Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Read Only
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to how INFJ's test out their potential friends or romantic interests.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,546 Posts
You just toss the person into the sample vat that is our lives and you play the wait-and-see game to see if the addition of that person into the vat causes toxic overspill or bad reactions. If they taint the concoction, pour out the sample vat with the multi-cellular compound and never utilize that compound again and reject doing business with his or her vendor. Take extensive notes accordingly.

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
Watch for their pH level

·
Read Only
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You just toss the person into the sample vat that is our lives and you play the wait-and-see game to see if the addition of that person into the vat causes toxic overspill or bad reactions. If they taint the concoction, pour out the sample vat with the multi-cellular compound and never utilize that compound again and reject doing business with his or her vendor. Take extensive notes accordingly.
Care to share any specific examples of when you personally conduct such a test?

·
Registered
111 Posts
When someone finally write a moderately fair topic, you guys have to fuck it with these wannabe funny misinterpretations. I seriously don't get why you guys pretending to be more retarded than you already are.
Probably if the post were about relationship problems, you would already writing your shitty overgeneralized, pseudo intellectual advices.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,085 Posts
I'm not quite sure I follow exactly... what do you mean by "test"? You mean like testing their loyalty? Or testing something else? Testing their potential?
As far as I'm aware I don't really conduct tests against people I would trust enough to call my friend or partner. If I was wanting to test them then something is wrong.

Then again, I have wanted to "test" someone's knowledge before... but that's nothing serious, I just wanted to hear their perspective and information.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Testing people? This sounds more like an ENFJ thing than an INFJ thing.

I don't really feel the need to test people, because people are easy to read for me. I instinctively know who is trustworthy and who is not.
My gut feelings about people is rarely wrong either.

You wouldn't be able to guess the amount of information I'm able to intuit about people just by looking into their eyes.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't feel as if I test anyone, trust is what matters to me. If I get a bad off vibe about them, I don't think I'll open up to them.
Anytime I feel uncomfortable around someone, I'm usually quiet and don't say a lot. My friends are the ones who know the real me.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I agree that testing is more of an extrovert behaviour. You are essentially inviting conflict. I mainly observe and work with what is there. Life itself naturally tests the subject. I may also make a mistake in how to say or word something and it produces new data from their reactions. Sometimes this mistake is done intuitively to be honest--that's as far i go with tests.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
When someone finally write a moderately fair topic, you guys have to fuck it with these wannabe funny misinterpretations. I seriously don't get why you guys pretending to be more retarded than you already are.
Probably if the post were about relationship problems, you would already writing your shitty overgeneralized, pseudo intellectual advices.
Well you see that is the difference between inductive and deductive approach. My inductive approach is basically I will do/say some shit and see what will happen.

Your approach is deductive since you already have a "hypothesis" what would happen or want to happen if someone posted a relationship problem.

INTJ test people...for real. I used to read their forum before and they said that themselves. Your shitty reaction shows that you could have strong Te but its only because you have activated my trap card.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well you see that is the difference between inductive and deductive approach. My inductive approach is basically I will do/say some shit and see what will happen.

Your approach is deductive since you already have a "hypothesis" what would happen or want to happen if someone posted a relationship problem.

INTJ test people...for real. I used to read their forum before and they said that themselves. Your shitty reaction shows that you could have strong Te but its only because you have activated my trap card.
This all, has nothing to do with the fact, that you and some other retards intentionally misunderstand a very simple question, just to be "funny". I called out the phenomenon, that you do this here, where there is a topic, where people can talk about something, unlike most of the post on this forum, like "tea" and relationship problems, but I didn't saw any wannabe funny comment in the mentioned topics.

You say that you just say something and see what will happen....now what do you think, what the fck can be happen, when you pretending to be a retard, while don't answer to the actual question? Do you think the person who wrote this post, wrote it because they wanted to read your extremely crappy jokes? No, they wrote it because they wanted actual answers to their question. If you cannot be useful, then shut the fuck up, and get out.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't say I test people, though I do try to explain their behavior. I mean I always try to offer the best or most appropriate response to people that I feel capable of, I don't deliberately say or do something out of the ordinary just to see how they'll react. I do pay attention to their reactions to my behavior though and incorporate that into my understanding of the situation.

·
Read Only
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I wouldn't say I test people, though I do try to explain their behavior. I mean I always try to offer the best or most appropriate response to people that I feel capable of, I don't deliberately say or do something out of the ordinary just to see how they'll react. I do pay attention to their reactions to my behavior though and incorporate that into my understanding of the situation.
To all the ones that posted a kind response...Thank you. To all you that posted foul and nasty, hateful replies...I was simply curious and feel bad that you turned it into something ugly and mean. Its too bad your immediate response is negative. It does seem that lately...Thats all I see on this forum, so Im done here. But wish the best for all you kind INFJ's that look on the bright side, Your awesome.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This all, has nothing to do with the fact, that you and some other retards intentionally misunderstand a very simple question, just to be "funny". I called out the phenomenon, that you do this here, where there is a topic, where people can talk about something, unlike most of the post on this forum, like "tea" and relationship problems, but I didn't saw any wannabe funny comment in the mentioned topics.

You say that you just say something and see what will happen....now what do you think, what the fck can be happen, when you pretending to be a retard, while don't answer to the actual question? Do you think the person who wrote this post, wrote it because they wanted to read your extremely crappy jokes? No, they wrote it because they wanted actual answers to their question. If you cannot be useful, then shut the fuck up, and get out.
Calm down. (Subject 1 has anger issues)

·
Banned
100 Posts
I look at their soul and how this aligns with myself and my values, then I do the same to their friends and acquaintances. I distance people accordingly. Active testing almost always produce by-products and contamination, passive observation yield the best results.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,546 Posts
Care to share any specific examples of when you personally conduct such a test?
To be honest, I don't even realize I am testing them. The "test" builds and modifies itself as the attempt at inclusion progresses. I just have a general approach of "be amicable, but keep at arms length" until I gradually feel safe enough to feel vulnerable. Nasty people don't have patience. The longer period of time I'm exposed to them and more frequently, the more their true colors come to the surface and I adjust my personal approach accordingly. Opinions from your and the other individual's family, friends and especially pets are key factors to getting a fuller multidimensional perspective of how that person fits into your world and how you are fitting into theirs.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,546 Posts
For example, early on when my current S.O. and I were dating. He and I kept at arms length as we revolved into each other's worlds. Like two celestial bodies being pulled by each other's gravity. He introduced me to his parents and his pets. He made it a point to see how I handled his family's dogs knowing I had a dog and cats myself. Then he introduced me to his friends and his extended family. Especially his three year old nephew at that time. I used a similar approach, but I introduced him to my Einy (schnoodle terrier mix) first. Then my family and other pets. Then friends. Similar humor and compatible interests and similar values have made a more stable bond. But their were achievements to unlock. The opinions of the people and pets in our worlds had weight by default. Even though it wasn't the be all end all.

I've never really thought about my own processes much with friendships. Most of my friendships are just me and the other person. Almost never do they interact with my family. I wouldn't say I would see friendships as expendable, but friendships don't have the same social bond as family/spouse. I either like the person on a treasured amicable level that warrants some care and consideration from me and call them friend or see them in a neutral light and strive to maintain an amicable acquaintanceship. A very deeply held moral or value has to be crossed to warrant my disdain. Sometimes I don't know what that is until the situation or person triggers it. Some of my past "friendships" can be seen as questionable due to the associated reputations of the "friend" and my psychological curiosity to understand their world.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,546 Posts
A couple of years back, when I was a bit more active on here, my humor was nurtured more by the NTPs on this forum. From what I've gathered from some of the posts you've responded to on your profile, just as you are expanding on your fourth function of Fi, I am expanding on my third function of Ti. I was quite comfortable as a guest among the NTPs. I miss their thread invasions. It was quite glorious despite us NFs having our art galleries virtually raided.

Fe is about understanding and constructing a social lattice through the observation of overall social emotional flow. Follow that up with our Rick Sanchez function of Ti and some of us will take a small liberty attempting to make humor trying to apply pseudo psycho (subjective) intellectual smartassery. No ill intent is ever meant. But for those who choose to be personally offended sometimes make me wonder if they deserve their self-imposed sentiment.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts