Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a new job off-and-on for the past few weeks, but I'm still employed full-time. I'm wondering what I should do if I get an interview? Should I call in sick? Take a long lunch?

Reactions: WinterFox

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of calling in sick on the day of my prospective interview. I don't think that would be too suspicious.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was thinking of calling in sick on the day of my prospective interview. I don't think that would be too suspicious.
Why not schedule your interview when you aren't working? As mentioned before many HR people will probably work around your schedule ( they know you are currently employed, right?). Doesn't hurt to ask anyway, yeah?

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Most good HR people will be flexible with your schedule. They know good (and desirable) employees do not want to lie to their current employer.
Yeah and if HR sucks, most likely it's a reflection of the company and overall the company will suck. They should be able to work around things and schedule an interview at a time a person isn't working.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I agree with the others. Ask to schedule the interview outside of your normal work hours. I work a typical Mon-Fri 8-hour day shift. When I interviewed for my current job, the first interview was at 8pm, the second one was at 6am. They were happy to accommodate my schedule and it actually works in your favour when they see that you're trying not to inconvenience your current employer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
make sure you delete the search history :tongue: .... no seriously id just tell me you have an appointment and need time out. If they don't press it, don't tell me. If they are insistent tell them its a) personal or b) and interview (maybe they will try harder to keep you!)

choice a or b depends obviously on information I don't have. use you best judgment.

good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts