Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I mean.. I protect things? How do you interpret this? What do you protect, if you even feel like you protect stuff? What are we supposed to be protecting?

·
Registered
923 Posts
The things we deem worth protecting, which varies from person to person.

Yay ambiguity.

As for myself I protect everyone if I can but I protect those most dear to me above all else.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
955 Posts
Those who can't protect themselves. I sometimes can't believe I'm still alive. I have had so very much dumb luck. For example, at 4 or so in the morning I was still up in bed, still really grumpy about a fight I had with the woman next to me, when I thought I had heard something. It was more like a feeling that I might have heard something, I wasn't at all sure, but the animal brain took over and there was very little thinking. When it happens, it's completely compulsive. Any illusion I might have about self control is just gone. I jump up, run to the balcony. And yeah, down by the street is a guy crying out for help while being beaten by two other guys. I grab the phone and call the police, curtly give them my info, the situation, and address. ~60 seconds later I'm on my way downstairs, like a complete idiot I, the teddy bear, was going to stare down two grizzly bears, all fire and brimstone inside. Just as I got out the police showed up. Barely a minute after I called them, and within the next 20 seconds 2 more cars drove into the street. And then a fourth. And so I once again survived a confrontation with my inner fool unscathed that I really, really shouldn't have. I was told I was an idiot in underwear, and I completely agreed. Even though they were all but friendly, I was praising the police for months after, to anyone who's ear was available to me. That moment where the police drove up in such numbers, so fast after I had called them, it totally justified our taxes to me :)

So, yeah, that compulsion is what I associate with the label.

Though my old man is exactly the same type of stupid, and he's an ENTJ, so, maybe it just runs in the family.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
As one who serves as a guardian to protect a defined realm.

That's just my connotation of the word "protector".

As far as it being a label, meh labels aren't important enough sometimes. Labels are non-concise words, they never truly capture full and accurate meaning.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ok, so this is a copy/paste response, but I'm doing it because there was a similar question just asked on the Enneagram type 6 board, for 6w5s, about personal experience related to the "Defenders" label.

I have my roots in anti-fascism.
When i was 15, I got started organizing with different local communities, having been heavily influenced by the anti-racist direct actions within the punk rock scene.
From there I hit the ground running in the anti-globalization movement, finding affinity with the anarchists on the streets of Seattle, on November 30 1999, a bit over a year later, at the WTO summit.
Most recently, I was arrested and charged in Oakland, which is why I was gone most of last week(I just got released on Monday).
Basically, I work with others to confront all relationships of domination and subjugation, including but not limited to those rooted in patriarchy, race, class, ableism, homophobia, and the commodification of natural resources.
While I don't really like labels, as such, my politics are non-hierarchical, and by those terms I do identify as an anarchist. To be frank, though. I'm just a guy who's sick of watching people delegate the handling of their problems to the very people creating them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I interpret it similar to offthebooks, protector of society at large, about the greater good...etc. whether that be through teaching, counseling, upholding the law, writing, political activism, etc.
to me a lot of things in the world are trivial if so many people are suffering/misinformed/deprived/etc.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I interpret it similar to offthebooks, protector of society at large, about the greater good...etc. whether that be through teaching, counseling, upholding the law, writing, political activism, etc.
to me a lot of things in the worth are trivial if so many people are suffering/misinformed/deprived/etc.
I like this interpretation a lot.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Protector of my vulnerability, maybe.

I don't know, I'm not a big fan of the label. It sounds more SJ-like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts