Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine you're just starting over after too many storms have passed in your life..how do you renew and regain the trust that you want back in yourself?

Do you push yourself more in your creativity/arts? Do you find a new talent? Do you write more in your journal? Do you remove everything that reminds you of the bitter parts about your past? Etc etc?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
For me, I suppose I realized I wasn't what I wanted to be. I thought about things and identified what I really wanted. I set my goal for that idea, knowing full well I will most likely never achieve it. That goal is my direction in life. I thought about the examples of solutions you mentioned at the time, but realized that no matter what "thing" I did, it wouldn't help if it was for the purpose of covering up past issues. I would feel like a fake if I did stuff like that for such a purpose.

Then again, since I never actually tried that approach I could be completely wrong. All I did was try to align myself to a path that would be more likely to achieve my ideal vision of myself, and let the chips fall where they may... if you will.

Just keep positive!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Find healthy outlets. I like to draw, so whenever I feel down, I draw. Or write. Makes me feel better... Oh, and I love to run.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I mentioned it in the confession thread, but basically just pushing yourself to the edges and trusting your instinct to take care of you. One of our greatest abilities is resilience, the ability to bounce back. However, to bounce you need to fall from a high place.

We've all been shattered by something in our life and we've all gone through phases that we wish we never did. However, we will always come back stronger in the end. Setbacks are an opportunity to create courage and strength that we wouldn't be inspired to do otherwise.

One of the most grim and discouraging things is to be perpetually apathetic or depressed in low doses. Our body slowly learns to accommodate certain behavior as normal and stops providing the appropriate hormones or even attention to minor problems. Naturally, this will mean that we'll self-suicide ourselves into being slightly more hurt and once again, our body will adapt to that. This keeps pushing over and over and over. If you, or anyone else feels like they may be in this situation, I would -highly- recommend some professional help, and if you live in a country where that's easier said than done, I would try to find an outlet outside of what you're used to. Maybe in some cases, that's what people use this forum for already.

Anyways, just to put this out there. If anyone wants to chat about what's on their mind privately, you're welcome to hit me up.

Reactions: Memphisto

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ I had a hunch you'd come up with something insightful. Thank you :crazy:

And I mention lots of times, I wish I had more courage lol it's so complex

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
If you had trust in yourself once, then you just have to open yourself up, let time do its thing, live and allow yourself to get back to center, if that makes any sense.

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I am currently in this situation myself...and trying to find my way. I grew up in Southern California, got married young, realized my life was going crazy and I wasn't happy....so I got in my car and drove 2,000 miles to the middle of the country... Now I"m here, I don't know anybody except my small family, the environment is totally different, the weather is different, the people are different.... And I'm having to rely on myself for the first time to figure it all out and make life what I want it to be. It's amazing how quickly you learn to rely on yourself when you have nobody else to rely on. I'm finding an inner strength that I always knew was there but was afraid to harness and use. I don't suggest getting in your car and taking off! But so far it's working for me...

·
Registered
752 Posts
After going through many hardships in life like everyone else, the one way to regain that trust in myself is to put what emotion I have, and just forward them towards something that I KNOW is positive. The key is not to give up, no matter what.

Cheesy quote time! "With courage comes strength."

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Not so long ago I said some really stupid things to my gf that could have cost me her love. I survived that one and the experience told me that i have a number of issues that I need to address.
My answer to this is not to dwell on the past and on what went wrong. I see the lessons for what they are, just lessons. They only have value if I act upon them.
Whining and worrying about the past is pointless and as soon as your runaway mind gives you the chance you need to force it off that path and onto constructively dealing with the issues.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
"do one thing a day that scares you"
It's kind of cliche, but iunno.. fear/distrust in yourself in doing something can usually be conquered when you realize you are more capable than you think.

incase you are wondering, im battling with self-doubt all the time, but i know i have to put myself out there to change my mindset or i'll never be able to prove my worth.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Mistakes and bad things are just part of life. To trust life, is to take the roses right alongside the thorns. But if you don't trust life or yourself at all, you'll never have the wondrous roses!

So what do I do if I lose trust in myself? I remind myself this, and I feel better. :happy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sometimes I can't help but get a little upset thinking of the suffering that other people went through. I do think that 'peace' is never overrated.

Perhaps I should start small, like practising to become an even more harmony giving person to people I know in real life. Like they say, change starts at home.

Also, everytime I have an 'intuitive light' ringing inside me, I tend to pay attention. Seriously, a few times, all I have to hope for is 'just a feeling.'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts