1 - 20 of 20 Posts
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was always wondering - how Fi dom perceive Fe dom or aux? :cool:

Reactions: Geoffrey

·
Registered
634 Posts
My gf is an Fe user. I see it this way--with the same amount of sympathy I offer others, she translates it into action-oriented solutions. One day it was pouring and I saw lots of unprepared wet people outside. I thought "awww, poor things, that sucks." Well later that day I got wet myself and my gf started drying me. it Fe​els soo good!

·
Registered
213 Posts
To me they seem deceptive. But then I have to remember that a lot of people modulate their interactions towards a desired goal. Their goals are usually good... they want people to be happy, caring and whatnot.

If you need a cake or a hug they are pretty good at that, but if you want to be really understood and appreciated... I've always felt wanting interacting with Fe.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Depends..
Fe is the function that trips me up the most, and can send me into rages or cause me to sit there in stunned admiration..
Basically, Fe keeps me on the edge of my seat, confused as hell.. ;-;

I like the way xNTPs use Fe, that's all I know.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sweeping generalizations:
I like how TP's use it... it's sometimes volatile, but I appreciate that they aren't guided by them. Utilized to get things done, sure... but not a main force in their life.

Dominant and auxiliary Fe users make me a little suspicious. Much like Tunesimah mentioned. Good intentions, but I don't want to be fixed, and/or that's not how I want to achieve my goal. Or that's just not my goal. (In MY experience, I just morphed into a project for them. I'm sure not ALL will do this. =] )
Little practical common ground with SFJ's.

/sweeping generalizations, sorry if I offended, lol...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Sweeping generalizations:
I like how TP's use it... it's sometimes volatile, but I appreciate that they aren't guided by them. Utilized to get things done, sure... but not a main force in their life.
Sweeping, yes, I'll agree with you there. Volatile I will give you, but not in the uncontrollable way, more like utilized with surprising intensity so that you may not see it coming. Perhaps, "holy shit I didn't know you had that in you even though I can be that way." Probably because it is hidden so often, but there it lurks, like it or not.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Seeing as I tend to rebel against objective outside values.....I probably get into a lot of "differences of opinion" with Fe users. This is especially bad since I tend to disregard what the group values and go with what I value whatever the cost without trying to impose it on the group.

Basically I do what I want and let others do what they want. Usually Fe users stand in the way of that.

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sweeping, yes, I'll agree with you there. Volatile I will give you, but not in the uncontrollable way, more like utilized with surprising intensity so that you may not see it coming. Perhaps, "holy shit I didn't know you had that in you even though I can be that way." Probably because it is hidden so often, but there it lurks, like it or not.
Fair enough. =] I like the "random" intensity (though rather calculated by the Fe user)... it's just when it's utilized in an imbalanced state... it's a little scary. Otherwise it's interesting to watch the emotions show.
I'm pretty damn sure my brother is a TP...

Seeing as I tend to rebel against objective outside values.....I probably get into a lot of "differences of opinion" with Fe users.
Why do you say 'objective?' This is more of a matter of semantics, I suppose... but are they subjective values masquerading as objectivity? It seems values wouldn't really be objective.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Why do you say 'objective?' This is more of a matter of semantics, I suppose... but are they subjective values masquerading as objectivity? It seems values wouldn't really be objective.
Objective values are those that lie outside of the individual and are not dependent upon her/his perception or belief.

Fe is "us" or "it" and Fi is "I". There is a profound difference. This is why Fe users will concern themselves with how and what others feel, while Fi users mainly concern themselves with how they feel about whatever is outside or inside, may that be a person, thing situation, thought or whatever. Fe is focused on what is outside of the user and not on what is inside, which would be Fi.

Thus Fe is concerned with the object (the whatever outside of me values this and that, it feels, thinks such and such) and Fi is concerned with the subject (what is it that I value). Fe users tend to confuse outside values with personal ones, because they tend to suppress their own.

Its just a preference towards one or the other thou.

It similar to Te's "What is generally known?" and Ti's "What do I think?" o.o the difference here is that the latter will build a personal theory while the former will use what is already established as valid. 2 different preferences.

Its not like Fe users don't have personal values. They do. The tendency however is to suppress these in favor of outside ones ^^ because it feels better.

XD at least that is how I understood it. <.< anyway the problem here is that I use Te and not Ti according to theory and since the MBTI is an unproven theory that isn't really accepted and since many things in psychology are just the same. I don't trust it, can't validate it. This leaves me skeptical/doubtful as always.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Objective values are those that lie outside of the individual and are not dependent upon her/his perception or belief.
Ah okay. Thanks for clarifying! It's just the word "objective" that trips me up... as if it shouldn't be applied to feelings and such, even in tandem like that. I'll keep that in my head... ^_^;

Your description of Ti/Te & Fe/Fi looks sound, as far as it pertains to present MBTI descriptions. No worries about that!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I was always wondering - how Fi dom perceive Fe dom or aux? :cool:
I'm probably an Fe-aux with 'developed' Fi... So yah, how do you perceive me. :p

Fe is "us" or "it" and Fi is "I". There is a profound difference. This is why Fe users will concern themselves with how and what others feel, while Fi users mainly concern themselves with how they feel about whatever is outside or inside, may that be a person, thing situation, thought or whatever. Fe is focused on what is outside of the user and not on what is inside, which would be Fi.

Thus Fe is concerned with the object (the whatever outside of me values this and that, it feels, thinks such and such) and Fi is concerned with the subject (what is it that I value). Fe users tend to confuse outside values with personal ones, because they tend to suppress their own.

Its just a preference towards one or the other thou.

It similar to Te's "What is generally known?" and Ti's "What do I think?" o.o the difference here is that the latter will build a personal theory while the former will use what is already established as valid. 2 different preferences.

Its not like Fe users don't have personal values. They do. The tendency however is to suppress these in favor of outside ones ^^ because it feels better.

XD at least that is how I understood it. <.< anyway the problem here is that I use Te and not Ti according to theory and since the MBTI is an unproven theory that isn't really accepted and since many things in psychology are just the same. I don't trust it, can't validate it. This leaves me skeptical/doubtful as always.
This is not entirely true :p "from how I understand it" xD

People tend to mix up the definition of personal values... Which simply are the values that you hold dear. Where they come from, or how they're validated, is one way of separating Fi from Fe. Fi-doms validate their own personal values, Fe-users validate their own personal values through general consensus. People generally forget Fe's values are personal, even though the source for those values lie outside the Fe-user.

In behavior, Fi-users are more concerned with inner harmony through regulating the inner world, often aligning the outer world to their inner world. Fe-users are more concerned with inner harmony through regulating (harmony in) the outer world (up to the point of forgetting their inner world), often aligning themselves to the outer world in the process.

Reactions: Mitsuko

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I'm probably an Fe-aux with 'developed' Fi... So yah, how do you perceive me. :p

This is not entirely true :p "from how I understand it" xD

People tend to mix up the definition of personal values... Which simply are the values that you hold dear. Where they come from, or how they're validated, is one way of separating Fi from Fe. Fi-doms validate their own personal values, Fe-users validate their own personal values through general consensus. People generally forget Fe's values are personal, even though the source for those values lie outside the Fe-user.

In behavior, Fi-users are more concerned with inner harmony through regulating the inner world, often aligning the outer world to their inner world. Fe-users are more concerned with inner harmony through regulating (harmony in) the outer world (up to the point of forgetting their inner world), often aligning themselves to the outer world in the process.
XD yes exactly! Brilliant! Agreed. Thx for clarifying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I find Fe can often have a powerful effect on me, because it's usually only the people with high amounts of Fe that can really, really get to me emotionally, and for that reason, healthy Fe I can connect with really well, but unhealthy Fe I completely despise. I often find that unhealthy Fe users can play with others' emotions for their own gain, which I have never appreciated whatsoever, especially since my emotions are something I usually try to keep guarded.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
It's quite possible that Fe users could have their values as a "protectant" to the stronger Fi users. Meaning, their objective values would cause them to idealize a world where everybody can do exactly what they please, even if they personally aren't as engaged with what they believe internally. In the other way, the way which people tend to NOT like Fe, is when they try to push some kind of outside values which overstep the internal Fi value. This would work in reverse when an Fi user would go into selfishness, and not consider that the others have similar strong values, and to get along, you just have to get to a conclusion sometime by finding some sort of parity to agree upon. So at their extremes, Fi can be too selfish, while Fe can be inconsiderate to the individual. In both cases, if they are checked by other functions and developed, the Fi user will be able to project their internal values and realize others feel just as deeply as them, while Fe users will understand the value of the individual values.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I prefer the way ENFJs use it, compared to ESFJs. Maybe that's because I just have a problem with SJs in general, especially those with high Si.

But I think those with Fe are usually the most likeable people, imo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts