Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ISTJ's! I want to know, for purely scientific reasons ;), how a person can intrigue/seduce you? What perks up your interest?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Really...

I doubt this would be driven by type.

I also doubt that this is the correct forum for explicit sexual discussion.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Tell us what you're really thinking Niss!

And yea it's not type specific, might be better to ask what would turn us off?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right, I definitely picked the wrong place to post this! I'm very sorry, I'll remember to be more mindful next time. :blushed:

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
countess- i would totally give you an answer!... but I don't think you are looking for the female perspective! :p
Nevertheless, intelligence is always appreciated in the opposite sex. It might not exactly be the answer the OP is looking for, but if someone can't hold their own with me, forget it.
However, like Niss said, I doubt this is type-driven.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Franny--Quien Sabe? The OP is Bi.:dry:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
whoops! lol my bad- well, I'm not so my answers would probably be invaluable anyways!
Really!:crazy:

in·val·u·a·ble
–adjective
beyond calculable or appraisable value; of inestimable worth; priceless: an invaluable art collection; her invaluable assistance.

—Synonyms
precious.

—Antonyms
worthless.

Reactions: Qadosh

·
Banned
932 Posts
bah! there I go again ***not valuable. that's what I get when I try to use big words... I'm not a very good ISTJ now am I?... but now that I think about it, all of my answers are pretty precious so.... :wink::tongue:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey everyone! This is not a bad question. It is really an usefull one. I'm curious to know what a person can do to seduce you, to get your atention, to make you feel in love. And yes, a girl point of view would be so helpfull. ;] But all you ISTJs can make your point, they´re all usefull.

I kinda fell in love with an ISTJ girl recently. I spent some months with her... But it seems it didn't work, although I think I still like her a little.

Hugs!

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Hey everyone! This is not a bad question. It is really an usefull one. I'm curious to know what a person can do to seduce you, to get your atention, to make you feel in love. And yes, a girl point of view would be so helpfull. ;] But all you ISTJs can make your point, they´re all usefull.

I kinda fell in love with an ISTJ girl recently. I spent some months with her... But it seems it didn't work, although I think I still like her a little.

Hugs!
Seduce is not the same as court or winning their heart. Seducing someone in this context results in sexual intercourse.

That's why this discussion is best suited for the more...uh, explicit forums.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seduce is not the same as court or winning their heart. Seducing someone in this context results in sexual intercourse.

That's why this discussion is best suited for the more...uh, explicit forums.
So, you mean that if someone wants to get your atention, and make you get interested by him/her, they'll need to do something sexually driven?

Seduce, to my knowledge, by definition is to cause to another person attraction. A person can be seduced to an activity or idea (like playing football, ice cream ...) and in this case, a person (spend more time with her, make her a treat, etc. ..).

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
So, you mean that if someone wants to get your atention, and make you get interested by him/her, they'll need to do something sexually driven?

Seduce, to my knowledge, by definition is to cause to another person attraction. A person can be seduced to an activity or idea (like playing football, ice cream ...) and in this case, a person (spend more time with her, make her a treat, etc. ..).
That's an incorrect definition of seduce. Particularly in the context of the OP question. To seduce an ISTJ would be to persuade or induce to have sexual intercourse.

Sounds like you are describing fascinating or charming someone, which would be more along the lines of allure.

HTH

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's an incorrect definition of seduce. Particularly in the context of the OP question. To seduce an ISTJ would be to persuade or induce to have sexual intercourse.

Sounds like you are describing fascinating or charming someone, which would be more along the lines of allure.

HTH
Lure, ok. So be it. What to do to charm and lure an ISTJ?...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Everyone seems to agree that intelligence is a big turn on for ISTJ's.

How about whining? Does whining and begging turn you on?

*waits for shitstorm*

·
Registered
217 Posts
Everyone seems to agree that intelligence is a big turn on for ISTJ's.

How about whining? Does whining and begging turn you on?

*waits for shitstorm*
LOL!

At least the original poster is polite, that is a plus point when trying to impress an ISTJ.

Yes, I agree, intelligence is attractive.

·
Banned
932 Posts
intelligence, politeness, intrigue, confident but shy at the same time [yeah don't ask me how because I don't even know], someone who I can feel emotionally safe with.......

·
Registered
139 Posts
Intelligence is key for me too. I love random facts and really enjoy when a guy can bring up these types of things in everyday conversation. This is probably because I've always loved learning in general, and appreciate any chance to. Like most others, sense of humor is essential too, as well as common interests for some initial comfort. Personally, I love nerds, haha. Also, I really like a guy who remembers small (occasionally even petty) details of things we've discussed in the past. Oddly enough, as much of a planner as I am I don't want to be the one making the key efforts towards the beginning stages of a relationship. Probably due to ISTJ tendencies towards tradition and the ideas that men should exhibit dominance, you know, to a degree...so I want to let them have the reigns, making it important that I find a guy trustworthy enough to hold them. :wink:

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Probably due to ISTJ tendencies towards tradition
I find that I feel this way as well. While I believe that it's imperative that we women be taken seriously in the world and the workplace (be treated fairly, no pay disparity, etc.) I also believe that it's the man's responsibility to provide for his family. If he has to work two jobs to do so, then so be it. It is his responsibility to make sure his family has a roof over their heads, food in their bellies, and safe from external threats. Yes, I am a traditionalist in that regard.

(Having said that, practical matters dictate that I have had to be the one to do so; I raised a daughter (and worked two jobs to do so; she's older and moved out now, but the fact of the matter was that she needed taken care of and I was her provider, because well ... no one else was there to do it!))

So ... yes, I am a traditionalist, but I am also a realist. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts