Personality Cafe banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,428 Posts
When marriage, procreation, & all the extra shit really doesn't matter. When I fell in love with this dude for once, I realized what the hell is the other stuff even for -- it's not like my feelings are going anywhere. To this day, I still don't want to marry this dude, and it's only because I love him and don't want to be tied to him forever -- it is not necessary. Marriage and kids is a definite way to reduce my love for him. I wouldn't trap that dude with me for a million year(s) & I definitely do not want to be trapped with a dude I am in love with for year(s) on end. It makes no sense. I don't believe you have to be committed to fully be in love - I would saw my foot off if he needed it, I wouldn't do this for anyone. I am invested in him without being with him, so what are the legal constraints, commitment & kids for (???) .. All those are extension to a relationship itself, not the extent of my investment into him.

That is my [cheap] version outside chemical(s). Now some lusty dude I give little care about I could tolerate better and wouldn't care all that much. Marriage is a pure utility, and I have utility for it.

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
101 Posts
Love is usually tied with procreation as it overwhelms you and in a modern civil sense it makes you think about a future, certainly disrupts your plans and adds a new option that includes someone other than yourself

I don’t know how you managed to control your love because that chemical twist is blinding, so you’re either extremely self controlled or perhaps you weren’t really in love

If it’s the first option, that’s kinda hot

21 - 22 of 22 Posts