Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well am going to giving this question to you guys is because you are thinking and judging, which makes you addicted to solving problems, well enjoy! (not meant to be offense!)

Reactions: greatexpectations

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like how does someone become an INFP? is it how they are raised? stuff like that

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so there is a one in 16 chance the an infp is going to come out, if so then how come it not even; there are percentages, on which type is common and which type is not like infj are suppose to be rare. so come on, ponder some more! :wink:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
so there is a one in 16 chance the an infp is going to come out, if so then how come it not even; there are percentages, on which type is common and which type is not like infj are suppose to be rare. so come on, ponder some more! :wink:
The fact that something is generic doesn't mean odds are even. Blue-eyed people are more rare than brown-eyed people, for instance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so your saying that it's just gentics and i should hit the road?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Like how does someone become an INFP? is it how they are raised? stuff like that
I'm not actually sure that's a valid question...
I don't really think that our childhood experiences will influence our core type. Certain external factors may influence other things, but our overall type is not gonna be influenced. And I think that's especially evident in the fact that many peoples' dominant functions will be obvious when they're kids. This is why I really don't like it when people explain the personality types in terms of hobbies, interests, traits, etc. The functions are outlooks. Those outlooks/worldviews of the cognitive functions are not influenced by the environment.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Maybe I can help answer.

The pattern I seem to see in INFPs is a deep hurt that happened to them early on, a loss of innocence so to speak. Like a divorce, or a move, or a death. With the INFPs I know, and the INFPs I've talked to, and myself, there always seems to be this string of "I'm lost for good" running through everything. The hopeless romantic.

Just a theory I have. But it seems like deep pain between age 0-15 is what heightens the sensitivity, or keeps the sensitivity, there. Unlike what everybody seems to think, INFPs are not all rosy fairytales. There's some real darkness there, for better or worse. It just always is like, for an INFP, someone isn't there, and they should be.

·
11,928 Posts
Maybe I can help answer.

The pattern I seem to see in INFPs is a deep hurt that happened to them early on, a loss of innocence so to speak. Like a divorce, or a move, or a death. With the INFPs I know, and the INFPs I've talked to, and myself, there always seems to be this string of "I'm lost for good" running through everything. The hopeless romantic.

Just a theory I have. But it seems like deep pain between age 0-15 is what heightens the sensitivity, or keeps the sensitivity, there. Unlike what everybody seems to think, INFPs are not all rosy fairytales. There some real darkness there, for better or worse.
'Deep hurt' is subjective.
I don't think these things shaped your core type. Your core type shaped their influence on you and your perception of them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So am i making you think?

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Note sure that is unique to INFPs. I'm an INTJ and my childhood was hell.
Oh, not at all saying that it only is with INFPs. That's lots of types. Just pointing out what I had noticed, a pattern. Perhaps it is not special to the INFP.

Also important to note that the most important information one ever receives is within the first 24 months. After that, the foundation is already laid.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Oh, not at all saying that it only is with INFPs. That's lots of types. Just pointing out what I had noticed, a pattern. Perhaps it is not special to the INFP.
It's kind of a lousy predictor if it has many false positives. Of course, an anecdote (moi) doens't make data.

·
11,928 Posts

Also important to note that the most important information one ever receives is within the first 24 months. After that, the foundation is already laid.
Look...
Your type is INFP. You use Fi and Ne first. Fi and Ne give you certain outlooks on life and ways of perceiving things and going about things. It's something you're born with. You perception of certain life events will be shaped by that. I don't think that any type is more likely to have gone through any kind of trauma or pain. That doesn't make sense. Your perception of events is shaped by your type, but your type doesn't change and is not influenced by external factors.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so then what makes an infp different from others some thing specific! don't say emotional, because ESFJs are emotional too, i think

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Look...
Your type is INFP. You use Fi and Ne first. Fi and Ne give you certain outlooks on life and ways of perceiving things and going about things. It's something you're born with. You perception of certain life events will be shaped by that. I don't think that any type is more likely to have gone through any kind of trauma or pain. That doesn't make sense. Your perception of events is shaped by your type, but your type doesn't change and is not influenced by external factors.
Agree to disagree, but that position is hardly scientific.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts