Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have plenty of homework and exams to study for, but here I am doing everything else than what I'm supposed to do..Funny thing is that I want to be a professor/scientist in the future but how the hell is that going to be possible when I lack the discipline and focus to even graduate from High School!! Is there even any chance that I'll ever reach my goals? :unsure:

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
You still have a lot of self-management improvements to make if you are still in high school.

Don't worry too much about it. I've seen academics who appear a mess from the outside, but they are still able to be productive. You'd actually be surprised how inconsistent academics are- because if you want respect as one, you're pretty much working on your own time. It's more like being a writer (you're publishing theses/articles/books,etc.) than anything.

I'm also the worst procrastinator you've ever met, but if you're an ENFP it's likely you like me work best under pressure, which is how I've come this far. This is the first of four days I have left to do two 3000 word essays, and I'm sat here writing to you haha. I'm not too worried cos I'm averaging a good mark in my degree and I know what I'm doing.

Obviously try as much as possible to be productive, but as long as your methods are getting you the marks don't worry too much about it. Quality work is more about personal management than time management- i.e. you can allow yourself some procrastination as long as you know you can get the result.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What I've tried to do is learn that there are some things you have to do.
Do them, get them done, get it over with. I look forward to the feeling of not having to do it later.

It's hard, I have an essay due today in about 2 hours, but I'm on here. But I'll get it done, probably..
Just try your hardest to focus! It's hard but keep at it.

Reactions: Jellow
1 - 3 of 3 Posts