Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the first thing that comes to mind when recalling a memory/experience? Do you remember feelings/events/sensory details/people/things you've said/a train of thought?

Is it completely random?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mostly through music, sometimes other sensory feels. Like, I really don't feel an Si nostalgia but I can recall events really well, down to the color of something or a certain sound that I never hear anywhere else.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I suck at recalling events. When asked to quote what I heard being said, I only remember its meaning, not how it was said word for word. I also tend to remember how the events made me feel. Is this a good or bad experience? In other words I remember it based on how I feel and how I interpret the events.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,447 Posts
This remind(s) me of interviews; on the questions I have massive difficulties with.

(A) The: "What would you do if (X, Y, Z) ... occurred" question(s) are simplistic to answer; I get rather ranty, I pose about (5) or (6) alternatives (&) possibly elaborate on why these alternatives may also be defective (if required); —and still most optimal, and can retrieve memory-data rather easy to fuel these new alternatives. Such as; this will work; and this is what you should do — but watch out for; .. It flows very smooth.

However, the ::

(B) "Recall a time when .. (X, Y, Z) ... and explain it (&) why it bugged you .." I cannot answer them + go blank. I need at least (5) minutes to recall any event for the sake of it; and then elaborate on it's importance. And, it is indeed, it is almost always "visualized" - snapping; of meaningful / useless happenings from those times, and chunky. So, I can never really "piece" a story together smoothly, without strenuously working at it.

I will not remember what (X) person-said; what (X) wore; the 'smell' of the home, the most "significant" part of (X)-conversation, how I physically felt; nor my mood that day — but I will remember the image of (X)-person chopping their hand in half; as far I am concerned this is the only thing "worth" remembering.

Unless I am deeply engaged + interested; I will not remember keen detail — my practices usually involved "visual" encoding (e.g., visually staring at / observing (X)) for some time, getting "directly involved" (&) causing changes, or constant practices. For ex; landmarks -- (*) possibles and probabilities, to reading directions; as I will likely not remember street names; addresses, and such.

My short-term memory is relatively poor; my brain is usually off / elsewhere in a matter of (5) minutes; unless you stress the importance of it or the task. My long-term memory rather choppy; without an interesting purpose to recall it - or assistance from (Ni) - when having these tool(s); I often have many visual flashbacks. None of it include sensory; events nor detail. But flashshot(s) of previous times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts