Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Money, Power, Happiness, Self actualization?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Mental, physical, and emotional fulfillment. So yes, self-actualization. I could reject all those in a heartbeat for a yacht and passport though :wink:

·
Banned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same for me due to the fact that self actualization entails becoming whole and balanced which i think is only reached after death

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Happiness.

I've seen a poor man put his child to sleep and go back to his dirty old job, who's happier than a ceo who comes home only to find that his children don't even know him..

Anyway, to be happy, poor or rich, is a huge indicator of success to me. It's easy to be motivated to accomplish things, but if the intrinsic needs of joyous life aren't met, then what's the point of living?

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Becoming someone with a particular place and purpose in the realm of human affairs, from which I would gain a sense of self-fulfillment. Basically, a niche to fit in and actually develop. I am seeking my niche, and only when I have attained it will I be satisfied and successful.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I somehow do not see happiness as a measure of success.
As happiness is just our fluctuating imagination of what we desire in life.
What I consider as a measure of success is how much of a difference that we make to someone or others' life?

If that difference makes him/her/them better than before, that's what I call as success.

Now, what is "better" ? The same question that we asked to ourselves about what is "success"?

In the end, if this principle is applied to one another, all people will be successful.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Happiness is the answer for me.

That is the ultimate answer for EVERYTHING we do in life. It should be!

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I do not meassure success through fame, power, or wealth.
Success is when I have completed something.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
success for me will be in finding a truly peaceful life. I don't like the concept of "happiness", for every happy moment you have, a low is sure to follow or precede it. But peace, if done correctly, can last until the end.

Reactions: Maiden

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
success to me is accomplishing goals (whatever they are, big or small) that i set out for myself. doesn't happen often, but when I do, it really is a great feeling.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Knowing/Feeling that

Knowing that you found feeling in your task

Feeling that you found knowing in your task

Reactions: fzleen and Maiden

·
Registered
26 Posts
“There are a few things that Success is not…
Success is not fame, money or power.

Success is waking up in the morning so excited about what you have to do that you literally FLY out of the door.
Success is getting to work with the people you love,
Success is finding a way of connecting and binding them together,
Success is connecting with the world.

Success is falling asleep knowing you did the best you could.
Success is joy, friendship and freedom

Success is <3”

Quoted from the movie Fame. This is truly what measure success to me. :3

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't think I'd be happy if I get to the age of 40 and I'm still below corporate level, that's why I'm starting a business.

Starting my biz and working my ass off - that's what is going to/beginning to make me happy.

Also, if I do become successful at that but yet, still have no woman and child.. won't be quite as fulfilling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts