Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the INFJ's out there: how do you initiate a conversation with a person that you've just met? I'm not talking about shyness, but more about what should you talk about in those situations. There's this girl in my class that I'm dying to know about, but I just can't think of anything to say to start knowing each other. I'm absolutely inept about things such as small-talk, so...yeah, it doesn't look good haha

So tell me, what strategies do you all use to get over this initial phase of awkwardness? Any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I am literally in almost the exact same situation.

lol.
the girl I want to talk to comes off as a buisness executive type, but she seems so interesting.
anyway... she is always on the run and trying to slow her down to talk to her just feels impossible.
however she does find my unique thoughts intriguing. I can tell.
mainly because I surprised her, and I think she finds reality predictable.

anyway.
hopefully you and this girl get to continue to play this mysterious cat and mouse tag. she perks your interests, you perk hers...
everyone is fantasizing.

thats one of the best parts to pre-relationship.
talking and realizing is nice too though. I bet she finds you intriguing if anything. <3

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
whenever she is close but not looking poke her on the side and abruptly say "poke!" then run away laughing wildly muahahaha

... no, bad Ne! *beats her Ne into submission*

erm, well you go to same class together so here is a common topic that you can have small talk about
ask her a question, may be something she can help you with? can be something simple like asking her for a pen and be polite, then a few days later ask her something class related, then just build it up over small things over several days

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whenever she is close but not looking poke her on the side and abruptly say "poke!" then run away laughing wildly muahahaha

... no, bad Ne! *beats her Ne into submission*

erm, well you go to same class together so here is a common topic that you can have small talk about
ask her a question, may be something she can help you with? can be something simple like asking her for a pen and be polite, then a few days later ask her something class related, then just build it up over small things over several days
That's actually not a bad idea. That poking thing is too much for me but I can do the borrowing-the-pencil situation. *ponders* ...I might need you for later Vel haha

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am so bad at this. Yet I feel this compulsion to make people comfortable.

Sometimes I just feel like people think of me a certain way (dumb?) just because I am trying to be nice. I do it for them, niceness, I don't want anyone to feel discluded. It doesn't feel natural for me either, but have started to wonder if I should just keep my mouth shut.

I fear these situations sometimes. Like I'm trapped without an escape.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am so bad at this. Yet I feel this compulsion to make people comfortable.

Sometimes I just feel like people think of me a certain way (dumb?) just because I am trying to be nice. I do it for them, niceness, I don't want anyone to feel discluded. It doesn't feel natural for me either, but have started to wonder if I should just keep my mouth shut.

I fear these situations sometimes. Like I'm trapped without an escape.
I also have this problem(if it can be called a problem), when I'm feeling very distressed whenever I see others feeling left out for some reason. But you shouldn't see it as a weakness or thinking that it makes you look dumb. If others can't appreciate what you're doing for them, leave them alone and get people who will actually appreciate you for it. There are many people out there that need the kindness of individuals like you, there's a lot of work to be done, and you could be a pioneer of leading our civilization towards a path for a better tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
[CONVO]Hi. How do you like the class so far? (talk about something difficult from the lectures/readings). Maybe we can get together and go over the material sometime?[/CONVO]

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[CONVO]Hi. How do you like the class so far? (talk about something difficult from the lectures/readings). Maybe we can get together and go over the material sometime?[/CONVO]
So, Curious0610, how do you like the forums so far? It's interesting right? How would you like to chat some time?
:happy:

·
Banned
359 Posts
Tell her you like her. And ask for a coffee. If she says no Beg in front of her multiple times.
Most likely you will need to beg. but make sure you get her to coffee.
Dont lose faith. There are 90% chance that she will start liking you later for your guts. Unless you're a total idiot.

Most importantly : Just be yourself, dont hesitate to say anything and dont keep it inside. However silly that seems.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell her you are attracted to her. And ask for a coffee. If she says no Beg in front of her multiple times.
Most likely you will need to beg. but make sure you get her to coffee.
Dont lose faith. There are 90% chance that she will start liking you later for your guts. Unless you're a total idiot.

Most importantly : Just be yourself, dont hesitate to say anything and dont keep it inside. However silly that seems.
I'm very much interested as to how you're arriving at your statistics? With a 90% chance of success, I don't know why I hadn't done that sooner lol

·
Banned
359 Posts
I'm very much interested as to how you're arriving at your statistics? With a 90% chance of success, I don't know why I hadn't done that sooner lol
Who would dislike if you ask for a coffee and say you like her.

Its biology, men has to do all the begging.
Most likely she will classify you as an idiot. But, she will still like you.

I know it sounds creepy. But its not cause you're frank and not hiding anything from her. I would sound creepy if you're hiding something from her.

Disclaimer : Stats were a guess. Try at your own risk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts