Votes: 0 0.0%
  • write bad things about them

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you react when people present you with facts which contradict your ideal world?

if your reaction is not included in the poll options, post it

Reactions: Narcissus

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most facts contradict my ideal world.
i think it has/does for most of us. but the question is mostly how do you treat/view someone who unintentionally yet continually brings them to your attention in your personal time during a usual conversation.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i think it has/does for most of us. but the question is mostly how do you treat/view someone who unintentionally brings them to your attention in your personal time during a usual conversation.
If it is coming from the right place with the right motivation, I embrace it. It is an opportunity to correct my internal model.

·
Registered
725 Posts
i think it has/does for most of us. but the question is mostly how do you treat/view someone who unintentionally yet continually brings them to your attention in your personal time during a usual conversation.
I'm not sure if you asked your question the way you meant to. We already know our ideal world isn't the real world, so it's not really conflicting data. A usual conversation already does continually bring those facts to my attention because we live in the real world, so I don't react in any special way.

However I do react negatively when someone insists on focusing on the real world when I'm specifically talking about my ideal world. Some people seem incapable of thinking about possibilities unless they can imagine them being implemented on top of the current reality. "But we can't do that," they'll keep saying, which to me is an annoyingly obvious and irrelevant fact, and I'll be frustrated that the conversation is going nowhere.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Freak out? And desperately wanting internet connection with my brain. Immediate google help will do as well.
But then a)getting angry, b/c they were manipulating with facts or smth
b) happily browsing new info.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Considering I usually default to the worst possible scenario, I usually feel relief when presented with hard conflicting data. My greatest desire in life is to be constantly proven wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts