Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding myself feeling quite lonely. There are people I would like to reach out to, but I am so afraid of annoying them. Everybody seems so busy all the time. Waiting for people to not be so busy doesn't work, because people always have so much to do. People don't really notice me. So, if I want attention, I have to reach out to people. But even when I do, it's a two-second hug, and people are on to other things.

That said, there are people who seek hugs from me, and I'm guilty of the absentminded two-second hug when the person is not really all that special to me. (I really feel guilty for saying/feeling that, but it's the truth.) And I did get two hugs today from people I care for - one from my special one, one from somebody else, and told my special one I love her. She told me, "I love you, too!"!!!!!!!!!! I just had to share that joy! But, it lasted two seconds, and she was on to other things.

Is it even possible to find someone irl who loves me as deeply as I long to be loved? How?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
How do you reach out to people?
I reach out in an awkward and often random way~ It usually isn't very effective. I am much better off responding to someone reaching out to me.

Is it even possible to find someone irl who loves me as deeply as I long to be loved? How?
I believe it is possible, though I don't think I have found anyone like that, baring some of my family. I would assume that to find someone like this, you would have to work from the ground up, like with all relations. Other than that, I don't really know how to myself. :bored:

·
Banned
137 Posts
Well, when I reach out to people, I usually try to go along with some small talk. Like if I was lonely, I would text someone and just ask how their summer is going or something. It's actually quite painful, because I don't like small talk, by if you give it a chance then you might be able to get something from the convo. I don't mean like a deep discussion (too rare), I mean maybe u will set up some time to hang out. Just try to take the initiative.

If you want a deeper connection, try texting a few people and just ask if everything is ok. This is a great way to reach out and not as awkward as you might think. If they wonder why you're asking, you can just say that you care about them, and that may elicit a few hugs. Or you could just day you got the idea from are you ok day (yes it's an actual day). And who knows, maybe there is someone out there who may need your help.

One other way to reach out is to volunteer. But this will be with strangers. I'm not alexactly sure what you mean by reach out, so yeah.

As for your other question, I can't answer that for you. What difference does it make if I say yes or no? No one really knows... To me, anything is possible. I know that if i said yes, it would give you some reassurance, but it really won't matter unless you yourself believe. But if I was askin this question for myself I'd say yes. I wouldn't be able to take no for an answer anyway.

Try your best to look for that love, and things will be fine, trust me. I haven't found a true love yet, but I'm not worried. But first I think you need to love yourself before someone else can love you. I'm not trying to say that you don't like yourself, but that's my philosophy.

I'm sorry for such a jumbled and confusing message. I have trouble organizing things... Hahaha. But good luck with everything, and remember, I love you anyway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts