Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked waaaaay into the back through all the pages and I couldn't find one that relates to this so I'll just go for it. I was just wondering what you guys thought of us, whether you've met an ENFJ in real life or on the internet -shrugs- I'm just wondering :laughing:

·
Banned
160 Posts
I know a couple of ENFJ girls and we get along great. We don't click like best friends would, but every so often when I do see them we have really good conversations and I like them just fine :happy:. I have never come across any male ENFJs if you are looking more for a romantic perspective.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well my sister is an ENFJ and we have a very good relationship! We disagree on a lot of things yes but I adapt well and make sure we dont head butt since it wont be pretty! and I never saw an ENFJ back off before :D

Generally speaking the two function very differently, but I still like your visions. Since I almost lack it!

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
The type is not very common. The few I have known that have been emotionally healthy individuals have been fine. I've known a couple that were emotionally unhealthy and they were basket cases, but that's to be expected of any type. I believe an ENFJ is one of the best fits for an ISTJ.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
I have a male ENFJ coworker. We get along really well. I'm quite surprised. He knows how I do things, and doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Example: Last Friday morning, I opened the blinds when it got to be daylight. Someone had gone down the road during the overnight hours and hit a kitten with a car. Unfortunately, the kitten had been killed. Anyhow, given that I lost my own cat recently, my reaction wasn't pleasant. Somehow, the residents at the shelter that I work got it all turned around and the story ended up being that I'd seen a mouse, and the maintenance man set traps on my days off.

Anyhow, when I went back to work last night, he told me this. He ALSO stated that he knew it was false BECAUSE he knew me well enough to know that if in fact it WAS a mouse, I would have made SURE to have logged it in our logbook and not simply let word of mouth carry the news back to him. I had to laugh at that, because that is SO true.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I consider the ENFJ tagline "The Giver" most apt: but I also think it's easy for them to feel under-appreciated, i.e. that they give more than they receive. I want to tell them that it's okay to put themselves first! I admire their warmth, leadership and perception (when it's not directed at me!), but I find their dramatic flair, tendency to smother and occasional closed-mindedness exhausting.

My Mum is an ENFJ. We had a somewhat difficult relationship in my early teenage years, because neither of us would compromise or try to understand the other. She is prone to overreact (IMO), and under-plan. She is imprecise, and I abhor imprecision. She's a social butterfly, and drastically overestimated my social capacity. It didn't help that her love language is 1) quality time 2) physical touch; mine is 1) gifts 2) acts of service! Basically she would smother me with affection and concern, and I would withdraw further.

One area where she helped me tremendously is in organisation: she's pro at setting up the systems and structures that I need, but can't always create. We also share a love for beautiful spaces: a place for everything and everything in its place. I admire her creativity, optimism, charisma, self-confidence and selflessness, and she admires my diligence. Now, I can honestly say that she's my best friend. In addition, whenever we work together we create huge synergies.

It is a give and take process: for my part, I have to allow Mum to create the close relationship that she needs by regularly making time for her and accepting her affection. In return, she provides me with support and unconditional positive regard. This is a very shallow analysis, but it's my take on my closest ENFJ/ISTJ relationship. :blushed:

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Those feelings they got there are given such emphasis that its almost considered a radical view when compared to myself. My father is something close to an ENFJ if not an ENFJ (I haven't studied the very similar types enough to know) and we get along great but we are too different to really get each other, which is nothing new for most types. They get a real kick out of being loved and showing affection. I consider them our greatest suspect of provoking the ghastly uncomfortable hug! I admire them very much for living for others to such an extent, but I also think the reliance makes them to be too vulnerable for the same reason. Working in a restaurant these people are some of the best servers, and enjoy their job from what I can tell.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Those feelings they got there are given such emphasis that its almost considered a radical view when compared to myself. My father is something close to an ENFJ if not an ENFJ (I haven't studied the very similar types enough to know) and we get along great but we are too different to really get each other, which is nothing new for most types. They get a real kick out of being loved and showing affection. I consider them our greatest suspect of provoking the ghastly uncomfortable hug! I admire them very much for living for others to such an extent, but I also think the reliance makes them to be too vulnerable for the same reason. Working in a restaurant these people are some of the best servers, and enjoy their job from what I can tell.
Mum and I may not fully understand each other, but we no longer make assumptions either. ENFJs might hug you, but not if they're aware of your personal bubble - and they can generally tell if you're uncomfortable when they're demonstrative. But mainly what they're looking for is reciprocity. They are vulnerable and can be insecure, which is partly why they need more personal time than other Extroverted types (I think this makes it easier for them to relate to Introverts).

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
INFP strikes me as a good match for ENFJ. INFPs so deep, more introverted, and feeling oriented like ENFJ to be sensitive to one and other.

My ENFJ coworker is EXTREMELY aware of and respectful of my personal space. He's very insightful; I am grateful for it in my own way.
I was just pointing out their touchy feely nature didn't mean to imply they don't catch on to that stuff. Got an uncomfortable hug from an ENFJ because I help her like crazy, and she learned from what I can tell.

·
Registered
335 Posts
my other half is a walking CPU ENFJ. so intelligent, humourous, kind and generous! also, our natal charts are compatible.

i don't really know what other MB types are compatible with mine, but i do know exactly who i get on well with astrologically. (i got into astrology before this MB thingie :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love ENFJs...

According to the socionics theory, ISTJ and ENFJ are supposed to be the best match.

Their general interaction: The ENFJ is in doubt, but the ISTJ reassures him with his reliability. On the other hand, the ISTJs needs an extra "push" to get excited about life, which the ENFJ does really well.

More info on it here: ISTj/ENFj duality description - the16types.info Socionics Forums

This, of course, is much more apparent after long, close interaction.

Tell me what you guys think...

Too bad the ISTJ and ENFJ hardly notice each other when they encounter each other... :sad:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I love ENFJs...

According to the socionics theory, ISTJ and ENFJ are supposed to be the best match.

Their general interaction: The ENFJ is in doubt, but the ISTJ reassures him with his reliability. On the other hand, the ISTJs needs an extra "push" to get excited about life, which the ENFJ does really well.

More info on it here: ISTj/ENFj duality description - the16types.info Socionics Forums

This, of course, is much more apparent after long, close interaction.

Tell me what you guys think...

Too bad the ISTJ and ENFJ hardly notice each other when they encounter each other... :sad:
As I stated earlier, *I* believe this to be possibly the best match.

Reactions: Sela
1 - 20 of 22 Posts