Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been curious about this - and I see there's one for ENFJs so I thought I'd make one for us, too. :proud: Whether it's online or IRL, how do you view INFJs? and what are your initial thoughts on them when you didn't know them as well? IRL, ISTJs and I seem to mutually kind of gravitate towards each other or at least seem to spot each other or view each other as interesting.

Since I started this thread, I will add my thoughts. Usually ISTJs seek me out first - they spend some time observing me beforehand. They show some kind of interest in my mannerisms or individuality, which they comment on later when they know me better. For me, I start becoming interested because I start becoming aware of their interest and channeled attention on me, and I start becoming curious about their mannerisms and what I see as their individuality. This was how it's been for me and ISTJ friends.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
I have an INFJ coworker. We get along pretty well, although it took us a LONG time (like YEARS) to be comfortable with each other. Now we can talk about things fairly easily, but it took us both a long time to get there.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
After reading their characteristics I just don't get them. Don't know a single INFJ in real life. Whats their main drive? I'll read a more on the forum, maybe.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I kind of know an INFJ through a friend. I've only talked to her online and she lives several states away. She seems pretty weird to me. And I get a vibe of her being "too nice" and afraid to say anything that could be taken as criticism.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
After reading a bit more about the INFJ, I'm really surprised they're typed as enneagram 1's in a large minority, I guess that J plays a role in that vote count. The type 4 seems very fitting for their aims.

Quiet, artsy, creative, intellectuals.

·
Registered
65 Posts
To me, they seem very quiet, peaceful, and mysterious at a glance. After getting to know them, they come across to me as deep thinking visionaries who see things from a long term perspective. They also have a weird, unique side to them that I appreciate, but don't fully understand. I seem to get mutual respect with the ones I've met.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I get a vibe of her being "too nice" and afraid to say anything that could be taken as criticism.
Agreed. I find that while my INFJ friend has high expectations of herself and others (which I appreciate), she shies away from conflict and criticism. Sometimes it gets in the way of getting the best result - we have different priorities!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a close INFJ friend.

She has strongly held values/beliefs. Definitely much more emotional than me, I'm the one usually giving the rational/logical advice to help combat her feeling-influenced mindset. I also rely on her to give me the more 'emotional' view so it works out. She also thinks long-term and daydreams about her future while I pretty much just think about the 'now' and not the future. I also pretty much never daydream. She definitely shies away from conflict when compared to me (not that I go seeking it, I'm just prepared to confront it if needed while she would probably try to avoid it / escape the situation). She is also fine with distance / doesn't feel the need to constantly communicate with me to 'reinforce the friendship' which is pretty awesome.

I don't remember who approached who first. I probably did and it would have been because we share very similar values (trustworthy, nice, don't engage in negative gossip/backstabbing) and are both quiet sort of people (I can identify more with Introverts).

How much of her personality/traits are attributed to her INFJ personality I don't know. For me, her introverted, feeling and judging traits were pretty obvious. Not sure about the intuition part though (I know she is INFJ because she took a test).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts