Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are days when I feel SO weird! it is not like im empty, it's just that i feel like a hollow person and feel detached. And then all i can do is cry. and while crying i fall asleep eventually. and when i wake up it's as if im tired. and the thing of concern is that i dont have reasons that i can see, to be sad or hollow or detached! it can happen on perfectly good days after i have laughed all day through.
so i was wondering, does it happen to everyone too? what is it? is it some subconscious sadness or loneliness? but then again how can they be subconscious?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I totally know where you're coming from... it drives me mad not being able to rationalise my emotions. When feeling like this i get into 'everything is just a load of chemicals aarrrghhhh it's all so meaningless'' mode. other days, i'm feeling just as intensely but happy, glad to be a part of the world, whatever it's made up of.

my mum says it's hormones...

·
Registered
959 Posts
There are days when I feel SO weird! it is not like im empty, it's just that i feel like a hollow person and feel detached. And then all i can do is cry. and while crying i fall asleep eventually. and when i wake up it's as if im tired. and the thing of concern is that i dont have reasons that i can see, to be sad or hollow or detached! it can happen on perfectly good days after i have laughed all day through.
so i was wondering, does it happen to everyone too? what is it? is it some subconscious sadness or loneliness? but then again how can they be subconscious?
Ahhh that happens a lot to me. I've never cried from it (I may have wanted to though) but I do get a little depressed. It may happen without any apparent reason, I just assume it's one of my days where I feel sad and a bunch of other negative emotions. (I'm starting to think I may be mildly depressed).

I've often wondered if I was "subconsciously sad" and that, that was where all the negative emotions come from, that and lack of sleep. When it happens though, I feel more alone than ever so that may play a role in it.

Sorry if this was confusing to read.
In short, I feel the same way and I don't know why.

Reactions: Retsu and dizzygirl

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outcode- it is not confusing. it makes perfect sense!!
gallimaufry- YES! i get SO depressed thinking we are just our brains and stuff and love is just oxytoucin that i feel like crying. and i end up crying. :angry: I am never happy to be so conscious about the rational side of our feelings. it just throws me off balance.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Sadly i believe the reason many ISFPs join this forum is because of depression or depression like symptoms. It feels almost like an unspoken truth on this forum to me for some reason. To tell you the truth I dont think that I would have ever joined if not for that. It just simply gives us like minded ppl to talk to. Or I suppose some may of course just be genuinely curious.
Dont get the wrong idea though I'm not depressed haha.... but Ive had my emotional moments in the past.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I find it very very difficult to understand, but I can see a lot of my OH in these posts.

He goes through very intense periods of melancholy. In the early stages of our relationship, I was deeply worried, because of his past history, which I won't go into. Even now, I wonder what it is inside him that occasionally torments him into a nobody-loves-me-and-the-world's-gone-to-sh*t state.

I think it is maybe that sometimes your emotions make you care too much. It isn't a pity party, such as INTP's throw, it's more a complete and utter empathy with the focus of your misery. (Actually, you don't have to be miserable to feel it, I've found. My OH hits a state of empathy and feeling on a topic which is close to what the Greeks term as Agapo. Despite the fact I think that, in some circs, emotions get in the way, I could be quite envious of it.)

I would be interested to know if anyone can say what I should do or say when he hits these states, because honestly I tend to keep quiet, hug him a bit, tell him I love him, etc, but feel I could do more. Thanks.:happy:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yeah, what you all are typing resounds with my history. Seems my emotions have done that for a while. Used to have anxiety attacks. Not anymore, but they exist still in my "heart" now or however it can be explained. Fi takes over for matters that I don't want to much care about to begin with.

I would be interested to know if anyone can say what I should do or say when he hits these states, because honestly I tend to keep quiet, hug him a bit, tell him I love him, etc, but feel I could do more. Thanks.:happy:
I wish I knew the thing to do. Er, I suppose depending on if he's an S or N, he would respond to either talking mixed with physical activity (S), or support as he talks it out with you reassuring that you're there and listening (N). That's sorta been the pattern for people I've known, though I haven't known many S's besides myself.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I find it very very difficult to understand, but I can see a lot of my OH in these posts.

He goes through very intense periods of melancholy. In the early stages of our relationship, I was deeply worried, because of his past history, which I won't go into. Even now, I wonder what it is inside him that occasionally torments him into a nobody-loves-me-and-the-world's-gone-to-sh*t state.

I think it is maybe that sometimes your emotions make you care too much. It isn't a pity party, such as INTP's throw, it's more a complete and utter empathy with the focus of your misery. (Actually, you don't have to be miserable to feel it, I've found. My OH hits a state of empathy and feeling on a topic which is close to what the Greeks term as Agapo. Despite the fact I think that, in some circs, emotions get in the way, I could be quite envious of it.)

I know that when i'm in these states, with regards to other people i just feel bad about not giving them the treatment they deserve. Seeing people behave so normally when i feel as if the worlds falling apart makes me almost hysterical at times, and i know i'm a frustrating, hurtful person to be around. i tend to project my lack of feeling onto other people, becoming ultra objective as a coping mechanism and not being able to empathise with anybody.
in terms of what i expect from these people... i'm generally just grateful that i've not been abandoned.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I know that when i'm in these states, with regards to other people i just feel bad about not giving them the treatment they deserve. Seeing people behave so normally when i feel as if the worlds falling apart makes me almost hysterical at times, and i know i'm a frustrating, hurtful person to be around. i tend to project my lack of feeling onto other people, becoming ultra objective as a coping mechanism and not being able to empathise with anybody, except perhaps as you say, misery itself.
in terms of what i expect from these people, i'm generally just grateful that i've not been abandoned.
Thanks for the insight. Bolded especially useful.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sometimes I feel down for seemingly no reason. Then I realise it's because I haven't eaten enough that day. It's important for me to be nourished. Like on Friday evening I felt everything was futile; but then I ate dinner (later than usual) and after I was like - oh actually things aren't so bad. In conclusion then, and in response to the OP, perhaps physical hollowness causes mental and emotional hollowness?

I should go make dinner now actually. I'm hungry. But it's such a fudging chore - man I hate routine tasks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
dizzygirl;776982[B said:
]There are days when I feel SO weird![/B] it is not like im empty, it's just that i feel like a hollow person and feel detached. And then all i can do is cry. and while crying i fall asleep eventually. and when i wake up it's as if im tired. and the thing of concern is that i dont have reasons that i can see, to be sad or hollow or detached! it can happen on perfectly good days after i have laughed all day through.so i was wondering, does it happen to everyone too? what is it? is it some subconscious sadness or loneliness? but then again how can they be subconscious?

I feel just like this sometimes, especially the bold parts. I could've had a great day with my family and then all of a sudden I feel isolated. I don't get it. I used to journal my feelings out but I've actually found that to make things worse. I don't like to wallow and analyse, I just need to cry it out sometimes. I actually destroyed my journal (ripped up all the pages) for the very reason that I don't want all of those weird feelings lingering around.

Reactions: dizzygirl

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Honestfi- Hugs would continue to be amazing at times like this. Whatever you are doing is lovely. It conveys the fact that you love him. However at times like this i feel as if you could very well leave me one day and hence whatever you say will contradict itself to what's on my mind :bored: So just be there for him in these phases...they usually don't last very long do they?
And he must be feeling terrible because i agree with what Gallimaufry said. I feel terrible that im not helping people or being there for them or being mean/angry. So, just b there and he'll appreciate it. But you might feel exhausted at times...

Reactions: honestfi

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks for that Dizz, it's difficult to know exactly how I should act or behave when he goes "off on one". I suppose someone could say an NT could have given up long ago, as we really find it difficult to understand when others struggle with their emotions.

But you might feel exhausted at times...
Tell - me - about - it.

But life sure ain't dull.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha... ok!:tongue:

·
Banned
41 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Registered a few hrs ago :)

I know what you mean. There are some days I feel so mopey and have absolutely no reason to be moody.
I think we ISFPs sometimes can't understand our own feelings and why we feel the way we do. I guess thats just the way we are.

A little more than a year ago I was quite depressed. Had been depressed for a year to a year and a half. I had bad acne at that time as well. During that year to year and a half I did absolutely nothing. I stopped attending classes at college too. I just sat at home, watched tv and was on the computer the whoooolee day.
When I look back I can't believe I just sat at home doing absolutely nothing for that long. I'm glad I didn't resort to cutting myself or anything of that sort. :frustrating::mellow::confused:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Outcode- it is not confusing. it makes perfect sense!!
gallimaufry- YES! i get SO depressed thinking we are just our brains and stuff and love is just oxytoucin that i feel like crying. and i end up crying. :angry: I am never happy to be so conscious about the rational side of our feelings. it just throws me off balance.
I can relate! Sometimes, I just think that we are these living creatures who are trying to preserve our species, and that we are all going to die and be stuck in the ground anyways. I think this resuls from our inferior Te. Do you agree?

·
Banned
41 Posts
ReuBurn, please do not bring religion into this.

Don't try to impose your views on anyone.

4 topics people should never discuss are religion, politics, sexuality and sports.

These 4 topics will always cause arguments because everybody thinks differently and have their own thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry if that bothered you. It's just that the thought haunted me for a long time last time - what's the point of living if we'll just become dust and our achievements in life are meaningless.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is never meaningless. Your presence and your absence counts. We contribute immensely but in small ways. All of us. The day our thoughts go into the ground with us will be the day for new thoughts to be heard. when you are here, make it count. what will happen, will happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts