Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my FRIENDLY relationships with other ISTP's are fairly distant, but always smooth. I can feel a force field between me and my ISTP room mate at times, and the other ISTP's I know I usually only share one activity with them each.

How do you guys, as ENFP's, interact with other ENFP's? Are you best buds and tend to cohere? Or are you just two ships passing in the night?

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,203 Posts
I had a GREAT friend that was an ENFP. We hit it off right away and probably would have dated except for a couple factors. She was not a Christian (which was a big deal for me) and was a "bar star" doing the whole club thing and getting drunk every weekend. I'm liberal, but not to that point. She asked me out last class of the semester, I said no, didn't tell her why...and we've never spoken again.

Other then that I have one ENFP male friend. We get along great, we've never had the slightest problem. Though I tend to focus my time on other friends since like doesn't usually attract like that much...

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
DJA, I really like that you come to this forum, considering I spent a lot of time on the ISTP forum asking all of you questions.

I don't know any confirmed ENFPs but I sure like the ones I've met here! My brother was an ENFP and we got along pretty well, except that he was super flirtatious, to the point of embarrassing the rest of us.

I wish I knew if other friends are ENFPs but I think they are mostly intoverted. The couple that I think might be, we get along really well and have a lot of open delight in eachother and lots of hugs! But I'm still not sure.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Despite ENFPs having the description of an inspirer and catalyst for starting new things, I'm the one starting all the conversations with them. Once started though (it's as easy as saying "how's it going?" and sometimes, but not always, a follow up question. Often it takes a while for me to get to my follow up question :laughing: ), it immediately becomes a very easy conversation, especially since he or she keeps the conversation going and even talks more about his or her life.

So how do I interact with them? I just push a button!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hmm well honestly I only for sure know one other ENFP that I see. And actually I really like him! He's so cool! haha
No matter how long it's been since we've seen eachother, couple of months - a year we can just talk about what's going on right then and there in the situation and get along. I feel like we can just flow and its definitely always fun! :D

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Not sure if I know any.

I think I knew one. Well never knew, but wanted to - had a crush on her from first sight. When I finally interacted with her it was a love...I mean like letter. We never hit it off because I always got around her and got shy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I´ve met a lot of ENFPs and its different with all of them. WIth male ENFPs i get along great, if I´m in a party with one, we make the party go crazy. With the girls i usually feel like a lack of chemistry. The hard thing for me i to have a nomrmal quiet conversation with another ENFP, becuase the subject is CONSTANTLY changing and the tendency to interrupt the other one.

I once dated a ENFP... i got really bored, the only fun we had was making stupid spontaneous things. But then again, there are huge differences betwen ENFPs. I have a friend INTP and he has another friend who is ENFP, when i met him (the other inspirer), i realized he was much more rude and loud, and some people would get annoyed by him, never happened to me before.

I am really curious in ENFP girls, and if they make the same stupid ENFP mistakes i do.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,203 Posts
Yeah I've known a couple ENFPs in my life. Two for sure and I believe my sister is one, pending taking the test.

Surprisingly, while I get along with all of them I'm actually not deeply captivated by them. We have fun, we talk a bit. Really I'm prone to seeking time with introverted NFs so, mutually, I feel my relationship is fairly shallow with all three. It's like when you put two like sided magnets together...the closer they get the more they repel. Though "repel" may be too strong of a word...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for stopping by DJArendee! I too am always in the ISTP forum...;;

Moby pretty much had it. Instant attraction in the beginning with other ENFPs, but because a lot of them talk a lot it can be hard to stay around. I prefer my solitude in my thoughts... I really prefer "T" types.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well, I feel like I 'get them' a lot and really understand them, but also find all of their faults incredibly frustrating because I know I do the same things myself!! It's kind of like interacting with a mirror.. getting amazing support on the one hand, but also getting the 'repelled magnet' thing on the other hand. I guess the reason I don't hang out with them much is because I feel like I know them already, and therefore it's not massively interesting, but if I want a dose of someone who definitely knows why I'm the way I am then it's kind of refreshing too. I've never been physically attracted to an ENFP though.. but then I haven't met that many male ENFPs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts