Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By that I mean I recently saw a post on another website. This post said

"congrats, you've said the same thing the other 50 uchiha Apps have said.

You haven't said how, why, or what you intend to do.

As far as I'm concerned, you're just the typical RPer(the other 50 applications) who want to be Uchiha with no real plan."

In short, people apply for something for entertainment purposes without their character planned out and this response comes out.

Personally, I think plans are nice to have, but changes can occur, and the plan could quickly go bad, or fail, or whatever. Just because you have a plan, doesn't mean everything will go right. If everyone's plan went their way, then what's the point of even having this game. And if this were applied to reality, I'm pretty sure the whole universe would collapse in on itself.

P.S.:I was not involved in the post or the topic, but I felt the need to share this.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I plan everything except when things ought to be spontaenous which is rare or it happens sometimes in social interactions.

Ti-Ne helps me to see and organize the plans, see the possible outcomes and have always a backup plan until certain point.

I hate surprises. Did I say that?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I plan out all my personal obsessions that I want to get around to, so I do them "properly", if you will.
Planning social interactions though? No thanks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I love making plans. I also did it a lot in my childhood (like "how to get rid of my friends" :p). However I rarely follow them through after I planned them out (so I always had friends...).

I also like to be prepared for everything or just explore all possibilities out of curiosity (what would happen if...), it also gives me a secure feeling. However it rarely comes out like I planned and in the end I'm often improvising (but it's important to know at least the big picture of the situation. What it's all about. Then I can improvise the details). That's stressful but I'm not too bad at it, I often do this in exams for example or presentations.

And I like the adventure and change (not so much the surprise). It like I already understood the situation if I planned it out, so it's boring to actually do it.
I also like to do longterm plans like what I want to reach in my life, or in 10 years. Will it really happen? who knows...

All in all I get great satisfaction from planning but it's painful if you have to follow them.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I make plans, but that doesn't oblige me to follow them, or to have them set in stone (and the plans always change).

And even so, plans are the exception, not the rule; half the reason I keep hiking provisions in my car is because I'll be doing nothing and decide (randomly) that I need to hike through that park I'm about to pass.

In fact, my view on plans lines up perfectly with my views on outlining stories before you write them: in some story, I'll write out an outline. However, that outline will always be loose, be limited to a series of destinations with no instructions on how to get there (basically letting my characters figure out how to get there), and, if the story someone travels beyond even the loose parameters I set for the story, is subject to change. And that's a relatively recent phenomenon; I originally never wrote an outline and basically told my characters "wander that way; the ending is somewhere there)-and I'll still write that way (my outlining is less about making my story keep to the trail and see all the sights and more about making sure it doesn't spend too much time lost in the woods).

·
Registered
121 Posts
If I am simply going out, I think things go best unplanned, so I try to not get too specific when thinking about what I am going to do. I am cool with changing plans last minute; acting spontaneously is always the most exciting, but I definitely hate flakes. I try to avoid canceling on someone the day of. In terms of my workload, I am pretty bad with scheduling that out and following through with it. I tend to just get everything done last minute. Also, trying to plan out my future is the worst. Thinking that I do not know exactly what I am going to do tends to make me nervous. I try to know what direction I am headed, but life tends to be unpredictable. I think it is just more adventurous and full of experience that way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see a plan as nothing more than a vehicle to get me from where I am now to exactly where I want to be at a specific time in the future

My plan must have a deadline and sub-deadlines if necessary. After all, a plan without a specific deadline is merely a wish

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great responses so far!

·
Registered
29,051 Posts
I avoid plans because I do not have the information available at any given time to make certain plans. I also keep them to myself so if any else has anything to say about them my plans are void.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I don't like surprises very much but making plans stresses me out, it makes me think of stuff like "what if this goes wrong" . For that reason I prefer to improvise most of the time.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
There are times I decide to make plans to counteract behavioral tendencies that will get in the way of doing things I need to do. For instance, no matter when or what happens to me in the day, I have to wake up 2 hours before I do anything productive to just slowly wake up, feel free and get in the frame of mind that I care about anything else. Otherwise I will have this subconscious resentment at everyone and everything that will underlie the rest of the day.

I do not like to make plans that far into the future though, I'm very skeptical of who I will be and what I will think 2 or even 3 months from now. Yes experience says I really won't change all that much, and if it has to do with fundamental interests that won't go away then yeah ok I can kind of plan. But if I have to put on my calendar some random wedding to go to 3 months from now - it might as well not exist to me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I make rough plans of what I plan to do at the beginning of each day and I don't set a time limit on them. They often change cause most of the time, I don't feel like doing something or an unexpected situation comes up.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Malleable.

Note my inability to "get" people who cannot see pans as malleable (let alone not knowing what the word malleable means) is a big reason why I don't make plans with a lot of people *shrug*

It's also why I practically ever make plans. It's not super-healthy, but something something the best-laid plans whatever waste and all that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts