Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also tend to see systems in terms of how they relate to a dual nature in the universe. Understanding what is opposite usually leads to connections. For example, understanding the subjective leads us to understanding what's right in the objective. Or understanding the darkness leads us to understand the light
(I posted this somewhere in a thread...)

Personally, how do you improve the way you analyze systems? (Maybe it's partly to do with how you would answer in a 'how do you improve your thinking' thread)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I start at one end, find a completely unconnected topic, and work through the information to see how they connect, acquiring a relatively proficient understanding of both topics at the same time.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
"If You Can't Explain it Simply, You Don't Understand It Well Enough" - Albert Einstein
First you need to understand a complex idea, then move forward to explaining it the biggest idiot you know with a trivial example.

If you have that abstract / critical thinking you have it and it evolves as you use it, if you don't have it I do not believe it's trainable. I think whether or not people reach the stage of abstract and critical thinking is related to their IQ and/or whether or not the individuals chooses to make actual use of it.

The more complex systems you understand, the easier it becomes to see incognito system, though they're as obvious they could be. Society for example is nothing more but a giant clockwork. Everything is a clockwork, you just have to have the ability to connect pieces appropriately and correctly.

Not sure whether or not that's personality type specific, however I'd say it's more of a Thinker thing to do rather than persons with heavy feeling preferences.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you're serious, study control and chaos theory.
Control theory was my minor in undergrad study (electrical engineering). I didn't learn about chaos theory in college.

It's a complex subject. You can understand how society and financial system works at a high level. It's not that different compared to natural system.

I'll name a few important topics:
- Stability and Feedback (Controllability)
- Stochastic Process
- Filtering
- Fourier Analysis (for signal processing)
- Discrete / Continuous system
- Black Box system analysis (given output and input, analyze the system)

You need to be good at math though. To fully understand it.
I'm not saying I'm good at math. I just know that's the basic skill in analyzing system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts