Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I... hate my family. I feel like I'm outgrowing my friends. I have no desire to hang out or talk to them anymore, really. I have no girlfriend; never been in love, never even been interested in a girl (or guy). I do my best to give people a chance, but I feel like I'm not really connecting with anybody. I'm not desperate to meet new people, I'm fine with the way things are, but part of me wants more. The people I grew up with are different from myself (muslim neighbourhood, feels a bit like growing up in the middle ages), and since I'm an asocial twat I haven't really expanded on my social circle. I feel like I'll (probably) connect with someone someday, but until then I want to learn to enjoy myself when I'm alone. I've watched pretty much every good TV show out there. Used to read a lot in my early teens, would like to start reading more.. I dunno, I think I'd prefer suggestions for activities that I can do outside but I'll take anything. Except masturbation jokes. I know they're coming (haha pun intended someone hug me I'm lonely).

Background: 19 year old male, no drivers license. On a gap year, starts uni in August. Doesn't like most things that people like. Likes discussing pointless philosophical things, doing it alone makes him feel like he's fucking insane. Plays the guitar poorly. Plays the air guitar like a boss. Works out. Studies Japanese a couple of hours a day. Doesn't like anime honestly he's cool. Programs when he has the motivation. Tells lame jokes. Reads a book when he gets his hands on an interesting one. Has tried the interwebs to find new people but lives in a small country and hasn't been able to find anyone. That's basically it. There is nothing more to this person. Has no social interests :mad:.

TL;DR (if you're cool you went straight here): How do you spend quality time with yourself? Preferably outdoor activities. Again, NO MASTURBATION JOKES.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Tjenare mannen :tongue:

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you're looking for stuff to do try reading manga, you'd probably like it or start exercising outside, like jogging around, since you say you're inside a lot, if you don't want to go outside get a treadmill than when you go to Uni you will be fit. Also you could go to a local library and meet some of your people, libraries are also nice and quiet and not very draining. You could also try sketching, or drawing, it's a good activity to waste time and it's very calming. Oh and you can try start watching a t.v. show. That's all the suggestions I have

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sitting on a bench in the park(yes I am nikola tesla or the local hobo feeding pigeons in the park)
It is very calming just to sit around with my jacket on and stare at the world pass me by without anything effecting me. :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hmm...you seem pretty detached and you don't have any specific hobbies or interests (at least you seem bored of any activities that you used to enjoy) that you are into so it's hard to pinpoint any one specific thing for you to do. I know you are expecting a "fun time" response - but this is one thing you can do prior to entering university: You can study or at least do some research on the major of your choosing in the remaining few months. I know this sounds boring, but I literally breezed through my first year at my university simply because I had read up on basic information about the materials that I am learning in class (on Wiki pages or anything really). I didn't have to study at all and had an ample amount of time to basically do whatever I want. Now everyone knows that the first year of university is really important for making friends. As you mentioned, you would like to make more friends. Having a good amount of free time on your hands allows you to meet as many people as possible (or as many as you want). The best way to do that is by joining clubs. It doesn't really matter what kind of clubs you join, whether it be a book club, anime club, or whatever is offered on your campus. But the easiest way to meet new people fast is through joining a club that matches your interest. Maybe you'll find someone who has an outdoor interest and is willing to do it with you. The amount of things you can do at university is limitless, it's all about finding the right group of people. I certainly gained a lot more interests/hobbies through meeting a huge diversity of different people from different backgrounds.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Doesn't like anime honestly he's cool.
Says the guy with Hyouka as avatar.
Chitanda a shit, though.

Dunno, try some drugs. Start with weak ones, specifically the ones with needles.
You didn't mention music. Do you like music? Try to find a new artist or a new genre. You could use last.fm, the social purpose isn't that necessary, you'll use it as a tool to find new stuff.
Besides playing guitar, do you have any artistical inspiration? You said you program, you could also get to web designing, interface designing, etc. I've been heavily occupied (and greatly satisfied) with the latter. I think I turned down 2 days of school to dedicate more time to it.

You live in Sweden. There are some fucked up calm places with beautiful scenarios there, right? Like one of those river banks you see in those animes and shit. Grab a fucking MP3 player with some ambient music and sit there some hours before the sunset. I always wanted to do that.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Says the guy with Hyouka as avatar.
Chitanda a shit, though.

Dunno, try some drugs. Start with weak ones, specifically the ones with needles.
You didn't mention music. Do you like music? Try to find a new artist or a new genre. You could use last.fm, the social purpose isn't that necessary, you'll use it as a tool to find new stuff.
Besides playing guitar, do you have any artistical inspiration? You said you program, you could also get to web designing, interface designing, etc. I've been heavily occupied (and greatly satisfied) with the latter. I think I turned down 2 days of school to dedicate more time to it.

You live in Sweden. There are some fucked up calm places with beautiful scenarios there, right? Like one of those river banks you see in those animes and shit. Grab a fucking MP3 player with some ambient music and sit there some hours before the sunset. I always wanted to do that.
I don't think I'm mentally stable enough for drugs.

I listen to a lot of music, probably too much. As for the web-design, I've got an idea for an android app.. should probably work on that first.

The places you're thinking of aren't in the suburbs, where I live. I have to go on a 40 min trip to get to them and then I just sit there alone on a meadow with my phone in my hand feeling like an idiot. I don't know why, but I can't enjoy stuff like that. Thanks for the suggestions, though. ^_^

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
Weeell, as for outdoor activities, I just... take walks. Combine them with observing what's around you. Examine an interestingly shaped tree. I live in a small town with fields and meadows around, though, so it's easy for me to find a good location with no people around. Other than that, I have no idea actually

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dunno, get some spray paint and become a street artist or something. I honestly have no idea what you kids are into these days.
I think taking artsy pictures of food is trending right now.
Taking up trivial causes by liking facebook pages seems pretty hip as well.

The thought of senseless property destruction is tempting. I'll try the spray paint thing. People will stand in awe of my crudely drawn 5 meter tall cat faces.

Reactions: Narcissus

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
I think taking artsy pictures of food is trending right now.
Taking up trivial causes by liking facebook pages seems pretty hip as well.

The thought of senseless property destruction is tempting. I'll try the spray paint thing. People will stand in awe of my crudely drawn 5 meter tall cat faces.
Please... senseless property enhancement. You don't even need to be able to draw. Just make a few stencils and you're on your way to being the next Banksy.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Please... senseless property enhancement. You don't even need to be able to draw. Just make a few stencils and you're on your way to being the next Banksy.
Banksy is way too cool. I even spent some time going around my state and in England to see some of his work in person. :th_blush:

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
Btw if you have even some minimal inclinations towards drawing things, maybe try incorporating this into the sitting on a meadow-thing. Draw what you see. Why, even if you can't draw at all, you can try.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Btw if you have even some minimal inclinations towards drawing things, maybe try incorporating this into the sitting on a meadow-thing. Draw what you see. Why, even if you can't draw at all, you can try.
I've tried. I'd enjoy drawing if I wasn't so awful at it. As it stands, it's not an enjoyable experience.

Reactions: Narcissus
1 - 20 of 35 Posts