changing things. It's beautiful.

My only concern, however, is that some of our brightest minds are trapped behind computer screens instead of participating in life. Other than that, I know we'll be fine.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I live near the ignorant asshole capital of the world (LA). Because of this, most of my peers, you guessed it, are ignorant assholes. There are about 8 or so people I can communicate to at my school who aren't apathetic about issues I feel strongly about. Most besides those eight are concerned more about these petty domestic doings (celebrities and fashion) I could care less about.

Must be geographical, I'm in the city and I must say our generation is awesome. Everyone is so passionate and energetic, it's amazing. Paired that with the disgust and anger we feel towards the condition of our world, and you got game changers. People who are preparing to spend their lives repairing and changing things. It's beautiful.

My only concern, however, is that some of our brightest minds are trapped behind computer screens instead of participating in life. Other than that, I know we'll be fine.
I wish I lived in an area like that. Unfortunately, it is nil likely such a community could exist in California.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts