Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're called "creators" and "artists".
How do you get things done? I know ISFPs aren't famous for getting things done. All I seem to do is switch between different ideas, not knowing what I want, and being to scared to do things I might have done if I was more of an E. But my "art" of choice is in my head all the time, and have been for like 10 years or as long as I can remember. But I can't seem to be creative with it and let it out in any good way. Maybe it's because I'm afraid I'll be unsuccessful and then lose my passion.

Or, if that was a weird question, I have another one. What motivates you to be artist and be creative? And what is your goal with it?

I know, those are pretty much the same questions. Cheers!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just do it, i don't even know why, i have tried to find some rational explanations for my creativity, but creativity isn't much of a rational thing, it's something that comes out of your soul or something like that.
I don't reckon, that i loose my track while being creative. When i get in the mood, i start working very rapidly and i don't think about the process, i just finish my thing.

I think that your mind must be clear from all the chatter and everyday bull, when you stop hearing your thoughts, that's when you are on the go.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I did many art projects growing up, but then I let school work get in the way. Even when I found I had spare time again, I became worried that people would judge me for spending my time doing something "unproductive" or childish.

Whenever I found myself feeling stressed or down, though, I'd hide in my room and draw something- whatever struck me at the moment. I always felt better afterwards, so that kind of got me back into art projects. I've learned to just do whatever I feel like and not worry about being judged. It's my life, after all, so why should I care about others' opinons?

Like Sanity said, just go for it! I mean, even if it doesn't turn out as good as you hoped, just toss it and move onto your next idea. You have nothing to lose.:happy:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I create for my own enjoyment, I don´t do it for attention or money. I´de just rather be alone working on something than doing whatever normal people do because creating something from scratch is far more interesting to me. Once I get in my groove it becomes hypnotic and the time just flies as I become mesmerized by what unfolds in front of me. If I don´t feel like creating I force myself to get started which by itself tends to trigger ideas. Or I get inspiration from something I saw or heard and start that way. If I feel it sucks then I get frustrated and quit.. but it´s always temporary so I don´t think you have to worry about permanently losing your passion.

I learned to not feel bad about half finished projects, you just have to follow the muse wherever it goes. I have plenty of things that I started and never progressed much beyond that. I have projects that were close to completion then I just got bored with them and stopped. If I like how something is progressing then I will (probably) finish it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whenever I found myself feeling stressed or down, though, I'd hide in my room and draw something- whatever struck me at the moment. I always felt better afterwards, so that kind of got me back into art projects.

Yeah, feels like so much better after doing something on your own, doing art is like kind of a meditation, you feel a lot calmer after finishing something.

·
Registered
383 Posts
For me my creative outlet is music, I play the piano. When I get in the "feeling" and my fingers start moving on their own, that's pure orgasm for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For me, it's writing in my journal. It's not even technically an art, since I'm not intentionally writing anything artistic in it most of the time. I just vent and write stream of concious. It interferes with school and other things that are considered productive. I'm not even really creating anything, I do it just to get by and I hate it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, this isn't creative writing. It's just... excessive journaling. Like literally just writing down everything that happens, even unimportant things. And venting the same things over and over in it. It's just plain not healthy.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah, feels like so much better after doing something on your own, doing art is like kind of a meditation, you feel a lot calmer after finishing something.
Exactly. More so when it's creativity outside ur chosen field. i write. but when i can finish a painting just the way i want to, that gives me such release! It's beautiful.
And in reply to the original thread-starter--- I know what you mean. Sometimes the ideas stay inside my head becoz im scared that if i follow through, maybe, just maybe, my passion for it will go away. And i don't want that. But still i don't let that stop me. coz if it's meant to happen, it will happen.:proud:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It happens Sanity. We lose it at times. *nod*:bored:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts