Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Such as Si, Se and so on, is there a...sort of gap that jars at you in everyday life when a function could be boosted more? As an isfp, I daydream a loooot and moreover live from moment to moment. I'm a concrete thinker (hence isfp) yet I draw these blanks when I want to, say, write or speak eloquently. Even if for everyday problems and issues. Practice makes perfect, sure, but my question is might this mean my Ti or something is lacking? For some reason or another, I'm rather fond of Ti

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Such as Si, Se and so on, is there a...sort of gap that jars at you in everyday life when a function could be boosted more? As an isfp, I daydream a loooot and moreover live from moment to moment. I'm a concrete thinker (hence isfp) yet I draw these blanks when I want to, say, write or speak eloquently. Even if for everyday problems and issues. Practice makes perfect, sure, but my question is might this mean my Ti or something is lacking? For some reason or another, I'm rather fond of Ti
try as I might, I'm not good with words, and I've never known ISFP's to be particularly eloquent. They're not stupid sounding, we just get a little boring sounding sometimes. That's something that always pisses me off about INTJ's...we can express the exact same thought, but it will always sound more intereting from the INTJ...:frustrating:

and I know what you mean about Ti...I'm stuck somewhere between ISFP and ISTP also, I've given up trying to settle on one or the other. I know I use a lot of Fi and Ti, and not much of Te or Fe, so it's not a well developed inferior function of either type. who knows...I question MBTI a lot anyways. :unsure:

and regarding your signature, I always score ISTP on the mypersonality.info site.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try as I might, I'm not good with words, and I've never known ISFP's to be particularly eloquent. They're not stupid sounding, we just get a little boring sounding sometimes. That's something that always pisses me off about INTJ's...we can express the exact same thought, but it will always sound more intereting from the INTJ...:frustrating:

and I know what you mean about Ti...I'm stuck somewhere between ISFP and ISTP also, I've given up trying to settle on one or the other. I know I use a lot of Fi and Ti, and not much of Te or Fe, so it's not a well developed inferior function of either type. who knows...I question MBTI a lot anyways. :unsure:

and regarding your signature, I always score ISTP on the mypersonality.info site.
-__- I can somehow picture that playing out (with the intjs). Anyway, I should pick your brain then. You and I may be a lot alike and I do look for that. My guess is while you can socialize it doesn't particularly excite you? And I'm unsure how much Ti I use. Some test suggested I used it as much as my Fi, but it's difficult pegging the idea for sure. But if I was proficient with Ti, I'd hope I could at least sound coherent. I...babble! >__< 'Cept for on unusually good days!

And dude, that test must be rigged for people who seem in between. Always called me istp, too. But as much as I don't like to think so, I glow when people don't feel bad and down on themselves. So F it is.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I know what you mean, I have so much trouble conveying my thoughts, because my wording is so short and simple. You're right, I also just sound plain boring when I talk. Every once in a while I'll try to throw in a fancy word, but it just doesn't flow for me. I'm just not good at it, so I tend to keep socializing light-hearted, using humor and quick wit when I can. It makes it more fun for me, and for the people around me.

It annoys me, because I can use interesting wording when I write, so the knowledge and vocabulary are there, but I can't get these words out through my mouth.:crazy:

I'm not sure how to go about developing and improving this handicap. Any ideas?

I don't test as a strong F either, and I used to wonder if I was a T, but being female pushed me towards acting more F. Compared to my confirmed ISTP friends, though, I do see a difference between their and my behaviors.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
-__- I can somehow picture that playing out (with the intjs). Anyway, I should pick your brain then. You and I may be a lot alike and I do look for that. My guess is while you can socialize it doesn't particularly excite you? And I'm unsure how much Ti I use. Some test suggested I used it as much as my Fi, but it's difficult pegging the idea for sure. But if I was proficient with Ti, I'd hope I could at least sound coherent. I...babble! >__< 'Cept for on unusually good days!

And dude, that test must be rigged for people who seem in between. Always called me istp, too. But as much as I don't like to think so, I glow when people don't feel bad and down on themselves. So F it is.
Yea, I can talk to anyone...but I don't. I don't like people and associate with as few as possible. I think I probably do use Fi slightly more than Ti, but regardless of functions...I tend to be a bitter person (don't let that happen to you :wink: ). Do you know your ennegram type? I'm a straight up counterphobic 6, and this describes me nearly as much if not more than MBTI.

I used to glow when people didn't feel down, and it still does hurt me to see someone in emotional pain, but I generally don't care anymore. And I find that I'm a happier person in Ti mode.

Reactions: Mina

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean, I have so much trouble conveying my thoughts, because my wording is so short and simple. You're right, I also just sound plain boring when I talk. Every once in a while I'll try to throw in a fancy word, but it just doesn't flow for me. I'm just not good at it, so I tend to keep socializing light-hearted, using humor and quick wit when I can. It makes it more fun for me, and for the people around me.

It annoys me, because I can use interesting wording when I write, so the knowledge and vocabulary are there, but I can't get these words out through my mouth.:crazy:

I'm not sure how to go about developing and improving this handicap. Any ideas?

I don't test as a strong F either, and I used to wonder if I was a T, but being female pushed me towards acting more F. Compared to my confirmed ISTP friends, though, I do see a difference between their and my behaviors.
Yeah, it's frustrating. It's like trying to be something you're not when you really are fairly literate. sheesh! Usually when I try to be precise or sentient, people...freaking don't respond. *SIGHS* screw 'em... I try the light-hearted thing too. It's all I got... I haaate it, personally. I'm glad you found something comfy. I think I only knew one istp. funny how we thought the same way 'bout life

Yea, I can talk to anyone...but I don't. I don't like people and associate with as few as possible. I think I probably do use Fi slightly more than Ti, but regardless of functions...I tend to be a bitter person (don't let that happen to you :wink: ). Do you know your ennegram type? I'm a straight up counterphobic 6, and this describes me nearly as much if not more than MBTI.

I used to glow when people didn't feel down, and it still does hurt me to see someone in emotional pain, but I generally don't care anymore. And I find that I'm a happier person in Ti mode.
You're remindin' me of how I feel, man. You're the first person I've seen who vibes that point of view, actually. I often complain about people being socially self-destructive egomaniacs. I "hated" people, but I can't take away some other vibe that shares pain and feels, though I try covering it up (too late. I've been in that line for a good while, buddy :frustrating: ). Hm, don't think I took an Enneagram. No, but I think I'll see what it's about. What does ur counterphobic 6 imply?

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
ISFP <> INFP
ISFP <> ISFJ

That's how it is for me.

Sometimes the S flip sometimes the P flips.
I'm mostly dominant so you'd think I was a
J but I'm really not. The S and N however,
ugh, shrug.

Reactions: Le9acyMuse

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ISFP <> INFP
ISFP <> ISFJ

That's how it is for me.

Sometimes the S flip sometimes the P flips.
I'm mostly dominant so you'd think I was a
J but I'm really not. The S and N however,
ugh, shrug.
How does that feel? To feel like going from P to J. I can only ascertain what it's like to perceive and I couldn't picture me going to the judge side. It's vastly different.

Check out this link. This description is so accurate of me, it almost scares me.

Enneagram Type 6 - The Loyalist
Thanks, dude. Will do. I'm a type 4...what-was-it...oh, Individualist. Yeah all the info they were spilling, it was as if it was this secret colony of me's. To guess before I check, I suppose a Loyalist is maybe selective and deeply committed to a pact? I hope your link explains the counterphobic part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
T or F

Please somebody help. I honestly cannot make up my mind whether or not I am ISTP or ISFP. I see both qualities at different times, I am very ISFP alon and ISTP when with people that I am not really close to.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please somebody help. I honestly cannot make up my mind whether or not I am ISTP or ISFP. I see both qualities at different times, I am very ISFP alon and ISTP when with people that I am not really close to.
I'll give this a go but from my own experience

I've learned that isfps care about people, but they won't take too much of their crap, so it's only attitude-wise where they can sometimes exude istp qualities. But F and T are still quite different.

If you're isfp, you probably love some independence and having your space, but would feel a sense of wholeness if everyone found harmony and unity with everyone they met (of course that's wishful thinking -__-). If you're an istp, you also greatly value independence but you don't frequent in feeling-thoughts like the state of people's morals and stuff. You'd probably think about... I don't know what istps think about. Video games and and other beneficial stimuli. They more naturally keep their feelings from interfering with their decisions, whereas an isfp may have more difficulty putting a lid on their feelings.

One can be an isfp without "liking people." It's not uncommon to see it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"wholeness if everyone found harmony and unity with everyone they met (of course that's wishful thinking -__-)"

That part definitely rings true for me, alas as you say that will never be the case. I do also have strong thinking tendencies such as I tend to make important decisions in my life by thinking whether or not they will be good for me instead of deciding whether or not it feels right. Lol I am sooo confused.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mbti stats are all just styles of thinking and taking in information and solving problems, all in all, so I can't quite tell what you use to make decisions without more info.But something else about Thinking types. They tend to use this spooky systematic thought process to solve problems. It's rather technical, too. A lot like the scientific method, as if their minds are built in mechanisms naturally adept with thinking on their feet. It's the one thing that really separates them from feeling types.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
If you're isfp, you probably love some independence and having your space, but would feel a sense of wholeness if everyone found harmony and unity with everyone they met (of course that's wishful thinking -__-). If you're an istp, you also greatly value independence but you don't frequent in feeling-thoughts like the state of people's morals and stuff. You'd probably think about... I don't know what istps think about. Video games and and other beneficial stimuli. They more naturally keep their feelings from interfering with their decisions, whereas an isfp may have more difficulty putting a lid on their feelings.
it's not uncommon for ISTP's to ponder the mysteries of humanity and morality. we just do it in a much more technical fashion. Like when I think about people, I always try to imagine their reasoning for doing things, but of course I only see the logical side of things, and I don't really understand the feeling aspect of it.

And BTW...I found out my "Fi". Apparently I can't put a lid on my Fe, and when you mix that with Ti and Ni, it kinda looks like Fi.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's not uncommon for ISTP's to ponder the mysteries of humanity and morality. we just do it in a much more technical fashion. Like when I think about people, I always try to imagine their reasoning for doing things, but of course I only see the logical side of things, and I don't really understand the feeling aspect of it.

And BTW...I found out my "Fi". Apparently I can't put a lid on my Fe, and when you mix that with Ti and Ni, it kinda looks like Fi.
Good point. And what's funny about the bold part is that I did just the opposite when i mentioned morals. I automatically categorized morals with feelings, though that isn't necessarily the case as the two do not always go hand in hand. ooops lol

So is that formula why you might've tested in-between with F and T, you think?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
"wholeness if everyone found harmony and unity with everyone they met (of course that's wishful thinking -__-)"

That part definitely rings true for me, alas as you say that will never be the case. I do also have strong thinking tendencies such as I tend to make important decisions in my life by thinking whether or not they will be good for me instead of deciding whether or not it feels right. Lol I am sooo confused.
I don't think the feeling functions are totally related to how you 'feel' about things. If you are going by how you 'feel' about things like your gut feelings, you may be using some intuitive function instead of a sensing function to look at the facts. Or you could be using either introverted or extraverted feeling to decide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hehe I tend to generate morals with logic - basically I have non conventional morals. I will only form values if it seems logical for me to. if the value seems irrational I will most likely ignore it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Hehe I tend to generate morals with logic - basically I have non conventional morals. I will only form values if it seems logical for me to. if the value seems irrational I will most likely ignore it.
Well that does sound more like Ti/Fe of ISTP than Te/Fi of ISFP if you are doing things according to your own logic than other people's logic.

Excuse the short replies - i battle to put my thoughts in to words
Well you don't get anyone saying tl;dr then lol.

I'm a concrete thinker (hence isfp) yet I draw these blanks when I want to, say, write or speak eloquently. Practice makes perfect, sure, but my question is might this mean my Ti or something is lacking?
It's probably not Ti since Ti is an introverted function just like Fi. Ti is more about whether things make sense according to what you believe is correct.

Probably some good functions for eloquence: Te since you are organising your thoughts externally in your speech or maybe Si since you are remembering detailed words to use.. or maybe not;)

Reactions: Le9acyMuse
1 - 19 of 19 Posts