Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get along with the other temperaments, in general? Agree with any of these?

NT: GOOD You would think NF's and NT's would have trouble getting over the emotional differences between the two, but strangely enough, I get along quite well with NT's. And I'm a moderately strong F type. I just trust them to the point where I know that their putdowns and sarcasm are all in good humor.

SP: FUN Really good drinking buddies or Friends with Benefits. I like their charisma and spontaneity. A few of the male SP's I know unintentionally piss other people off with their wild antics, but they know that I don't judge them for that because NFs can be just as crazy. Plus, I respect my SP friends for just wearing their emotions on their sleeves and not being afraid to be who they are, even though they will be judged by others. I'm still very much afraid of being judged by others, although this has been getting better. Female SPs I know are attractive, witty, and very artistic. One of them captured my heart with a very cleverly timed dick joke. No kidding.

NF: DEPENDS Ok, this one's a bit tricky because I really feel like I "connect" well with other female NFs, particularly the Introverted NFs. They are solid relationship material and even better conversationalists. My last 5 or so hookups were all with NFs and we are still solid friends. Now with male NFs, it can be a little tricky. I get along fabulously with introverted NFs. But Extravert NFs can and have tired me out. I don't know why.

SJ: POOR I cannot, for the life of me, understand these people. Not even to save my own life. I don't like my controlling SJ parents and it feels like a lot of SJs do things without really questioning why. Even if they don't like something or feel uncomfortable, they don't come out and say it because following norms and customs are far more important than expressing yourself, apparently. Rigid, is probably the word I'm going for. In relationship matters, I don't know how to explain this, but the SJ girls I've come across all seemed to be gold diggers. These are the girls who fight to climb the social ladder and date men they think are high up on the ladder. But it's only to help advance themselves further up that ladder. Yes, I don't approve of this. No, I shouldn't judge them too harshly. But I honestly don't mind that much anymore because I just stay away from them. I just haven't been able to figure them out. when it comes to male SJs, it's a mixed bag because I have good friends who are SJs and people I absolutely loath. I've never met an ESTJ I liked, for example, but get along quite well with ISFJs. Go figure.

oh, and the fact that I'm a dude might make it different for you if you're female. Just throwing that disclaimer in there :laughing:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
SJ: POOR I cannot, for the life of me, understand these people. Not even to save my own life. I don't like my controlling SJ parents and it feels like a lot of SJs do things without really questioning why. Even if they don't like something or feel uncomfortable, they don't come out and say it because following norms and customs are far more important than expressing yourself, apparently. Rigid, is probably the word I'm going for.

But I honestly don't mind that much anymore because I just stay away from them. I just haven't been able to figure them out. when it comes to male SJs, it's a mixed bag because I have good friends who are SJs and people I absolutely loath. I've never met an ESTJ I liked, for example, but get along quite well with ISFJs. Go figure.
I think a lot of this is due to your dominant Ne as an ENFP. Si is pretty much the polar opposite of Ne, and ISxJ's have dominant Si while ESxJ's have auxiliary Si.

I've always thought that this article explains the functions very clearly and in a way that's easy to understand:

ENFP Wiki

When I read the Ne and Si sections, it greatly helped me to understand how ENTP's function, and I would imagine it's very similar for ENFP's. But I would imagine it would at least explain some of your frustrations with SJ's, especially ISTJ's.

I think the main thing to keep in mind is that the way you feel when someone tries to control you or make you feel rigid is the same way a dominant Si user feels when someone forces them to change their ways. In both cases, it's certainly possible, and sometimes it's even necessary. But, also in both cases, that doesn't make it easy.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it can't happen, and I always think that well-balanced people can learn to do things beyond their comfort zones. But at the same time you can't expect those comfort zones to change. I guess for me I can only explain it by saying that I function best and am happiest in life when I have consistency, know what to expect, and can prepare myself for it. Understanding that aspect about myself helped me a lot in realizing that everyone else is not like that, and it made it easier to try to expand my mind to see how dominant Ne users have a completely different way of being happy and enjoying life.

As for you getting along most with ISFJ's, I of course am happy to hear that. :happy: I would imagine that it's because we tend to enjoy making others happy and aren't as likely to be involved in conflict. ESTJ's certainly are a lot more strong-willed and more likely to fight hard for their beliefs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
NTs: well, i usually get along with NTs, but my dad, xNTJ, is driving me CRAZY! i really can't stand him! He's always FORCING me to this and that, always his way, but most other NTs are GREAT! I remember my first crush, a guy named Kai. Gosh he was so cute, all shy and reserved. I think he was INTx. Gosh, I wish all guys could be a little more like him! I really like NTs...

SPs: So fun! I find SPs interesting and fun. My best friend is ESFP and we've been best friends for almost 13 years! She's great, and I really like her, and most SPs are fun! ESxPs can be a bit too extroverted and flirty for me thou. I tend to get jealous because they seem to get so much attention with no effort! grrrr! but otherwise they're great!
I really feel that I can connect with SPs because of .. i don't really know, they're just great!

NFs: I enjoy spending time with NFs. I have a great INFP friend, and we're really close! I think I can talk with NFs really well, but sometimes it get's a bit too emotional. And too "spacey". I've had a few conversation that got totally out of hand, going crazy with weird theories and unrealistic stories. Once I was talking to my NF friend and we ended up talking about starting our own demonstration against animal cruelty. We made flyers and everything, but after a many hours of planning and work, we realized that it was pretty stupid. No one would show up, we were only 13... Reality check please?

SJs: I have a few SJ friends, but I find them superficial and a bit egoistic. I can't understand them fully either, it's like we speak different languages. I say "i don't feel like doing what you said, maybe we can do ... another day and do xxx" and they hear "I think your idea is stupid! let's do xxx!", when I really try to say " I really want to do this! I wanted to do xxx for a long time, maybe we can .. afterwards?" dammmnnn! or at least, that's what happens with my friends.
It's also annoying because they tend to think they're really good at everything, and know everything!my SJ friend once told me "Shut up! I know you better than you do, you're totally in loove with him!" well thanks!
On the other hand, they can be really good friends! help you when you need it!

I might just be weird! I have trouble being 100 % negative! I feel so evil, so even thou I don't really like SJs and prefer other types, I always have something nice to say!

Reactions: RobinsonCrusoe

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my SJ friend once told me "Shut up! I know you better than you do, you're totally in loove with him!"
HA! I hear this EVERY DAY from my parents (except for that last part).

"you sit down and stop talking! I know you better than you do. You think you're in love/majoring in philosophy/know what you're doing? HAH! don't make me laugh."

Why do they always say this? i wish i knew.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I know that i'm a total Dbag for coming in here bein' all INTJ-like. But fu** you!(not seriously)

SJs: It's not that difficult to understand why I trully dislike many SJs. And especially STJs. Always complaining about the day is my mother. Never caring about the possibilities for improvement! This is the case for most SJs it would seem.

SPs: While I do enjoy their undying sense of humor, this positive attitude of theirs can become very annoying if pushed in my face. And I love talking to ISFPs about conspiracy theories!!!

NFs: Unfortunately, I haven't had much experience with those of this nature. My grandmother and highschool crush are about it. haha. There's something to be said about their attitude though as it effortlessly boosts my spirits. I cannot explain this phenomenon however as its chemical complexity reaches beyond my grasp.(as of now)

NTs: Even my own people I've little experience with. My best friend is an INTJ though like me, arguements are inevitable. But as long as the other NT is reasonable... it is all in good nature. haha. ENTPs annoy the hell out of me just by their not paying attention to common sense! Even so... their abstract thought is always intriguing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
NT (Great as business partners and good for bouncing ideas off of): My mother and two of my ex's are NTs, so obviously I get along with them well... mostly. NTs often tend to be really apathetic toward everything, and their sarcasm can become insulting a lot of the time. The emotional barriers aren't hard for me to break, but I wish they cared about my emotions as well. There's also often an idea of "I'm better, therefore I deserve more." floating about them. It's really aggravating, because nothing really ends up being satisfactory. There's also a no remorse, no forgiveness kind of deal with them. My mother is notorious for her short temper and often basically saying "They can't provide enough, therefore fuck them." I'm pretty much the last person she keeps around all the time, and even I have my moments of being thrown off this boat. However, all and all, I rather like ENTPs the most, they make great business partners, INTPs are a fun ride with an emotional and unforgiving end, INTJs are interesting in their ways and I enjoy their type of sarcasm, and I've never met an ENTJ.

SP (Fun, full of life, cynical, and a wall I have issues breaking down. Challenging.): I'm currently seeing an SP, and my second family is half SPs, whom I love dearly. My SO SP is wonderful, brilliant, sensitive, sarcastic, romantic, and moody. He confuses the absolute hell out of me. I couldn't imagine loving anyone who wasn't this type... They're so intriguing and great. They're emotional barrier is a toughy to break down, but I'm going at it and breaking it down gently. My SP second-mom is quite the lady. Independent, self-determined, witty, and harsh on occasion. I love the woman, and admire her greatly. We have a healthy lovable rivalry of her giving me a hard time like she would her own kids, but me getting back with a somewhat witty response. She's has a tendency to say things that hurt the feelings of both me (And her ENFP son), that just seem normal to her, but I think it's just the fact that SPs are really really blunt. Her other son is also an SP, and he and I have a friendship based on teasing and being pests to each other. I love the natural competitiveness of SPs, and the fact that they are just so strong. They're probably my favorite temperaments along with NFs, ISTPs rock my world, challenge me mentally and emotionally, and are puzzles. ESTPs are strong, hilarious, blunt, and are generally kind of amazing. XSFPs are still a puzzle to me, but I can generally grasp a little more about them then they're XSTP relatives, and can talk a little deeper with them. They seem genuinely understanding, yet have very strong opinions on everything and aren't afraid to voice them. They're like ENFPs with bigger cajones. :laughing:

NFs (All of my closest friends. Drama queens, snugglers, leaders yet flexible, and nurturers.):
Being an NF, I could be the biggest critic on this temperament, and most of the time I am, but I genuinely love my NF buddies. ALL of my friends that I keep close are NFs (An ENFP and two INFPs to be exact), and they mean the world to me. My dad is an INFJ, and he really is a romantic, caring, nurturing, amazing, sensitive, over-emotional, sentimental guy. The same goes for an INFJ friend of mine. I love love love INFJs, and they always don't mind listening to you for a little while. ENFJs are exactly as described. They remind me of ENFPs with more fear of their feelings. They're leaders, personable, martyrs sometimes. ENFPs are a roller coaster. They make you angry, then you love them like it never happened. One in particular has kept my close all these years, and I love him to death. I often get annoyed with his drama queen behavior, and demands for unnecessary pity, but I don't know what I'd do with out him. He's basically part of me, and his opinions mean as much as either my mom or dad. We know exactly what the other is thinking, and can have entire conversations just with our eyes. It's pretty sweet. I've had crazy times with INFPs. My oldest friend is an INFP, and sarcastic to all hell, brilliant, opinionated, and damned hilarious. My other INFP friends is sweet, caring, blunt, yet nicely so. I need them to keep me in check. I did once know a really broken INFP though, and that is one thing I pray none of you encounter. it can go very very very bad. Like stalker bad. NFs can go crazy. Bat shit insane even. Remember to tell your NF you love them and talk them, and they'll be the best friends you can have.

SJs (What is this? I don't even...): I don't know what to say. I honestly don't. I don't really find myself around any type of SJ ever for extended amounts of time, and generally get frustrated when I do. They aren't for me. Too regulated, to stiff, too calculating. Nothing seems to flow. It's all very strict and they make me anxious.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
NT: Weird, but in a good way. I always have some sort of trouble getting along with NTs, but I always have very loyal friendships with these guys. One of my ENTP friends is at a really busy point in his life right now and lives in a separate state, but we always find time to reconnect when we're both online. However, I find his temper to be just a little grating.

The same thing goes for one of my other ENTP friends. We live right across the hall from each other, and we are constantly hanging out, but he can be obnoxious because he loves to argue about everything, and he's convinced he's right unless there's absolute, definitive proof that he's utterly wrong.

NF: Usually a very good and very deep relationship. My ENFP friend and I get along very well, despite having polar opposite views. He's a Christian, I'm an atheist; he's conservative-leaning, I'm liberal-leaning; he loves learning about the past, I love learning about the future; etc.

SP: Close, but not too close. I think both of my exes are SPs (ISTP and ISFP), but I'm not absolutely certain. The ISTP relationship was very physically-oriented, and that kind of exploded and now we're just very casual friends. My ISFP ex (which this is pure speculation, anyhow) was also physically-oriented, HOWEVER, once it got to a certain point, she absolutely thought our relationship was meaningless; even though I cared for her and was very much emotionally involved.

SJ: Introvert: good. Extrovert: *must destroy* I have an ISTJ friend who's very shy, but nice to talk to. It's not the most interesting conversation in the world, but she is intelligent and generally a fun person to be around. Now, there was an ES(T/F)J in my high school class, and she was the most arrogant, conceited, fake, annoying person EVER.

Even my ESTJ mom, who I still love and appreciate, can get annoying with her presumptuous behavior and actions. The most annoying thing has to be the constant mentioning of my exes, with updates on each one of them from Facebook. "Did you see what she did?", "Why would you do that?", "Isn't that dumb?" (In my head, "WHY WON'T YOU BE QUIET?!"). I usually have to nod my head until she moves on or I get a chance to say, "We've moved on."

Reactions: PulpFictionFan

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
NT: Wonderfully

NF: Great

SP: Depends. I usually get along with the feeling ones better than I do the thinking ones.

SJ: God awful

·
Registered
77 Posts
NF: faaaabulous!!! ENFJs are my favorite people in the whole wide world. I just LOVE THEM.
SP: boring, but at least they're not offensive.
SJ: stupid. stupid, stupid, stupid. I really try to refrain from calling people stupid, but every single one of them has just been completely daft and ignorant and I just don't even understand how they have friends. do not want.
NT: I am SO FLIPPIN ATTRACTED to NTs. they are so sharp and witty and well-spoken and it turns me onnnnn. :shocked: unfortunately, I have a hard time dealing with criticism frequently, and they have a habit of picking people apart until they break. so. as attracted to them as I am, I can't handle their sarcasm well, and I end up with hurt feelings pretty often :frustrating:

Reactions: Azwan

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
NF: faaaabulous!!! ENFJs are my favorite people in the whole wide world. I just LOVE THEM.
SP: boring, but at least they're not offensive.
SJ: stupid. stupid, stupid, stupid. I really try to refrain from calling people stupid, but every single one of them has just been completely daft and ignorant and I just don't even understand how they have friends. do not want.
NT: I am SO FLIPPIN ATTRACTED to NTs. they are so sharp and witty and well-spoken and it turns me onnnnn. :shocked: unfortunately, I have a hard time dealing with criticism frequently, and they have a habit of picking people apart until they break. so. as attracted to them as I am, I can't handle their sarcasm well, and I end up with hurt feelings pretty often :frustrating:
So just out of curiousity...How have the SJ's in your life been stupid? Please elaborate.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So just out of curiousity...How have the SJ's in your life been stupid? Please elaborate.
It's like they don't even operate in reality. It's really hard to describe. Many of them come off very opinionated and well-studied, but after having dug a little deeper into a conversation with them, they haven't a clue what they're talking about. They've always come off very brash and just... unintelligent. Like I said, I can't really describe it. They give off a terrible vibe. This is just my experience, though, but it does seem like many ENFPs don't like SJ types.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
It's like they don't even operate in reality. It's really hard to describe. Many of them come off very opinionated and well-studied, but after having dug a little deeper into a conversation with them, they haven't a clue what they're talking about. They've always come off very brash and just... unintelligent. Like I said, I can't really describe it. They give off a terrible vibe. This is just my experience, though, but it does seem like many ENFPs don't like SJ types.
I don't know about that, but in my experience they usually are very closed minded. They believe that there is ONE way to do everything and that everyone else's way of doing things is wrong. This is just what I have mostly experienced with the SJs

·
Registered
77 Posts
They believe that there is ONE way to do everything and that everyone else's way of doing things is wrong.
Hmm. That's been my experience with many NT types, particularly INTJs. But I can see how SJ types could come off like that, too.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Hmm. That's been my experience with many NT types, particularly INTJs. But I can see how SJ types could come off like that, too.
No the INTJ's haven't been so as bad for me. I think it's because they use Ni which allows a person to see things from multiple perspectives.

Reactions: jack london

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Wow, I seem to be the only one doing well with ESTJs. All the ESTJs my age that I meet become hyper-loyal to me after we get to know each other. They seem flat out amazed by what Ne and Fi can do together. Really, I do end up spending a lot of time in trying to keep their relationships in order, but it keeps me stimulated and keeps them happy. Likewise, they somehow help me be more efficient in life, which is direly needed.

If I had to guess, I'd say the types that I have the most trouble "connecting" to are xSFJs and ISxPs, but I only say this because I can't think of any out of my circle of friends.

Reactions: Modal Soul

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Wow, I seem to be the only one doing well with ESTJs. All the ESTJs my age that I meet become hyper-loyal to me after we get to know each other. They seem flat out amazed by what Ne and Fi can do together. Really, I do end up spending a lot of time in trying to keep their relationships in order, but it keeps me stimulated and keeps them happy. Likewise, they somehow help me be more efficient in life, which is direly needed.

If I had to guess, I'd say the types that I have the most trouble "connecting" to are xSFJs and ISxPs, but I only say this because I can't think of any out of my circle of friends.
No if I had to pick an SJ to be around, I'd pick ESTJ. They aren't THAT bad.

·
Registered
272 Posts
lol i really like that thread it curious usually i get along with every 1 you just seem to have really bad relation with all sj why i mean we aint all bad booring fellow i think :D

and i really want to learn more about you guys your the opposite of me and i think that why you are so fun

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
lol i really like that thread it curious usually i get along with every 1 you just seem to have really bad relation with all sj why i mean we aint all bad booring fellow i think :D

and i really want to learn more about you guys your the opposite of me and i think that why you are so fun
You don't seem that bad. You might actually be the one ISTJ that I actually wind up liking.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.